• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Let's turn this around. Let's say a videogame claims that Trump was helped to win the election by foreign interference done by China, not Russia. Do you get mad Trump is being misrepresented because his illegal aiding was not done in this fictional media from who really did the deed? Do you think Trump is unfairly represented in this case?

Russia has enough blood on their hands. Allow me to not shed a tear for their purity if a videogame erroneously claims (in a fictional story) that they caused another bloodbath too.

Made-up scenarios honestly don't tangent my ass, america has comitted this war crime, america has never really had to own up TO ANY of their fucking warcrimes - of which they have comitted plenty - because they are a major ally of the west and every attempt to deny their war crimes and blame them on someone else is irresponsible and disgusting

This isn't about russia, this is about the US

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Poor Russia is being represented as a fascist nation that supports dictators and terrorist organizations, as opposed to the reality in which they... uhm... well nevermind.
Did you play the game?
Because Russia doesn't support dictators or terrorist organizations in this game at all.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Aren't these user reviews kind of showing that user scores are in fact not pointless? Because mainstream review sites don't really seem to be talking about this, no?

tell me how much people care about user scores when NBA 2k20 has a 0.7 user rating and is the number one selling game of the year in a matter of a couple weeks.

It's 2019......no one really cares except the bubble here and anyone wanting quick traffic.

The game has a problem but lets not give light to something as dumb as user review bombing.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Poor Russia is being represented as a fascist nation that supports dictators and terrorist organizations, as opposed to the reality in which they... uhm... well nevermind.
It's more about the fact that this is US propaganda pretending another nation committed a warcrime committed by the US. Of course people from Russia are going to care.

vlaar

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
I get it. You have the revisionist history part, then all the other "creative directions" the team took, and just the general portrayal. It makes sense for the russian people to be offended on how they are portrayed in the game.

You could say that the US and Russia are at the height of the second cold war and this is just a piece of anti-russian propaganda.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Somehow. Modern Warfare 2 felt more grounded politically. Sure, you were doing sick snowmobile jumps off mountains and other bullshit, but the actual nations felt like they were better developed overall. I don't really understand the US or Russia in Modern Warfare (2019). Feels like their choices are at the whim of the writers, but not in a way that actually feels believable or interesting.