• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
COD MW is a surprise. After games like Black Ops 4 and WWII, you wouldn't expect COD to give us a game like MW but Infinity Ward did and they delievered imo.

The campaign is just as good as Infinite Warfare's campaign which is underrated by the way. It looks amazing, has amazing gameplay and cutscenes and the story is pretty ok. Though it's a bit short and depressing.

Multiplayer is better than most COD's on this gen. It's much better than MWR, IW, BO4, WWII, Ghosts and AW. The graphics are almost Battlefield level, the gunplay feels smooth, fluid and different, the quality of life updates are a great addition, the maps are more open with more power positions, they got rid of the old Pick 10 system giving us a much better create a class system, the hit detection works correctly and the new modes like realism, gunfight and new Ground War are awesome. Being able to edit classes in game is amazing aswell. Sniping is delightful in this game so you'll enjoy it if you are a sniper player. The only negatives of this MP is mostly dull color design, push of the camping playstyle and the terrible netcode.

Spec Ops/Survival are cool additions though a bit lacking in content.

I'd say overall MW is worth $60 if you like FPS or COD. It's not ground breaking or anything but it is what COD needed for a while and is pretty fun. The new engine really helped alot. MW took some good step fowards for COD that will hopefully stay in the franchise. But it's a good decision to wait a bit to buy the game just incase Activision ruins it.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
It's been a while since I played COD but I find the visibility kinda bad.. Could be just me but I have trouble seeing faraway people I question how I died many times.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
It's been a while since I played COD but I find the visibility kinda bad.. Could be just me but I have trouble seeing faraway people I question how I died many times.
This is most CODs, to be fair. You don't aim at player models as much as you aim at red nametags. There's even usually a perk (in MW, it's Recon) that extends the range you see nametags. This is especially bad in Gunfight where there's plenty of cover (including zero collision grass) and you spend half the match playing nametag peekaboo. A lot of the time you can't even see the player model but names still show up.

I appreciate that BO4 took the design initiative to go for maximum visibility and give enemies glowing lights and health bars. A lot people gave that game crap but their combat design was on point.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Spec ops is straight up garbage compared to what we got in MW2/3. Not to mention the fact that IW lied about what the game mode was and the amount of content it would have.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
This is most CODs, to be fair. You don't aim at player models as much as you aim at red nametags. There's even usually a perk (in MW, it's Recon) that extends the range you see nametags. This is especially bad in Gunfight where there's plenty of cover (including zero collision grass) and you spend half the match playing nametag peekaboo. A lot of the time you can't even see the player model but names still show up.

I appreciate that BO4 took the design initiative to go for maximum visibility and give enemies glowing lights and health bars. A lot people gave that game crap but their combat design was on point.

I loved BO4 a ton. Picked this one up today and it's so much harder to see people...

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's decent I guess, I like Farah and Captain Price. The campaign feels more subdued and claustrophobic than past COD games, reminds me of MoH 2010.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty sure this is the 2nd time I've seen you backseat moderating a thread about CoD in a few hours.

uhh, i don't think so mate. You could've at least checked my posting history before making such an assumption.
And I dont think mentioning that there is an active OT counts as moderating. The OP wants to talk about MW and that's where most of the discussion is...?

Marco_Tovarich

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Last edited:

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I loved BO4 a ton. Picked this one up today and it's so much harder to see people...
Yeah, it's a big transition, especially because this game is much more campy and players tend to take cover around corners or (on a map like Picadilly) peek through car windows and lower their profile even more. You basically just have to learn the camper spots and avoid them, because sluggish strafe speeds means peeker advantage doesn't exist. Once you unlock Recon for a gun it should be the only gun perk you equip, because it helps with nametag visibility immensely.

Not as good. But still fun though.
Put me in the camp of people who don't understand how Ground War is fun. Battlefield is ordered chaos. Ground War just feels like a meat grinder. The maps are simultaneously too big and too small; they're big enough that you can go stretches without seeing an enemy (right before you get sniped) and small enough that you walk into a building and there's two full squads hanging out inside.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
It is pretty good. Solid 8/10. Easily my fav COD since BO2. I am struggling with getting used to the amount of camping in mutli (you can't run n gun at all no more) but I'm coming along slowly. I haven't touched Spec Ops yet but I heard it's fucked so I'll look at once I hear about a patch.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
I still prefer pick 10. The gunplay is great though. Just wish the maps weren't this crappy filled with campers everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.