• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HaloForzaGuy

Nov 11, 2017
Never come across anything like this before, surely a refund is possible?

Even the unsteady framerate in multiplayer (crossplay at that) shows that Activision are screwing xbox over, there's defo bad blood here, I think it's because xbox chose battlefield to support

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Even the unsteady framerate in multiplayer (crossplay at that) shows that Activision are screwing xbox over, there's defo bad blood here, I think it's because xbox chose battlefield to support

Is this a known issue or are you one of like 10 people?

If its a known issue expect another patch super soon, and you should be able to get a refund from the Microsoft Store they are generally pretty good at giving refunds.

IF you really want a refund:
As long as 14 days havent passed(they havent) and you havent played more than 2 hours(you havent).
Then the refund is practically automatic.

Go to the MS website
Select Payment and Billing
Order History.
Navigate to Modern Warfare.
Select Request Refund

As long as you havent played more than 2 hours you should get an automatic refund.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like I spoke too soon.
They acknowledge the issue.

And have already patched it.....hopefully.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
The idea that Acti would purposely undermine Xbox is silly. They'd sink their business overnight.

Launch week is always going to raise certain bugs and bumps.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
The idea that Acti would purposely undermine Xbox is silly. They'd sink their business overnight.

Launch week is always going to raise certain bugs and bumps.
Yeah, this. (Although to be fair, the timed exclusivity for DLC/game modes can also be interpreted in a similar way.)

Anyway, it's good to make some noise about it, but no tinfoil hats needed.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, I think this is just a super unfortunate flub and not a console war conspiracy...

Really sucks that it's happening, though.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Patched? No. My One X still crashing. (Full shutdown)

Infinity Ward said:
Xbox Crashes: We have identified an issue that is affecting some players on Xbox One X. Players affected are experiencing crashes. We are working with Microsoft to address the issue. We genuinely can't thank you all enough for providing us with your ongoing feedback this launch, every bit of information helps. Stand by for more updates on this issue soon, and thank you for your patience and your help while we work towards a solution.

Looks like they are still working on it.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018

This is really the conclusion you came to?
Why would Activision even care who they have a partnership with? They get their money either way, this is so ridiculous.

Oct 28, 2017

We have a winner for today's funniest joke folks

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I know they are saying it's a small number of players and this evidence is purely anecdotal, but out of the 4 guys I work with who all bought it for the X all have been suffering hard locks and the xbox resetting.

Karnya

Oct 28, 2017
I've yet to have a crash. 6 hours in and it's been smooth. I'd be interested to see how wide spread the issue is.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017

You actually think this is intentional? Please.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
so there is absolutely no chance that the xbox version was put on the back burner to focus on the ps4 version? I don't think they purposefully caused issues, but with all the money being exchanged to ensure only the PS4 version was used at events, reviews, media events etc it's obvious that it was the version getting the focus.

Hopefully this get's enough eyes on to force them to really focus on the xbox version. there's no excuse for poorer framerate and crashes.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
My x would crash whenever i was in an xbox dash party. Soon as we stuck to lobby chat, no more crashes. Glad they put a fix out though.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

For fuck's sake this stuff happens routinely with many games, no need get your tinfoil hat in a knot.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
They just didn't spend the required time on it

Also, the framerate should be number 1 priority especially with crossplay multiplayer... Its a big disadvantage

And yes, there is bad blood between Microsoft and Activision

Do some critical thinking. What does Activision get out of releasing a broken product on the Xbox?

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
It's happening on the X and in my original to, even though it happens a lot frequently on my X. I have found a way to trigger this almost every time, I just need to open my friends list while the game is in the middle of a map transition/loading. Sometimes happens in a random moment of gameplay. I'm thinking of applying for aa refund if this doesn't get fixed soon.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
It's happening on the X and in my original to, even though it happens a lot frequently on my X. I have found a way to trigger this almost every time, I just need to open my friends list while the game is in the middle of a map transition/loading. Sometimes happens in a random moment of gameplay. I'm thinking of applying for aa refund if this doesn't get fixed soon.

Certainly a fix early next week, if not sooner.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's good to spread awareness of an issue like this, but did you need to have a tinfoil hat on while doing it? Jesus fucking christ.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's all over the subreddit and twitter. To release a game in this state is very very shocking to me. It's not just crashing to dash. It's literally powering down X consoles. Some people are seeing it 5/6 times per hour.

The game has been released in a completely broken state.One of the most egregious examples I can remember. No way did they not know this. I believe that on Reddit as examples flooded in it was described as a 'known memory leak'.

Terrible to release it in this state.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that sucks.
The game looks and plays great but they sure messed up in ways that takes the fun out of buying a game.
I play it on the PRo and you first have this INSANE download that takes forever on PSN (i bought it physical so not to have to download a lot but you have to download almost the entire game). After all is said and done it forces you to make an Activision account. Then i started the game the second day and it said i didn't download things yet, but i did. Had to restart it. Later on there was a level where you have to guide a person through a level and it just stopped giving me options. Had to restart it.

Props to the artists and the new engine. But come on Activision.

These hard resets sound terrible. Should not happen.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not had any crashes on my Xbox x as of yet, from what I'm reading it's only when in party's though? Played just over 10 hours so far

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy

Never happened in two Campaign runs to me.
I still have to try MP tho.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I've had one crash to home screen on my X in MP. No other problems.

Not for once second do I imagine a silly conspiracy behind this. It will be patched.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017

Come on drop the conspiracy nonsense they aren't doing this because of a co-marketing deal, it's just not as optimised as it should be.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Also, I'm 100% sure it is not in Activision's interests to deliberately break one version of the game.
I think it's an offensive accusation that someone from Sony sat down with someone from Activision and shook hands on making the Xbox One X version crash.

ieu

Oct 26, 2017
Mid Wales
I mean it's bad but as I understand it this is a brand new engine so some hiccups are to be expected.
Hope they fix it soon.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
so there is absolutely no chance that the xbox version was put on the back burner to focus on the ps4 version? I don't think they purposefully caused issues, but with all the money being exchanged to ensure only the PS4 version was used at events, reviews, media events etc it's obvious that it was the version getting the focus.

Hopefully this get's enough eyes on to force them to really focus on the xbox version. there's no excuse for poorer framerate and crashes.
Them having a main platform they developed and optimize for first would be standard, so there's a pretty high chance actually.

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017

This really sums up the juvenile thought process of some people in this forum.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love how there's multiple references to "bad blood" as if that's some kind of smoking gun that Activision would use to actively screw over the xbox, yet no evidence of this "bad blood" is given. You do realize that this sort of forced shut down has a chance to damage consoles, yes? You really think Activision is gonna purposefully cause crashes that could permanently damage hardware? Do you understand how far up Shit Creek they would be if they were caught doing that?

Some of y'all need to hold off the console wars train and take a deep breath, god damn...

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game seems like a technical disaster on several fronts.

OP
OP
HaloForzaGuy

HaloForzaGuy

Nov 11, 2017
Do you genuinely believe things like this while you're typing them? Honest question.

It's not... "let's deliberately mess this version up"

It's more so... "ah don't waste too much time on this version"

To release a product that switches ur hardware on and off is crazy... Everyone should get an instant refund no questions asked if they want

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not... "let's deliberately mess this version up"

It's more so... "ah don't waste too much time on this version"

To release a product that switches ur hardware on and off is crazy... Everyone should get an instant refund no questions asked if they want

Your OP *heavily* implies that Activision is doing it purposefully. "Bad blood" because of... marketing agreements? I guess? It's a ridiculous premise.