• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'll have to keep an eye out for more info about this. I really would rather get it on PC, where my hardware is sure to run it better than my PS4, but I prefer to play with a controller over KBM. I'll just have to wait for more definitive wording around "if you have a controller connected on PC, you won't be matched with KBM users"

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Does it? Maybe I'm misunderstanding it then. Seems like they're saying you can play with console users. I'm talking about cross-platform parties. Like, one way, it could just be like "hey you got put into this match with players on Xbox / PS4" -- the other way is "Cool, I can party with my friends and go into a game together"

They already did that at the event. So yes it's possible to have in-game crossplatform parties.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like this overall vision.

Cross console against other controller users? Cool.

Keyboard/mouse option on console? Cool, now XIM users have no excuse - nuke it from orbit, dedicate resources to detect and ban people using it.

PC players in my console game? Can I opt out? I don't want to play against PC people at all on console for various reasons

Hopefully you can completely opt out of cross play with PC on console. Just because both platforms use the same input method doesn't change the fact that one player base mostly plays on TVs at 60fps (at best, possibly not locked), while the other has options like 144hz and extremely low input lag monitors. In a fast paced, competitive game like this, that makes a difference.

This.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
that's good. Wow Infinity Ward is doing everything right this time. I like it! Cant wait for the game!

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
If they actually care then cheating won't be an issue. Whatever anti-cheat they used in Destiny 2 worked really well.

I haven't seen any obvious cheaters in non-EA shooters in a while.

Fair enough, it very well might not be an issue in some other games, including COD. But those two I've played a bunch and know that it most definitely is a big problem in them.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Guessing they're referring to the fact that M&K will be the lowest population.

Not many console players will opt in to play mixed so you will be basically playing with nothing but M&K users. Hence why it will likely result in longer queue times.
Well, I for one look forward to playing in mixed in controller settings. I think it will be very interesting.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Quick question, Is there cross playe voicer chat between, Ps4, xbox one, and PC? How does that work?

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Keyboard/mouse option on console? Cool, now XIM users have no excuse - nuke it from orbit, dedicate resources to detect and ban people using it.

Yup.

Since the game has native M&K support on consoles, if you use XIM to use M&K against Controller users that haven't opted in then you're officially cheating.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
PC players in my console game? Can I opt out? I don't want to play against PC people at all on console for various reasons

This makes little business sense for them to do if they're trying to keep CoD selling on PC. The fact of the matter is that the overall population is much lower on PC, so they have to make up for those players somehow if they don't want whole swaths of the playlist being ghost towns.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good on Activision for making cross-play happen - it's the future of gaming.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still kind of disappointed. CoD dies on PC so quickly. This could have saved it had it been opt-out and not opt-in.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Not that I care as I'm fine with both controls, not that I'd buy a COD game on PC due to population and playlist completely shitting the bed after a few weeks. So who knows if it'll be different this time.

But I want to see receipts. XIM, Brook, whatever the other dongles are with MKB, etc and see which are still detected, which bypass the detection.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Wonder how cross play voice chat works since 90% of console players use party chats. Will I be able to cross play and join party's of Xbox or psn players?

Well it's probably not supported through COD, but Xbox party chat is built into Windows 10, I bet you could load the game, open the game bar and hop into an Xbox party that way. PS4 you'll probably be out of luck.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
As far as unfair cheats go I'm sure having keyboard and mouse inputs appear as controller inputs will be one of the easiest.

Officially supporting keyboard and mouse on console might help with fairness.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
So if console players opt-in with m&kb players, they would be paired up with opponents and teammates with the input, yeah?

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
As far as unfair cheats go I'm sure having keyboard and mouse inputs appear as controller inputs will be one of the easiest.

The only way they could really do that is with a xim, which is already a thing people do on console. So it wouldn't be anything different. They'd still have to use the controller settings as if they were using a xim on the console instead of pc.

I can't imagine anyone on PC play like that when they can just use normal m+Kb support with no problem

Last edited:

exodus

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think it'll be too much of a problem, at least on PC. Emulating a controller with KB/M feels absolutely terrible compared to native.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Maybe it's just how it's worded in the quote but is this only crossplay in that console players can play with PC players but not console with other consoles?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I can already see VJoy or something along those lines being used. Or people just throwing a XIM in their PC.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Well it's probably not supported through COD, but Xbox party chat is built into Windows 10, I bet you could load the game, open the game bar and hop into an Xbox party that way. PS4 you'll probably be out of luck.
No i dont think so. Its battleNet game why it would support xbox chat. You will either have in game chat or chat via discord

What you saying btw is too small shit to care

Jan 4, 2018
So if I'm that weirdo who plays with controller on PC would it match me primarily with console players rather than other PC users?