• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
They almost fooled me that it wouldn't be dumb Hollywood blockbuster set-pieces and one liners.

It's certainly Modern Warfare.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The cinematics are a huge step up from Infinite Warfare which was already insanely good

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What did this leak through btw? I checked the PlayStation Store because I thought it was that at first, but it doesn't seem to be it.

Karamsoul

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of needed locale variation, looks pretty decent. I'm in simply for the improved multiplayer- SP is just a good bonus.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Looks good to me. After Infinite Warfare, I have full faith in Infinity Ward to make a great campaign.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Was that Debra Wilson in the trailer? Lol, she's everywhere nowadays. Wolfenstein, God of War, Gears 4, Mirror's Edge, FFXV, Just Cause, Days Gone, Walking Dead, Indivisible, Star Wars and now Modern Warfare :D

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
"We are all killers here"

"Draw the line where ever you need to"

"If you can't identify target then you are target"

Some ol' good CoD cringe depth for sure, amazing how same series has stayed over decades.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'll wait for the shiney version but I really hope the devs get this game right in our current climate.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I like that they're continuing the trend of IW of frequent 3rd person cutscenes. Sledgehammer games kind of did it but not as often. Maybe my memory is failing me.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Glad everyone freaked out about them going too far with a gritty, realistic depiction of warfare. Also, #NotMyPrice.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like that they're continuing the trend of IW of frequent 3rd person cutscenes. Sledgehammer games kind of did it but not as often. Maybe my memory is failing me.
I'd prefer if they used the ingame models.

Going to CG cutscenes is just naturally less impressive.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
"We are all killers here"

"Draw the line where ever you need to"

"If you can't identify target then you are target"

Some ol' good CoD cringe depth for sure, amazing how same series has stayed over decades.

"The more that changes, the more that stays the same" - Modern Warfare 2

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Captain Price dropping them knowledge bombs.

"If you can't identify the target, YOU are the target"

lol

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Looks OK. Tho, I can hear already all the rage from certain crowd that women are featured so prominently on the trailer

I can't wait to see how Modern Warfare has somehow now become political because there are women in the videogame...Yikes

So, the storming of the embassy bit was shown briefly in the earlier trailer and, If i recall correctly, it appeared to be more of a civilian crowd that was doing it. The way it was shown it was almost shot like a zombie film/game and that just felt gross.

This showing they are armed goons or whatever still feels really squicky.

"If you can't identify the target, then you are the target" Fucking what Price? How's that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.