• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I liked the original MW setting/story. The war that erupted between the US and Russia made for some epic gameplay moments.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So we're back with good campaigns?

Hell yeah! MW is still the top tier in the matter

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018

Wait CharlieIntel said there was

"Activision has announced that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will not have a traditional season pass like previous years, as Activision moves to make changes to the franchise overall with the gaming industry changing.
In the press release announcing the new title from Infinity Ward, Activision has confirmed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will support cross play as well between PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC."

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah just finished watching that video.

Letting you play as a child is already a bit too much but that scene in the playground with all the dead children is really fucked. I hope they treat this all with care but I get the feeling it's just shock value for shock value's sake. They know that controversy will bring in the big bucks which is why they're so brazen in advertising the campaign this way.

Also the scene I described above isn't even the most controversial part of the game...
Curious why he used "Middle Eastern freedom fighters" with air quotes. Are Middle Easterners only terrorists or something?

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god...just look at it. It's like a night and day difference from that rusted old engine they've been using for way too long. This looks so fresh, new and lovely.

And the tone of it is just...perfect. Really looking forward to seeing more.

God damn...I haven't been this interested in a Call of Duty for such a long time.

Pumped.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
The maps situation has been a joke for B04 I'm not paying the full price of another game for a season pass.

So all those new maps I've missed out on.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Wow an actual new engine. Very very interested to see more which is the first time since like MW3 I have said that and even then at that point I knew what to expect and all that. (It's still gonna be cod but yeah interested for more)

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
Wait CharlieIntel said there was

"Activision has announced that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will not have a traditional season pass like previous years, as Activision moves to make changes to the franchise overall with the gaming industry changing.
In the press release announcing the new title from Infinity Ward, Activision has confirmed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will support cross play as well between PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC."
I think it's PS4 vs PC and Xbox One vs PC

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really hoping this includes another BR mode. Blackout was great just didnt get enough updates. Will be watching this closely. I like what im hearing so far tho.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pushes boundaries and breaks rules the way only Modern Warfare can with an edgy, culturally relevant and thought-provoking single-player campaign."

It's already been pointed out, but who tries to use edgy as a positive? Bit off the mark. And I'm not sure I expect a sensitive topical campaign from Call of Duty.
Cross play is great tho, and I know some complain about no season passes meaning fewer maps, but I'm happy they won't be splitting the users.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So is this one different then:

1. Go to script line, fight waves of enemies, move to next one, over and over.
2. Your team mates can't hit the broad side of a barn.
3. All enemies focus their fire on the player.

These are the three main things that made me bored of the single player part of CoD, it felt less like an immersive game and the way enemies focused you and your team mates literally didn't hit shit really took me out of the experience.

Would love to see those issues fixed and changed up.

The trailer looked nice, and I am glad they are moving to a new engine. The way the clothing moved about looked AMAZING an dit's something I'v elong wanted to see games do decently (not just on cloaks like most cloth physics have been used for).

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So is this one different then:

1. Go to script line, fight waves of enemies, move to next one, over and over.
2. Your team mates can't hit the broad side of a barn.
3. All enemies focus their fire on the player.

These are the three main things that made me bored of the single player part of CoD, it felt less like an immersive game and the way enemies focused you and your team mates literally didn't hit shit really took me out of the experience.

Would love to see those issues fixed and changed up.

The trailer looked nice, and I am glad they are moving to a new engine. The way the clothing moved about looked AMAZING an dit's something I'v elong wanted to see games do decently (not just on cloaks like most cloth physics have been used for).

A lot of those aren't issues. They're by design. If they made the AI team members actually competent the games would be very easy. It's all about balancing.

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess the special edition DLCs will be,
'War Pig operator pack"
latest

"Crew Expendable operator pack"
latest

"All Ghillied Up operator pack"
latest

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
A guy who played it had nothing but positive things to say about it. Gameplay has been changed significantly. Hyped now