• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iddshane

Dec 2, 2017
I was thinking of buying a ps4 for this game and a few exclusives, but PC crossplay change things. I'll still buy PS4 slim but I'm getting this COD 2019 on PC if it's crossplay.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If that really all comes to pass like announced than this could be the reinventing the series needed, but it's still Activision we're talking about so I remain really, REALLY sceptical about this until I have it in my hands.

Also how is Crossplay supposed to work? PC would just dominate everything.
Would not be suprised if its for the PvE/CoOp only. PS4 / X1 Crossplay for regular MP

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
an edgy, culturally relevant and thought-provoking single-player campaign.

47f.png

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Sounds great.

Except the cross play. I play on console and I don't want to play againt people with mouse and keyboard. Hope you can disable it.

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
Damn this looks good. I spent well over 100 bucks on BOPS4 and I'm already bored of it. I'm kinda thinking day 1 for this one.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
As long as crossplay with PC is optional I'm down with everything I've seen so far. Especially the new engine has me interested.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Is there any word on the guns actually sounding like guns in this?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
What the fuck

https://charlieintel.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-campaign-missions-walkthrough-

Russian soldier is ordered to check door to door and comes into their house before they can leave. The father pleads with him not to shoot because there are children in the house. The father then lunges towards the attacker to take the weapon away and stab him. The little boy tries to help the father take down the attacker, but the attacker throws the boy into the door, knocking him out. The Russian soldier is a lot stronger and shoots the father numerous times — in front of the daughter. The daughter runs for her cover. The soldier starts to search for her around the house, and she starts to run into vents. This begins a little cat and mouse style chase. She picks up a screwdriver, runs at him, stabs him in the leg. He yells. The girl runs again, back for cover as the attacker is not subdued. They go around in this cat and mouse style chase for two more times with the girl stabbing him repeatedly in the legs with a screwdriver, and then, the brother wakes up. The action movies to the kitchen of the house, where a fight ensues again. The daughter stabs this attacker, alongside the brother trying to choke him out. As the man is brought down, the daughter finally gets a hold of the AK of the attacker and shoots him numerous times. The brother and sister converse about what they need to do, and the girl takes off the attacker's gas mask to use for herself.

This campaign sounds absolutely fucking mad

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Its not Modern Warfare 4 though because Price looks younger, seems more like a prequel. They should've given it some kind of tag line though it's just weird now.

i mean the timeline of black ops iiii was pre-black ops iii. numbered sequels don't really mean anything in regards to the timeline of games. kind of funny there will be MW, MWR, and whatever shorthand people will use for this one. i guess you just call it MW4

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I really hope Infinity Ward knows what they are doing, because that campaign premise can go south in a hurry depending on execution.

Wonder if Brian Bloom is back writing. Infinite Warfare was helped greatly by his contribution.

Nov 14, 2017
Need some clarification on crossplay part. It, not acceptable keyboard and mouse players can play controller players. If they just giving an option for PC players to use a controller, that's ok.

Oct 25, 2017
According to Easy Allies Captain Price was created using that model technique RE7 used so thats why he sounds different,
they cast someone to look like and voice him.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, this is probably the most incredible a COD game has looked visually in a long time.

DoughBoi

May 7, 2019
I REALLY like the focus on campaign in the press release

I just marathoned MW 1-2-3 this week and they're really so fucking good. Dumb, but they deliver on the big time spectacle and the quiet cliche-spec-ops-badass moments like nothing else does. Feels like because of player burnout and real life political weariness, we've missed out on just a shameless modern military fantasy campaign for almost the full generation. Can't wait!
Eh, that's exactly why I thought MW3 sucked. Way too over the top. MW2 was a bit the same, especially on the back half. CoD4 was just the right amount of campiness. It still maintained vibe from the old CoDs; the main characters aren't super heroes, they're just guys who are damn good at their job. Thankfully this reboot (so far) seems to lean more towards the first game than its successors. It looks more grounded than the new Ghost Recon, and I don't know if I'm happy or sad about that.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
CoD would never run afoul of the heartland. Just too big of a market to piss off. The closest you'll ever get is vague acknowledgements of PTSD that can still be read as pro-soldier.
I mean, they could - the villain of MW2 was a nationalistic American general who purposefully orchestrated a world war to reinvigorate American imperialism abroad - but they likely won't since whacker-types probably make up a larger portion of their fanbase than they did even during MW2's height.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Apparently you can't ADS when you have NVG on because that also doesn't work in real life?

Is this SQUAD?

nuggetgamer52

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all aboard the hype train.
New Engine
Modern setting
Grounded Campaign
No Season Pass
So far all this sounds great

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
No, I'm asking how they can be bringing out the original if it just came out as a remastered version.

Is it further remastered?

I think everyone has known for a while that it's a soft reboot so I apologize for not realizing you had to have missed that or something. Unless I really don't understand what you're saying still. It's a new game with the same name. It's hard to believe that will be so confusing for anyone lol, the remaster was released in 2016.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been a crossplay game where you CAN'T disable it? So many posts here about hoping it can be disabled.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Easy Allies preview is great and got my even more hyped

Brandon said that the two missions shown are kinda disgusting, and that IW seems to be going into a "is this okay" territory. It sounds like they're getting far away from the "America/military...FUCK YEAH!" territory where it's questioning the military. What they do as well as the impact their actions have on civilians.

I'm not gonna put this on the developers, but I'm pretty sure a high majority (80%-90%) will overlook this stuff and be like GUNS, SHOOTING, FUCK YEAH.

It's the whole "You know Starship Troopers was satire, right?" thing all over again.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any word on the guns actually sounding like guns in this?

Easy Allies talks about it and how they sounded great (part of the presentation of the revamped engine was about sound) but they added the caveat that they were in a theatre and asked "do the guns have that much boom... or are the speakers just bigger here"

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
So is this a new universe or a sequel to MW3?

From my Ars Technica report:

Despite reusing the old series name without a number attached, this game is neither a remake nor a remaster. CoD:MW hits reset on the series' timeline. Infinity Ward has rewound a few of its familiar characters and concepts, then placed them in an entirely new, "current-day" storyline. The development team is doing this in part to usher in a first for the series: an entire half of the campaign played from the perspective of an Arab soldier.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No, I'm asking how they can be bringing out the original if it just came out as a remastered version.

Is it further remastered?

You have to be acting a fool right now.....and if you trolling you have succeeded.

This isnt Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Its Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Not a remaster, not a remake a full sequel.

Just like God of War came out in 2018 but it wasnt a remaster it was a sequel