• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
Looks interesting and the new engine looks good. I did totally roll my eyes at the first line being "the rules have changed", I mean how cliche can you get? I'm also not a fan of just naming it Modern Warfare, but it's whatever. Please just give me spec ops mode finally instead of zombie mode for god sake! I'm looking forward to seeing more of the game though, and I really hope they change things up a bit.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new engine is certainly interesting. Always thought they would wait until next gen for that.

So far it's certainly the best looking COD.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
crossplay with pc is a bad idea. m&k is a objective advantage. I wont cross play, but not sure it should be in fps.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
it's like 1-5% of the install base. I'm not underestimating it. PC is nearly 100%. The vast majority, and I mean VAST majority on console will be using controllers.
Even on controllers you can get mod packs which are hack territory look up Titan Two, Strike pack and a whole bunch more and those are even cheaper and even more accessible to get and that's while playing with controller

Basically there's not always a even playing field on console now in online FPS games and is only just gaining more users like this day by day

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Looks alright. My college self would be drooling all over that trailer but I've been out of military shooters for a while.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Looks fantastic. Cross play is welcome.

Are they still going to support Blackout along side this though? That was one of the things that brought myself and friends back to COD and has been great fun.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Some of what looks like gameplay looks next gen (like that shooting from behind the car) while other looks like the old COD. What's with that? and is that the white helmet? they're going to include Syria? if so then I'm not sure that's a good choice...

Modern Warfare is my favorite COD franchise, but they fucked up with MW3 after the previous team left really bad. Hopefully they get this one right.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
Crossplay between consoles and PC is awesome and controller vs. KB/M isn't that important with COD. I've played the last few games on PC and pretty much only use a controller. Do just as well as I used to on the previous console versions.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Free DLC maps? Cross-play? I'm fucking down for this. Can't wait to see the MP reveal, cause this is some exciting ass shit right here.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Huh, I didn't think this would excite me, since I am really invested in Blops 4 and don't want to switch every year now, but this is probably going to get bought day 1.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
I've had the urge to return to COD4 and MW2 lately so this is actually good timing for them to bring this period back. Trailer was good, I'm interested.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New engine, no season pass, crossplay. Are we in the right timeline?

I'm extremely excited about this.

Day 1

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
That NVG footage is absolutely bonkers, quite possibly the most photo-realistic thing I've seen this gen

What the fuck

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
For real though, how the fuck many perfectly good cigars is Price going to waste trying to look cool?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I can't believe it took them this long to revamp the graphics.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Where is that Private Ryan how fast time flies gif. There for Modern Warfare, back for Modern Warfare, lol.

Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif
I just feel that the gameplay hook has a finite lifespan. I've enjoyed every CoD I've played but I burn out so quickly due to the extremely low TTK, gimmicky weapons, and killstreak spamming.

I don't know, maybe I'm just too prudish these days when it comes to the series.