• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Big change from the past several years of games.

Today, let's address the basics for the in-game economy coming in Modern Warfare.
  • We are introducing a new Battle Pass system, not a loot box system.
  • All functional content that has an impact on game balance, such as base weapons and attachments, can be unlocked simply by playing the game.
  • The new Battle Pass system will allow players to see the content that they are earning or buying. Battle Passes will launch timed to new, post-launch live seasons, so you can unlock cool new Modern Warfare-themed content that matches each season.
  • With the new Battle Pass system, players will be able to earn COD Points by playing the game.
  • There will be both a Free Stream and a Premium Stream of content in the Battle Pass System in Modern Warfare. New base weapons will be earned through gameplay, simply by playing Modern Warfare. Functional attachments for base weapons can be unlocked through gameplay as well just like in the game's Beta.
  • The Battle Pass and the In-Game Store will feature a variety of cosmetic content that does not impact game balance.

Personally I'm stoked for this. I know a lot of people don't like seasonal Battle Passes, but at least you will know what you're getting for your money before you buy it now. The last few years of loot boxes in CoD games were absolutely rotten. Just full of garbage and took forever to earn them, most of the time getting something you didn't care about.

According to Charlie Intel, Activision President Rob Kostich referred to the company as "Microtrans-Activision" in a recent meeting due to their reputation in gaming right now, and stated he wants to change that perception. https://charlieintel.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-will-not-have-loot-boxes/57274/

EDIT: Someone made a thread while I was typing this up. I searched before I made this, I swear!

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will Battle Pass have exclusive weapons tho? Its still P2W then.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent news

Going to hit up some of my Beenox friends for a bnet copy :p

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I frankly don't believe them that it'll stay this way.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
WealthyUnlawfulElkhound-size_restricted.gif

Weapon Variants, i.e Cosmetics only.

Status
Not open for further replies.