• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to change my pick up option to tap instead of press to hold?

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is it possible they just make the guns stronger in this mode to fit within the 40 seconds time limit ?

It would probably be easier to adjust the player's health instead of changing each individual gun's damage, but yeah, it may be possible. Or they might make some adjustments for the beta or full release.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible they just make the guns stronger in this mode to fit within the 40 seconds time limit ?

I don't really find the TTK that unusual for Call of Duty to be honest. The guns feel like they do pretty standard damage (though headshots maybe feel a bit punchier?) and the recoil feels more significant which, at longer ranges, will make for longer firefights.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. The headglitching in this game is VERY bad. A real "honeymoon phase over" kind of bad that I hope is addressed

Too many other fps games have addressed this issue. COD needs to too

also the aim assist options ARE for MP. Disappointing since it's so powerful

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yikes. The headglitching in this game is VERY bad. A real "honeymoon phase over" kind of bad that I hope is addressed

Considering the whole mounting system it looks like Infinity Ward wants people to headglitch.
wow this pickup variant is fun.
Meh, I only played 1 game of it but didn't like it. Same weapons being in same spots makes for 0 variety and picking them up is a pain in the ass.

s y

Nov 8, 2017

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
It's incredibly disappointing that the game does nothing to penalise hopping. It makes such a mockery of all the supposed advances here that it's still worth bouncing as you go around every corner.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC

How do other games address it? Is it purely through level design?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's incredibly disappointing that the game does nothing to penalise hopping. It makes such a mockery of all the supposed advances here that it's still worth bouncing as you go around every corner.

At least there appears to be no noticeable gain from hopping like in the previous two entries where you actually accelerated when you jumped, causing everyone to bunny hop constantly around corners.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to understand how they wouldn't have tried to improve on headglitching, let alone make it worse... christ.

I mean some games don't (Fortnite comes to mind), but in general your movement and aiming are impaired pretty heavily by jumping. Not really the case here.

Mar 6, 2019
Would you guys agree that these are the best sounding and feeling guns ever in a game?

Based on what I'm seeing, these guns feel so violent and powerful

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

There's a hopping related exploit that they're aware of and has been fixed in the beta build. Something to bypass the jump fatigue that CoD usually has. Maybe that'll sort things.

Mothballs

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
Going to give this a shot tonight. It looks pretty wild, hopefully this is the change needed (years ago) to freshen up the series.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
gunfight but you start with fists and have to pickup weapons.

I thought Target assist was for MP?

Going by IW's reddit response, all those assist options are for MP.

Games like siege moved the bullets coming out closer to chest level.Games like battlefield and pubg do the right thing and have bullets come out of the barrel

I feel both of these things undermine the gameplay but i guess i have to live with the aim assist and hope they tweak headglitching. Thought a new engine would allow them some newer ways to handle it but it somehow seems worse than ever

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Going by IW's reddit response, all those assist options are for MP.

Games like siege moved the bullets coming out closer to chest level.Games like battlefield and pubg do the right thing and have bullets come out of the barrel

I feel both of these things undermine the gameplay but i guess i have to live with the aim assist and hope they tweak headglitching. Thought a new engine would allow them some newer ways to handle it but it somehow seems worse than ever

For sure. Headglitching is not a problem beyond the wit of man, surely, but as you say, it does seem worse in this than ever. Makes the weapon mounting completely pointless as it exposes you much more. PUBG's way of handling it isn't great in my opinion, but I think thatsomewhat stems from the third-person first-person dichotomy there. Feels a lot fairer in both Siege and Battlefield than it does here.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
One thing that bothers me is how the third person animations don't line up with what's going on in first, particularly as it pertains to where an enemy is looking. Just a disconnect that leads to mild frustration.

Oct 27, 2017
Infinity ward must think i'm some sort of God!

Every lobby, and i mean every.single.lobby. i'm going up against scuff jumping every corner jumping every fight people who are what i'm guessing on adderal or something :D

It's actually insane!

Why is this still a thing? it takes me out of the game it just looks so stupid and ridiculous.
The fisher price of shooters , still. I thought this was gonna be more hardcore/different

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to get online and play with a friend? I tried last night but neither me nor my pal could figure out how to see or receieve invites.

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
Sorry if this has been asked before but for those have played both, how similar does MW's gunplay feel to Battlefield's?

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Would you guys agree that these are the best sounding and feeling guns ever in a game?

Based on what I'm seeing, these guns feel so violent and powerful

My early hot take is yes

Me the first time I fired the M13 full auto:
source.gif

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

No, not really - see Tripwire shooters, the Insurgency series, Squad, or Escape from Tarkov as examples of FPS with excellent gunplay and just as good or better audio than MW - but is the best CoD has seen in a long time? Absolutely. I'm really glad the devs focused on providing more immersive gunplay instead of continuing the series tradition of wimpy peashooters.

Feb 18, 2018
I'm pretty surprised, honestly. I was expecting to just play it a little to get a feel for the new direction they're taking the gunplay. I ended up really hooked into it, more than I've been in a CoD since Black Ops. It just feels so, so incredible. It feels violent, intense. There are moments of pure silence punctuated by insanely loud gunfire. The mount mechanic added so much for me. I was surprised how much I loved my time with it, and I plan to play it some more.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Don't particularly like the new Gunfight mode, OSP.

One of the bits I like about Gunfight is the fact it's a totally level playing field right from the start, but OSP kinda wrecks that.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For some reason, I have a hard time getting weapons in OSP. I spend too much time getting to it, looking at it right and holding square

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
You know what would be rad if at the last of the hour of this alpha they make tdm playable on a single map just as a sneak peek for the beta.