• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
This is still nonsensical to me. The campaign was awesome but people want the whole thing.

Jan 2, 2018
I just hope this won't be their "we do have a campaign this year,see?" but something in addition to their new main game's campaign,similar to IW and MW1R (and IW's campaign was great btw).

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
JUST the campaign? I thought the whole reason it didn't come out last year like planned was because they heard the negative feedback and delayed it so they could include everything.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is still nonsensical to me. The campaign was awesome but people want the whole thing.
Activision don't want MP users split between Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 3, and Modern Warfare 4. (Rumour has it the MW3 campaign is getting remade/remastered, too.)

Why release three Call of Duty MP games in the same year when you could release three campaigns (MW2, MW3, MW4) and one MP game with content spanning the series history?

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The campaign was awesome for sure, but it would be extremely disappointing if multiplayer is not included.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm just gonna throw a prediction in here: pre-order bonus for this year's CoD. Pre-order and pay off your pre-order and you'll immediately get a download code for this.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice. Played the MWR last June and hoping that MW2 (and MW3) are fully remastered and included with COD 2019 which im hoping will be MW4.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly with Activision part of me is just assuming they haven't rated the multiplayer portion yet because that's a separate thing they're gonna make that as part of the SUPER ULTRA edition.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
On the bright side, maybe the lack of multiplayer is because this year's game (probably MW4) is going to try to be more like MW2?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Makes sense.

Modern Warfare 4 announcement this year with this included.

Yep

It's coming.

And so am I.

RAMIREZ....!!!!!

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who was so excited for MW1 Remasted MP, be very happy they are not going to fundamentally skull-fuck your happy memories of this game.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Honestly this might sound weird, but to me at least this is about as much confirmation that this year's Cod is MW4 as we're getting. I can't help but feel that the addition of multiplayer to Cod 4 remastered was done because Activision knew Infinite Warfare's MP wouldn't be popular.

All this tells me is that since this year's Cod is MW4, Activision might not see much point in adding MP to MW2. I also wonder if MW4's campaign is going to be tied to MW2 in some way.

This is not really relevant now, but I remember that in the lead up to Cod Ghost's release there were a lot of rumors about how 2013's Call of Duty would be basically be MW4, but it would be a prequel about Ghost from MW2. Again, not relevant at all now since that rumor ended up being false, but I wonder if there's even an ounce of truth to that rumor and if this does end up being a prequel of sorts.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Campaign only is such a weird choice
On the bright side, maybe the lack of multiplayer is because this year's game (probably MW4) is going to try to be more like MW2?
That would be my guess. If Infinity Ward is going back to Modern Warfare then I suppose it would make sense not to release a remaster of MW2's multiplayer as they'd want to push people to the new game.

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What, limited sprint is the best. Else youre getting flanked constantly cause people can cross the map in seconds.

They changed to unlimited sprint in wwii after like 6 months after release, and game didn't have problems with flanking after that. Majority of players liked that decision.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I loved this campaign. I will definitely pick it up at some point. I only recently bought the first MW remaster because GameStop was selling the collectors edition of Infinite for the same price as regular on xB1, and it's on disk for that version, so I got it for like $10 with IW instead of buying the standalone for $40.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Man. I got to have that multiplayer if they are going to try to sell me the game. I dumped so many hours into MW:R and will probably jump back on when the population rockets next month. It would be amazing if they released MW2 this summer leading into a streamlined MW4 this fall.

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
they would have to be completely deranged not to include multiplayer I mean I remember everyone buying it solely for the mp back then, many never even trying the single player.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I could see them remastering some MW2 maps for this year's game, especially with IW behind the wheel

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
I'm one of those weirdos who likes single-player FPS campaigns and doesn't play online much. I still don't own any COD games and if Infinite Warfare + Modern Warfare 1 Remastered ever gets a decent discount I'll be sure to pick it up, but unfortunately these games never seem to go down greatly in price.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they would have to be completely deranged not to include multiplayer I mean I remember everyone buying it solely for the mp back then, many never even trying the single player.
To use a turn of phrase, they have a product for those people. It's called Modern Warfare 4's multiplayer. Remaking the campaigns for MW2 and also, rumour has it, MW3 is aimed at the sizeable demographic who love singleplayer, story-driven games. The developers never wanted the world's biggest singleplayer military FPS series to become dominated by MP fans the way it has.

One rumour (take it with a massive lump of salt) I saw claimed that MW4 is potentially the last traditional annualized CoD game. If it doesn't succeed, Activision are contemplating transitioning the series to a CoD Online GaaS affair. The rumour also claimed MW4 is a prequel to MW2 and a singleplayer demo will be released in April. So yea, grain of salt.

It's possible they're going to attempt to build hype for MW4's campaign by releasing the remaster/remakes of MW2 and MW3 before MW4 releases. The fact the remake has been rated in March is certainly worth noting.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
if they ever remaster the MP in MW2, it better include the glitches in the original version

that's part of what made MW2 so fun and awesome

like the Javelin glitch and dual 1887s. I used those things all the time until they got patched

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
Known about it for a long while now.

I'm just hoping what I heard isn't the full story and we are actually getting mp down the line.

But hey who knows MW4 could have cool mp I guess

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since signs are pointing to MW4 this year, I'd like to play all three campaigns before it releases so I'd be fine with campaign only.

The price is what worries me.