• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I played a frankly embarrassing amount of this game over the weekend and I'm pretty impressed with it. I'm also kind of shocked that it isn't more pay-to-win. As far as I understand, the only thing different with the weapon variants is the skin and sometimes a weapon perk, all of which seem fairly mediocre and not too game-changing. Unless you're just a cosmetic fiend there's really not a ton you need to buy.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda already over playing this.

Partly because I just don't like the mobile controls even after buying one of those phone grips with triggers, the other part being I seem to get motion sickness after playing for only like an hour where I end up getting a headache and feeling like crap afterwards. I guess it's just because I'm staring at a small ass screen playing such a fast paced game, I dunno.

The only thing I could try is getting some setup to play with an iPad or try gyro controls for aiming but eh, it's not that serious. I'll be playing MW in 2 weeks, anyway.
Have you tried using your phone's blue light filter? I used to get headaches after 30 minutes but after turning that on my eyes and head feel significantly better.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I played a frankly embarrassing amount of this game over the weekend and I'm pretty impressed with it. I'm also kind of shocked that it isn't more pay-to-win. As far as I understand, the only thing different with the weapon variants is the skin and sometimes a weapon perk, all of which seem fairly mediocre and not too game-changing. Unless you're just a cosmetic fiend there's really not a ton you need to buy.
Yep. They seem to be going for maximizer personalities with the perks.

But TBH, they would've been better off just scrapping the perks just so they can say they're not P2W.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. They seem to be going for maximizer personalities with the perks.

But TBH, they would've been better off just scrapping the perks just so they can say they're not P2W.

There's also the weapon XP thing which does make the game technically P2W, but to be fair the amount of XP boosts you get in just a couple matches makes spending a single cent on weapon XP futile. Still, if a weapon hits, you could spend money on XP packs to have it on max level immediately as opposed to having to play an hour or so without all the neat attachments. It's still technically P2W but it's truly an irrelevant factor there, especially considering you can level up by killing bots too.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
There's also the weapon XP thing which does make the game technically P2W, but to be fair the amount of XP boosts you get in just a couple matches makes spending a single cent on weapon XP futile. Still, if a weapon hits, you could spend money on XP packs to have it on max level immediately as opposed to having to play an hour or so without all the neat attachments. It's still technically P2W but it's truly an irrelevant factor there, especially considering you can level up by killing bots too.

I honestly get so many xp boosts it's not even funny. Everyone on my friend list is constantly sending me them and I'm sending more to them as well.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly get so many xp boosts it's not even funny. Everyone on my friend list is constantly sending me them and I'm sending more to them as well.

That too. Daily logins, the pass if you bought that, the game showering you with those packs on its own... I usually log in once a day and play a couple matches, and when I do I have like 4-5 levels of weapon level skips for free. I'm mostly leveling up weapons I'm not even using atm because I have so much shit to spare.

AJUK

May 28, 2019
Am I getting it wrong or can you add weapon Xp despite unlocking all of the attachments? It seems you can but what is the point?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Have you tried using your phone's blue light filter? I used to get headaches after 30 minutes but after turning that on my eyes and head feel significantly better.

No, maybe I'll give that a try if I get in the mood to play again.

Ultimately though I might just wait for controller support in the future, or crossing my fingers for a possible Switch port.

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
These are my first few matches:

74268893_395699131381524_723569493929885696_n.jpg

72253198_2238440932990077_7825813292466569216_n.jpg

I must have been playing bots.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yep, everybody faces bots for their first few matches. Even after you've been playing for a while you will still get a healthy number of bots in MP and BR. Ranked has a lot more humans in it. I think maybe 100% human, but I'm not sure.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Even in Ranked, sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's not.

I went a couple of matches losing, being 9-6, 13-9, like that. Then the next match I went 34-5 being MVP with 4000 points, while the second player had like 800 points lol

Animal

Oct 25, 2017
This game has surprised me. I never get into mobile games and this is sucking me right in.
I think if they add controller support, this game could be huge and possibly more important than Modern Warfare.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So they said: "A classic returns" on 10/14... Do we know when the patch/update will be out?

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm at Tier 88 on the Battle Pass and almost everything I have left seems really attainable. The hardest one is going to be 6000 kills. But with upcoming daily and weekly challenges I will have no problem hitting Tier 100 this season.

Loving this game.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Won my first BR game ever in any game without breaking a sweat. They're all bots right?
Yup. Telltale BR bot behavior:
1. They spawn very close to you, especially behind you.
2. They use weird weapons, even in the endgame (e.g. top 5 and there's still pistol kills).
3. They use their class ability in the middle of a fight.
4. They run away from you instead of engaging.
5. It's a tiny circle, the killfeed is poppin', but you don't hear a single shot.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hit Tier 95 last night. Just sniper kills and 6000 enemies killed left for this season. With dailies I should be able to get to about Tier 120 when all is said and done. That will be a lot of season crates!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Hit Tier 95 last night. Just sniper kills and 6000 enemies killed left for this season. With dailies I should be able to get to about Tier 120 when all is said and done. That will be a lot of season crates!

o.O

Tier 95? How. Did you already complete all of the long term MP challenges?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm level 49 or 50 but I have to yet play this week basically. I'm definitely on course to get level 100 and beyond.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had to throw some COD Points to get Battery, been loving her character since BO3. So far the weapon skins are mostly rather unexciting but the prospect of cool new characters is intriguing enough for me, I can see myself buy a couple of those as they come.

Oh, and the game runs buttersmooth on my Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro. Didn't expect I could max out the settings and still get perfect performance on a sub-400 Euros phone but here we are. Gonna try Fortnite and PUBG on this phone too.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
My computer is really struggling with MWM on Gameloop. Framerate is usually high but I get 2-3 seconds freezes a couple times every game.

Also ads is a bit janky as strafing cause the reticule to stutter instead of moving smoothly.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My computer is really struggling with MWM on Gameloop. Framerate is usually high but I get 2-3 seconds freezes a couple times every game.

Also ads is a bit janky as strafing cause the reticule to stutter instead of moving smoothly.

Tried that myself, game runs pretty bad even on the lowest setting. The framerate per se is good but there's these annoying freezes, along with the fact the game doesn't go full screen properly so it happens that I click outside of the screen. Not running it on the beefiest laptop, sure, but it has more than enough power to run the game decently, yet it runs poorly.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
I guess I'm going to need a fake facebook just for this game. The backup of the game didn't seem to carry the account over.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm going to need a fake facebook just for this game. The backup of the game didn't seem to carry the account over.

Anything goes on Facebook really. I've had the fakest profiles throughout the years, names like Wa Nk. As long as you keep it private and don't add anybody, nobody will bother reporting your profile for being fake.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The way Ranked handles matchmaking is disgusting. I go three matches where I obliterate the enemies like 18-0, 21-2 and 15-1, so then it punishes me by throwing me in lobbies with wallhackers, aimbotters and speedhackers, since I am doing KDAs closer to theirs. So when I am finally in a losing streak I am allowed back in normal matches and do well again, then it's back to the start. I can not get matches where I go 12-9 or 10-6, it's either stomping or getting stomped because the game wants to manipulate your results by throwing you in enormously different lobbies for "balancing".

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The way Ranked handles matchmaking is disgusting. I go three matches where I obliterate the enemies like 18-0, 21-2 and 15-1, so then it punishes me by throwing me in lobbies with wallhackers, aimbotters and speedhackers, since I am doing KDAs closer to theirs. So when I am finally in a losing streak I am allowed back in normal matches and do well again, then it's back to the start. I can not get matches where I go 12-9 or 10-6, it's either stomping or getting stomped because the game wants to manipulate your results by throwing you in enormously different lobbies for "balancing".

What rank are you?

And how hard would it be to go from Veteran 3 to Pro 1 in the less than 10 days we have left?

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Played a game where the two team members on my team with Japanese names were two Japanese kids on my team. They spent the whole match talking in real Japanese. Surprisingly they didn't suck.

This game might be big in Japan? :O

October 18, 2019 Community Update (Halloween seasonal event)
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
New community update from the subreddit:

cym17ytz5dt31.png

We are a couple of weeks into this explosive launch for Call of Duty: Mobile and week by week we are blown away by you, the community, and your support, excitement, and enthusiasm! You've broken records, played hundreds of millions of matches, and created community spaces all over the world.

We love it all and we have plenty of fantastic content on the way for you all, like weapons, characters, skills, events, rewards, and more! Instead of just praising you all though for this entire post, let's go over some upcoming events, talk about feedback, address some bugs, and jump head first into this Call of Duty: Mobile community update!

rgnrh0g16dt31.png

News & Updates

There are plenty of specific events coming up this week, some of which are listed below, but we are 'dying' to share one major event with you…

429qloeg6dt31.png

As you have seen in-game, we have our first seasonal event is starting up just in time for Halloween!

Starting today there will be limited-time content releasing throughout the event period. Check out plenty of new treats to acquire, new skills to master in BR, new limited time modes, and more. The team dug up something early for everyone, so enjoy a Halloween themed version of Black Ops 2' Standoff map before the ghosts and ghouls take over. Find it now in TDM, S&D, or Domination.

9cfbm7ph6dt31.jpg

We have patch notes up in-game giving an overview of the event along with some changes, but we'll have an Activision blog releasing on October 21st that will cover more of those tantalizing and terrifying details about that event! Keep an eye on that general Activision Games Blog area for that post.

10/18 ~ Halloween event begins
10/18 ~ Sniper Only Mode + Sniper Only Challenge
10/21 ~ Sparrow Operator Skill Event

\All Dates UTC*

s183n3sp6dt31.png

That's just a taste of the frightful delights coming throughout this event, so just keep a watchful eye out for more news and information.

Feedback

Last week we addressed a few points of feedback and we've continued to receive excellent feedback across the community. Thank you everyone who takes the time to share that with us!

With this new event coming, please keep that feedback coming and let us know what you think of it and what kind of events you would like to see in the future. We would love the hear all of it, even if you don't like it. It will all go towards crafting more fantastic events in the future. But for now, let's go over a few recently popular topics.

Cheater Reports

This continues to be something frequently discussed in the community and we just want to thank everyone who has sent in videos and reported players in-game. These player reports are something the that team cares a great deal about. We'll keep doing our best to keep cheaters out of your matches and to make sure those who don't intend to play fair are caught.

Limited Time Modes

We've seen plenty of you saying you love FFA and Gun Game and that you would like them to be permanent. It is truly wonderful that you all are taking the time to not only try those modes but that you enjoy them so much that you want them to stick around. All we can say for now is please just keep leaving feedback on them. It matters.

Master Ranks & Progression

The team is really impressed by the most dedicated players that have already hit the highest possible rank. So what's next for you? Don't worry, there is plenty more coming and we aim to continue to find ways to reward your rise to the top. More on that in future updates.

Just a reminder, while we are always looking for feedback in community spaces, you can also report that in-game (hint - look under the ? icon next to the messages icon).

Bug Reports

For any issue please reach out to Activision Support through the in-game options, but if you are unable to reach out in-game then there is always an online option available through social media or through Contact Us.

Reload Animation

We have seen many reports of a potential bug where the reload animation on weapons is not synced up with the actual time it takes to reload. This issue is already well under investigation and we don't need any additional reports but thank you everyone who submitted videos and clear examples of what was occurring.

Facebook Linking

Like we mentioned last week, there are some troubleshooting options if you experience issues linking your Facebook. First, please try clearing your cache on your phone, then log back into the Facebook app, and lastly try logging in again on the COD Mobile login page. You can find a step by step breakdown of how to clear your cache on Activision Support's COD Mobile FAQ.

Purchasing Issues

If you encounter any issues purchasing anything from the in-game store, whether it is COD Points or a specific item, please make sure the transaction was successful, wait a few hours & restart the game in case there is a delay, and if you still don't see the purchase please contact Player Support.

bewhlr177dt31.png

Community Highlights

We are going to continue with our tradition of highlighting someone from the community each update and this time around we want to celebrate someone who clearly will excel in the all new Sniper Only Mode. This player constantly shares their top plays, which many in the community do and there is no harm in that, but they use those posts to share tips, highlight tactics, and spread love for the game through discussions on Twitter.

Thank you Mooи🇯🇵|codモバイル for showing the community just how strong sniper rifles can be in the right hands! Check out their 6 kill sniper only streak here.

On top of just sharing feedback, show us your top plays from the event, support your fellow gamers, and you may just find yourself on the next Community Highlights.

The entire team here is excited to see what you all think of our very first seasonal event for COD Mobile! Check in each day to see which content is releasing and what new gear there is to acquire.

Until next time!

-Call of Duty: Mobile Team

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also the amount of hackers in this game is astonishing. I really hope they'll start working on that ASAP because it's infuriating.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am legitimately starting to wonder what the single match kill record in Frontline might be in this game, because I shouldn't be far from it.

A6oVgOs.jpg

YvwaP6b.jpg

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
What's the current status on ERA clan? Any open spots?

edit - standoff has been fun so far. I still struggle with the controls from time to time (moving the camera instead of shooing occasionally), but I'm winning the vast majority of my matches so that's good at least

Last edited: