• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
How do they work what do they plug into?
They don't plug into anything. They just clip onto the phone. When you press down the button, that silver part moves and comes into contact with the screen, and presses whatever you have assigned on that spot in the in-game controls. So I moved my ADS button to be under the left one, and the fire button under the right one.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Played my first FFA game this morning. Came in first. :)

Pretty sure there were like only 2 other real players

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played my first FFA game this morning. Came in first. :)

Pretty sure there were like only 2 other real players

Congrats! But yeah it sucks that not only the game fills the matches with bots (the game is breaking records with 100 million players in a week, does it need to have this many bots?), it then does its best to fake that it's actually real players all along. The other day I lost a BR match because I totally expected yet another bot to arrive, stay still and shoot, then I got outfired because I didn't even consider that it could be a real player. It was. That's how rare it is there.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
This game got a whole lot more fun after switching from auto fire to ads+fire on button press

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
it'd be funny if all the bots you guys think you're killing or actually single moms/dads who don't have enough time to actually play call of duty or it's their first time and you just fucking ruined their experiences... Like... they're completely tilted.

I hope you guys are proud of yourselves!

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
it'd be funny if all the bots you guys think you're killing or actually single moms/dads who don't have enough time to actually play call of duty or it's their first time and you just fucking ruined their experiences...
If this is the case, then I've been ruining a lot of dads today

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
it'd be funny if all the bots you guys think you're killing or actually single moms/dads who don't have enough time to actually play call of duty or it's their first time and you just fucking ruined their experiences... Like... they're completely tilted.

I hope you guys are proud of yourselves!

Nah. You can tell they're bots due to how they play.

There is: "I'm really bad and no idea what I'm doing" and then theirs: "I'm going to react to being shot at in the same exact way every single time."

Like 3 ways to tell if it's a bot in BR.

1. It will always instantly put the medic box down.
2. It will always run away and hide just around the corner and sit there, but they move into a spot where they're every so slightly exposed.
3. It will purposefully miss a ton even at point blank range

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. You can tell they're bots due to how they play.

There is: "I'm really bad and no idea what I'm doing" and then theirs: "I'm going to react to being shot at in the same exact way every single time."

Like 3 ways to tell if it's a bot in BR.

1. It will always instantly put the medic box down.
2. It will always run away and hide just around the corner and sit there, but they move into a spot where they're every so slightly exposed.
3. It will purposefully miss a ton even at point blank range

Exactly, the bots are very recognizeable. In MP, they always stick to you in objective-based games. When they run, they do so in a straight lines, very evidently following path points they adhere too as opposed to having a natural and organic running. They always react to shots immediately, either by shooting back immediately with horrible aim or by running away in a straight line, then turning around and coming back placing their item (if they have one) and shooting while standing still. Their behaviour is very obviously artificial, and it's always the same no matter what. When you're running around like a madman and shoot everyone you see it's not always easy to realize if the guy you killed in half a second was real or not, but in any fight that requires a bit more consideration you can definitely see who's a bot and who isn't in virtue of the movements alone. If the guy strafes back and forth, if he has a somewhat irregular running, it he jumps around... that's not a bot, 100% confirmed.

Dec 23, 2017
They don't plug into anything. They just clip onto the phone. When you press down the button, that silver part moves and comes into contact with the screen, and presses whatever you have assigned on that spot in the in-game controls. So I moved my ADS button to be under the left one, and the fire button under the right one.
So it works pretty well? Only way I would be able to play this game on a phone. Standard controls are something I just can't move back from.

Jul 26, 2018
Loving the game so much especially using it on my S10+.

But dam.. as others have said, I feel like every online match I've played on so far is either filled with bots, or terrible players.. like... TERRIBLE! And this game was downloaded 100 million times? Uhhh....

I can tell in close and fast situations, many players are having trouble looking for me or others by trying to turn fast, etc.. probably many players not used to playing mobile or their auto shooting is not working (I shoot manually).

Also, I'm ALWAYS 1st place MVP or top 3.. like every single match... again not sure if it's bad players who've never played mobile games or bots. It's to the point where I feel like I can be a pro in this game heh.

Hopefully they add zombies in the future. Missed playing ww2 zombies back on ipod touch.

Ps... does anybody know if it's possible to shoot without aiming down sights? If so, how? I feel like I can perform alot better by not aiming on my sights like all the dam time. And I swear I've seen killcams where the enemies shooting me without aiming downsights. Unless that's only on killcam?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I will say if you don't want bots in MP, get to Silver in ranked. It's basically only real players in there from what I can tell.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I will say if you don't want bots in MP, get to Silver in ranked. It's basically only real players in there from what I can tell.
Yea I was wondering what rank everyone was why they are fighting so many bots holy shit the amount of sweaties in those lobbies are insane.

You can tell they are using mouse and keyboard because of types of shots they are landing. They are going absolutely APESHIT. I still managed to win one and lose one.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I'm loving this game. I don't feel the need to get the game pass.

I read that the UI can be customized. I don't see that option anywhere.

burnsy

Banned
May 31, 2018
So its bots. I was wondering why I'm actually good at this game for a change. Killing 20+ per match. Coming 1st in 2 of my first battle Royale ever. Not sure why I should continue

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving this game. I don't feel the need to get the game pass.

I read that the UI can be customized. I don't see that option anywhere.

Tap the white gear at the top of the screen in the main menu to access the settings menu. The first tab should be "controls". Swith to advanced mode (I recommend 1 tap ads+shoot) and click the yellow "custom layout" button to adjust the ui till your heart's content. Everything can be moved, scaled in size, made transparent, etc.

Check post #198 for a good starting point ui layout

October 11, 2019 Community Update (controller support, login options, and more)
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
New Community Update posted on the game's subreddit:

m2volw29cyr31.png

Over the short time since the official launch, the outpouring of support from the Call of Duty Mobile community has been incredible! Whether you are sharing your top plays with friends, reporting bugs, discussing feedback, or organizing some of the first community run tournaments, we are extremely moved, humbled and greatly appreciate this massive international community!

Everyone here on the team is committed to making Call of Duty: Mobile an all-time great in this historic franchise that has entertained hundreds of millions of players around the world. Like many of you have noted with kind words, praise, and feedback, this is an authentic Call of Duty experience. Stand alongside us as we go all in on making this the best experience possible!

In this first community update, we'd like to treat you all as well are you've been treating us by sharing news about upcoming updates, acknowledging feedback, and teasing some juicy content in the pipeline.

gchycggacyr31.png

News & Updates

As we announced last Friday this launch has been a massive success thanks to you all and this is just beginning. Here's what is going on this week:

10/11 ~ Free For All Mode (Available for a limited period of time)
10/12 - 10/13 ~ Double Soldier XP
10/14 ~ A classic returns....

All of this comes alongside new challenges and events, so just keep an eye out for those in-game notifications to see exactly when those start, how long they run, and to track how you are doing.

Feedback

We are always looking for feedback and thank you to everyone who has been utilizing the feedback form found in-game (hint - look under the ? icon next to the messages icon) and while we can't always answer every single little piece of feedback we'd like to address a few frequently discussed topics.

Controller Support

We hear you loud and clear that you want to know about controller support. We are currently testing controller support and looking at the possibility of offering this feature sometime in the future, but we'd have to make sure it is properly implemented and balanced. Just hang tight.

Login Options

Many of you have asked for options other than Line, Facebook, and Guest as a way to login. Well, good news! We are looking into other options for logging into the game.

Performance

COD Mobile is an experience that will be continuously updated and improved, and performance is something that this team is dedicated to improving across the board for all supported devices.

Cheater Reports

Please continue to utilize the in-game reporting tool to report other players who may be cheating or exploiting the game, found in top right corner (a red exclamation mark) in the After Action report. However, we are working on additional ways for players to report cheaters, so just hang tight for additional updates.

Bug Reports

For any issue please reach out to Activision Support through the in-game options, but if you are unable to reach out in-game then there is always an online option available through social media or through Contact Us.

Facebook Login

Some players have reported issues logging into the game through Facebook. If you experience that issue then please try clearing your cache on your phone, then log back into the Facebook app, and lastly try logging in again on the COD Mobile login page. You can find a step by step breakdown of how to clear your cache on Activision Support's COD Mobile FAQ.

Voice Chat

Any issues related to voice chat are currently under investigation, so please continue to report those to our Activision Support teams as they continue to investigate. However, if you are seeing voice chat intermittently then please just try closing all other apps and restart.

Installation

A common issue with You can check those requirements on any individual app store, but Activision Support's COD Mobile FAQ has some guidelines for what types of devices are currently supported and other troubleshooting steps that you may try.

Friends List

For any players reporting issues with adding friends please make make sure that your friend is playing the same version of the game, Call of Duty: Mobile - Garena is a different version of the game in a region not supported by Activision. You will not be able to add friends from Garena.

Troubleshooting:
  • Select Apps and Websites
  • Navigate to Active Apps and Websites
  • Select COD Mobile and make sure the Friends List option is enabled
  • Navigate to Visibility of the App
  • Change the filter to Friends
  • Save the settings

qy7gg00dcyr31.png

Community Highlights

We would like to highlight someone from this community who turned their sympathetic story about just barely missing out a Nuke to a discussion with over 90 comments. Shout out to u/crazy_andiee!

We'll be sending them on over an in-game reward and for everyone else if you have any great plays, unique experiences, or fantastic topics then just keep spreading them throughout the community. We'll be keeping an eye out for another player to highlight for the next Community Update!

Since launch we've been creating and introducing many different in-game events for you all to participate in, like Lighting Up The World or The Battle Royal Challenge. Please tell us what you have loved about events, what you would like to see, and any feedback you would like to share about them. We would love to hear it.

To all corners of the community, whether you are in Reddit, Discord, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or anywhere thank you all for the support. This is just the beginning!

-Call of Duty: Mobile Team
Gotta say... I love how they raise balancing as an issue for controller support, despite Tencent officially allowing the use of KB+M lmfao.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
New Community Update posted on the game's subreddit:

Gotta say... I love how they raise balancing as an issue for controller support, despite Tencent officially allowing the use of KB+M lmfao.

Huh. I had no idea they'd actually post community updates in the Subreddit. Kind of assumed we might be at the mercy of translations and such.

Good to hear about controller support is making a return sometime in the future.

Also hmmm...

10/14... A classic?

What could that be? O.O

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. I had no idea they'd actually post community updates in the Subreddit. Kind of assumed we might be at the mercy of translations and such.

Good to hear about controller support is making a return sometime in the future.

Also hmmm...

10/14... A classic?

What could that be? O.O
My guess is a new map. Maybe Rust? I know people are wanting that one to return.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I just found out that Tencent offers an official launcher / emulator for their games on PC, complete with key mapping and controller support. Wow. I know it's just an Android emulator and that people have been using those to play mobile games for a long time, but I've also heard of people getting banned for using them.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I just found out that Tencent offers an official launcher / emulator for their games on PC, complete with key mapping and controller support. Wow. I know it's just an Android emulator and that people have been using those to play mobile games for a long time, but I've also heard of people getting banned for using them.
Yeah, it kind of sucks. The game needs input-based matchmaking like the new Modern Warfare.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get a Xiamomi Mi 9T Pro in a couple days. Curious to see how the game runs on it and how the battery lives while playing it. My current phone is ass for this game, loses like 35% in a single Battle Royale match and becomes really hot :\

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of bullshit being forced to go up against people clearly using m+kb in some matches

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So I dabbled into this game a bit. I have played other BR modes in other games and I have never won a solo match. My first match in COD mobile and I win with 6 kills to boot.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
So am I really gonna lose my progress because I refuse to make a Facebook account.
Normally Android games just sync to my Gmail.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm kinda already over playing this.

Partly because I just don't like the mobile controls even after buying one of those phone grips with triggers, the other part being I seem to get motion sickness after playing for only like an hour where I end up getting a headache and feeling like crap afterwards. I guess it's just because I'm staring at a small ass screen playing such a fast paced game, I dunno.

The only thing I could try is getting some setup to play with an iPad or try gyro controls for aiming but eh, it's not that serious. I'll be playing MW in 2 weeks, anyway.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
There was an alert that went out. Looks like Gun Game is in but I didn't see it in the game currently

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
This game can be surprisingly fun lol. Excellent way for me to blow off steam during a work break and the like. Only thing that's slightly annoying is how easy it is. Kind of hope it gave us more of a challenged. Also, controller support is desperately needed too.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Since I've been playing in "Pro" it takes forever to find games and then when it does it often pairs me against groups of Master and Legendary players, pretty weird.

How many Legendary tier people are using ROMs or some sort of mod? I feel like some (not all) people in master are very nimble via slide jump shooting in ways that seems nearly impossible on a typical phone screen.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So, how do I stop playing against bots? I pick mode that isn't vs AI, but those genric names and brain dead behavior of opposing team are not fooling me. Heck, I won my first BR match adn game immediately asked me to rate it. I'm not dumb, game. Only people you are fooling are 12 year olds.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Yeah BR so far has been infested with bots. I think I've won 6 games now, all bots. At least Ranked MP has humans.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I've been playing in "Pro" it takes forever to find games and then when it does it often pairs me against groups of Master and Legendary players, pretty weird.

How many Legendary tier people are using ROMs or some sort of mod? I feel like some (not all) people in master are very nimble via slide jump shooting in ways that seems nearly impossible on a typical phone screen.

I assume a lot since there's even an official emulator. That's not even counting the huge number of hackers I encountered, with the killcam showing their aim snapped immediately at me while I was still running behind a wall, only to shoot me the exact frame I popped up. Saw that kind of shit at least a dozen times already.