• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What's hysterical to me is seeing a few COD YouTubers post videos titled "MY FIRST COD MOBILE BATTLE ROYALE!". When they inevitably win their first match they freak out - apparently completely unaware they were playing against bots XD

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
What's hysterical to me is seeing a few COD YouTubers post videos titled "MY FIRST COD MOBILE BATTLE ROYALE!". When they inevitably win their first match they freak out - apparently completely unaware they were playing against bots XD

As they say on the street... 'The first one's free'

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing that's unfair in this game is people with KB+M being able to play with touch screen players. If only there was some way to deal with it.

Dec 20, 2018
Only thing that's unfair in this game is people with KB+M being able to play with touch screen players. If only there was some way to deal with it.
Hopefully they separate emulator players from the mobile population like other mobile shooters do. Ranked is getting infested with these players but I put my crouch on the left and just started dropshotting everything.

Also I definitely agree with JDSpades somewhat on the netcode. I can put a whole clip into a person with confirmed hit markers then they turn around insta melt me. Similar experiences happen on the main games on console/PC(especially the mw beta), but considering Tencent is the main dev here and not IW/Treyarch it's kinda surprising.

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I feel like this game is going to make my Pixel 3A melt into lava, phone becomes painful to touch

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

According to a tweet I saw from Activision support KBM users only match with other KBM users unless you're in a party with both touch and KBM users, then anything is game. Who knows.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this game is going to make my Pixel 3A melt into lava, phone becomes painful to touch
Been playing for at least a couple hours every day on my Pixel 2 and my phone is still in one piece. You'll be alright.

It does get a touch hot though for sure

It all depends on your ambient temps in your area. I assume Azel must live in a warmer climate than you do?

My S9 absolutely slays this game tho. But I am not pushing it too hard (playing it on medium).

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digging the game so far, although touch screen is definitely not the best way to play an FPS. Sucks there's no controller support officially because there's definitely people using mouse or controller, it's noticeable enough even on the killcams how quick and precise they snap as opposed to us touch screen peasants. Too bad because I own actual controllers I could use.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This game is quite fun. There's some wonkiness with touch controls but I think they overall did a pretty good job with it.

I do hope that it gets official gamepad support and locks gamepad users together on certain servers, though. That would elevate this game pretty substantially in my eyes, but as is it's not all that bad.

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
Game is amazing the controls are a hit and miss sometimes it screws me over anyways looking forward to adding people my ID is H0xton

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Maybe I'm imaging this but the few times I've disconnected it's let me keep the upgrades I would have otherwise gotten. I appreciate that.

Only wish I had the option to disable games with bots when searching for a map. It's substantially more difficult against real players but when you catch them off guard and kill multiple of them in a row it's an incredibly powerful feeling.

Does anyone thinks the pistol is overpowering?

Because you can't tap fire and aim the low rate of fire and small recoil makes it easier to move left and right while keeping the crosshair on the other player.

That's only up close though. At medium to long distance it's best to stick to ranged weapons. But certainly low recoil is the thing you wanna be looking for in weapons most of all.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
According to a tweet I saw from Activision support KBM users only match with other KBM users unless you're in a party with both touch and KBM users, then anything is game. Who knows.
For the new MW that'd be the case, not for this. Android emulators including the official one from Tencent just translate keyboard presses to touching points on the screen, clients are indistinguishable from each other.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh.... Another MVP. Tired of losing and still carrying 90% of kills for my whole team.

Sigh! Yawn!

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
How's the Battle Pass? I'm tempted to pick it up since I'm playing this pretty frequently

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How's the Battle Pass? I'm tempted to pick it up since I'm playing this pretty frequently

Solid, gives tons of stuff, enough credits to buy the next one I think and it's really easy to level up. I only played a dozen matches or so so far between vs AI, multiplayer and BR and I am already level 20 out of 100.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up the Battle Pass. I'm not someone that usually does this but since its a solid F2P title and has a lot of cool CoD throwbacks, I bit the bullet.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Not sure how I feel about people being able to play with KB+M, but I'll add it to the list of platforms in the OP since it is an official emulator from Tencent. Thanks for the link.

It's gonna be what kills the game if anything does honestly. Personal opinion but if people wanna play KB+M or Controlled they should do it on proper COD titles, not use it on the mobile game for an unfair advantage. It's no worse than using an aimbot.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be what kills the game if anything does honestly. Personal opinion but if people wanna play KB+M or Controlled they should do it on proper COD titles, not use it on the mobile game for an unfair advantage. It's no worse than using an aimbot.

Yes if it's an unsupported method and you're doing tricks to do it. No if it's officially supported like here. But the game should indeed separate the players.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is this cross-play between iOS and Android? If I have to play with KB&M players on Android, I'll probably stop playing right now.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
They just need to filter out KB+M users away from mobile players. It's been done for PUBG Mobile, no idea why its not here.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
My package arrived from Amazon today. These things feel pretty nice and clicky, which is what I was hoping for. Being able to take the aiming and shooting buttons off of my thumbs helps a lot. Can't say I regret the six bucks.

Here's the link for them if anyone is interested.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Encountered my first wallhacker/aimbotter today. On the final killcam it was showing that his aim was snapping all over the inside of one of the houses on Nuketown, I thought he was having a seizure or something as he was just aiming into a wall and shooting at high speed. Then indeed an enemy popped out from behind that wall exactly when his aim reached the door. Good to know there's hacking on week 2 :\

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like double weapon XP is active this weekend.

Oct 25, 2017
New York
My package arrived from Amazon today. These things feel pretty nice and clicky, which is what I was hoping for. Being able to take the aiming and shooting buttons off of my thumbs helps a lot. Can't say I regret the six bucks.

I came in here to say the same exact thing, about the same exact product. Playing the game this way allows for much better weight distribution imo. Still have the grip showing up on Sunday, but these are pretty nice.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being so sweaty you feel the need to use KB+M to dominate mobile players, smh

Also, playing this game on an iPad Pro is glorious.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being so sweaty you feel the need to use KB+M to dominate mobile players, smh

Also, playing this game on an iPad Pro is glorious.
I just want to use a controller since it feels better and my fingers are too big for my phone. It's hard to hit buttons when you have a small phone.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

Got any video footage?

Though i imagine, just like with a controller or keyboard, anyone with this thing will just dominate since you don't have to stutter move like with a traditional touchscreen.

My friend said he was playing this on PC and dominating people on mobile. Seems fair.
It really isn't. Yesterday, I literally stood in place, went up against five people, and just picked them off one by one as they tried to adjust to dodging and trying to shoot me.

And I suck at FPS games.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Is it all multiplayer only? Any solo modes? Bots, etc?
There's an option for private matches, but I haven't tried it yet. Not sure if it lets you play only with bots or not. But otherwise, yeah, multiplayer-focused modes only for now. They're adding Zombies later on though.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I also bought one of those "controllers" for my phone.

It was $9.99 but went up to $13.99. It has a fan and battery build into the device but it doesn't work for me, lol. Not surprised though for how cheap the product is but that would have been a nice feature.

Using something like this to play is a definite game changer. Feels much more comfortable to aim/shoot with those triggers. I would highly recommend one of these. Still getting adjusted and I may still browse to see if there are any differences with other products.

TangFei

Banned
Aug 18, 2019
It's sad it took Acitvision this long to green light a COD mobile game, but I'm glad they did because I'm having a blast with this! I play a lot of mobile games so I do pretty well with the touch controls, but I wonder how much better I'd do with a controller.