• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
Looks interesting, at least they didn't get on a big stage and reveal this as a big surprise and then go: Don't you have phones!

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Everything is going to mobile...i bet they will port this on Switch too at some point with everything unlocked for 50$. Anyway i'm 100% gonna try it on iPhone X and now i'm seriously thinking of getting a new iPad with all this games coming to mobile, bigger screen and 120hz are good but no Oled...

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I was sceptical of mobile gaming for these types of games , but after spending countless hours in PUBG mobile I can't wait for this , pre registered.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Honestly kind of feels a little late to the mobile FPS party. It doesn't seem like it's launching with blackout (that and zombies were under "more to come" in the trailer) when mobile battle royale is the overwhelming trend now, and lion's share of that is now taken up by fortnite, pubg, knives out, and rules of survival. I cannot really see the traditional COD PVP taking time/players away from those.

Not sure if serious.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if serious.

100%.

The mobile market is extremely hard to do well in, even for legacy franchises.

Of course, if it's blackout and everything else on day one, my tune is going to change.

Edit: I thought that maybe I should clarify that I am talking about the game being in the same league as the big boys that I had mentioned. All 4 are top earning apps with massive player counts in the mobile shooter genre, and non-incidentally are all from the same battle royale genre. I'm sure COD mobile will do decently off the brand and nostalgia alone (plus gameplay if it's solid) but I'll wait and see if it can reach those same heights, which I'm sure is what Activision is hoping for both this and Diablo mobile.

Last edited:

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Don't know if I could play an FPS with touch screen controls.

The peripherals work surprisingly well for that.

9SOji1D.jpg

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
If Chinese version is any indication then this is actually a decent CoD game on mobile.. the graphics are very good and in-game microtransactions are fair (by mobile games' standard)...most maps and characters are true to the original so they'll bring back a lot of nostalgia to people who grew up with generations of CoD games

It's rare for a Tecent's game to be universally praised by the Chinese players and this is one of them.

Last edited:

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Chinese version is any indication then this is actually a decent CoD game on mobile.. the graphics are very good and in-game microtransactions are fair (by mobile games' standard)...most maps and characters are true to the original so they'll bring back a lot of nostalgia to people who grew up with generations of CoD games

It's rare for a Tecent's game to be universally praised by the Chinese players and this is one of them.

Tencent is pretty legit IMO. Arena of Valor is, easily, one of the best mobile games out there and one of the best mobas period. I'll definitely try this out.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some proper gameplay now (well aside from the 120 ping, apparently):

Looks great tbh. Would be great to see this come over to a certain console as well.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This could be quite good actually for quick multiplayer sessions when I'm on the Go, any decent iPhone X controllers compatible?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
"Call of Duty: Mobile is a new free-to-play game that brings together maps, modes, weapons, and characters from across the Call of Dutyfranchise, including Black Ops and the Modern Warfare series. "

This plus big updates is what Mainline CoD should have become a long time ago.

Dec 26, 2017
Firelink Shrine
"Call of Duty: Mobile is a new free-to-play game that brings together maps, modes, weapons, and characters from across the Call of Dutyfranchise, including Black Ops and the Modern Warfare series. "

This plus big updates is what Mainline CoD should have become a long time ago.
why? every mainline entry is consistently at the top of sales charts. the market has in no way necessitated such a drastic shift for the franchise.

Dec 26, 2017
Firelink Shrine
I'm talking for my personal tastes. I haven't bought a COD since MW2 a big part of that is not liking annualized franchises.
ah, fair enough. quick question - what's your gripe with CoD being an annualized franchise? it isn't annualized in the same way something like Fifa or Madden are. it's not like there is 1 CoD dev working on each entry, each respective studio is given 3 years to develop their game. how is that any different than most other franchises?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
ah, fair enough. quick question - what's your gripe with CoD being an annualized franchise? it isn't annualized in the same way something like Fifa or Madden are. it's not like there is 1 CoD dev working on each entry, each respective studio is given 3 years to develop their game. how is that any different than most other franchises?
I'd imagine each new entry somewhat diminishes the population of the older one and probably becomes less of a focus for the publisher. It's also nice not having to buy a new full priced game every year to play the new hotness. CSGO, Overwatch, TF2 have just long sold me on this model.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's actually really impressive. I don't really care about call of duty, but I'm fascinated by how far mobile graphics have come.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Heads up guys, game is currently in Early Access for users in India. You need to play with a VPN if you preloaded the game. Otherwise, you're better off waiting.