• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
RIP Modern Combat

Seriously though, those graphics are surprisingly crisp. It's free to play, so it can't hurt to give it a shot. Tencent ported Arena of Valor to Switch, so maybe there's a chance we'll be able to play it on Switch with traditional controls eventually, but that's probably up to Activision.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Gameplay from the alpha last year.

Jesus this UI is terrible.

KoOBoTj.jpg

It's approaching this territory

Zzy90os.jpg

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
User Warned: Port Begging
Looks amazing. Bring this on the switch please!!!

Maybe Nintendo needs a switch pro for higher CPU (and GPU)to maintain 60fps can the latest iPhones and Androids.

Cod4 remastered on switch shouldn't be an issue too tbqh.

Pipyakas

Jul 20, 2018
This was available as a closed beta test a while back, and it was a great time. Ran butterly smooth at max settings on a sd820 phone, and there werent any microtransactions to speak of

The gunplay was good but knifing people was extremely easy - the game has autofire when people are in range and aimed at. You even have the best mobility with a knife, and aiming on a touchscreen is horrible, so throw away you guns and just charge at people ended up being the best tactic available during the beta. Excited for the global release

A few notes about the game back in beta:
  • You can enable advanced controls including manual firing, ADS, jump and sprinting
  • There were 4 game modes: Free4All, Search & Destroy, TDM and Frontline
  • Not all maps are available for all modes, but there're: Nuketown, Killhouse, Hijacked, Crossfire, Standoff, Crash
  • You start off playing against bots just like in PUBGM

Apr 8, 2018
Pre-registered, I think? Does the button towards the bottom of the page disappear whenever you successfully pre-register?

Last edited:

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks horrible goddamn, I can't even imagine enjoying this type of thing.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Definitely gonna try it out. Need another mobile game to pass the time. It looks pretty freaking good tbh

South Park: Phone Destroyer isn't doing it for me anymore lol

Darknight34

Banned
Apr 29, 2018
This looks great for kids...but I'm sorry. It looks great for a phone, but if it's on my phone I don't want serious drawbacks in gameplay...at least.

drag00n18

Banned
Dec 7, 2018
The first thing that came to mind was whether there would be controller support. I can't stand touch controls. Games like Grim Valor that have controller support, advertise it and ultimately have it day one are mobile games I'll take on.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Portbegging is okay when it's a mobile game, apparently.

I think it's generally considered more okay with the Switch in particular because the reason for the begging is often portability. It's not like begging for a straight home console game to be ported to another straight home console.

Here, it's physical controls.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's generally considered more okay with the Switch in particular because the reason for the begging is often portability. It's not like begging for a straight home console game to be ported to another straight home console.

Here, it's physical controls.
Mobile is a legitimate gaming platform and the constant port begging allowed in these threads contributes to the narrative that the platform as not worthy of having its own unique games.

Not to mention it creates this toxic culture of games on mobile (a gaming platform available to hundreds of millions of people and demographics that 'core' gaming has regularly excluded) being not "real" games until they are put on platforms with "real" gamers.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly kind of feels a little late to the mobile FPS party. It doesn't seem like it's launching with blackout (that and zombies were under "more to come" in the trailer) when mobile battle royale is the overwhelming trend now, and lion's share of that is now taken up by fortnite, pubg, knives out, and rules of survival. I cannot really see the traditional COD PVP taking time/players away from those.

Last edited:

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mobile is a legitimate gaming platform and the constant port begging allowed in these threads contributes to the narrative that the platform as not worthy of having its own unique games.

Not to mention it creates this toxic culture of games on mobile (a gaming platform available to hundreds of millions of people and demographics that 'core' gaming has regularly excluded) being not "real" games until they are put on platforms with "real" gamers.

Mobile is a legitimate gaming platform but simplified and/or awkward controls are also legitimate issues. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to see a mobile FPS ported to a mobile platform that has physical controls. The Switch is the only modern gaming device without a Call of Duty game and this one more so than any other Call of Duty seems like a no-brainer. It's made for devices using mobile architecture, with comparable specs and limited memory space, requiring smaller file sizes. If there's one Call of Duty to port to the Switch, this one is it.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
It's going to come to switch and be 30fps. That's my prediction.
Why would it be 30fps on Switch when every single multiplayer COD on every single home console platform has been 60fps?

Not to mention it's already 60fps on mid-tier iOS and Android phones...

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
If I can't muster the will to play the console games I won't be bothering with this. I guess when u think about it mobile isn't going anywhere so establishing a franchise on it is important right now