• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
CoD_Heroes_Main-01_1920x830.jpg

Call of Duty: Mobile is a new free-to-play game that brings together maps, modes, weapons, and characters from across the Call of Duty franchise, including Black Ops and the Modern Warfare series. The game features multiple game modes pitting players in head-to-head, competitive action as they test their skills against players all around the world.

In Call of Duty: Mobile, players will experience the fluid, first-person combat of Call of Duty, fighting head-to-head in fan-favorite modes such as Team Deathmatch, Search and Destroy and Free-For-All, in iconic maps from the series such as Nuketown, Crash, Hijacked and more. Along the way, players will earn and unlock classic Call of Duty characters, weapons, scorestreaks, and other gear to equip and customize their loadouts as they battle to be among the best in the world.

Developed in conjunction with Tencent, the game features the hallmarks of exceptional environments, incredible action, and intense competitive firefights no matter where you are in the world. Tencent's award-winning Timi studio has a proven track record with the success of Honor of Kings and CrossFire, and their dedicated team of die-hard Call of Duty fans are working to create an epic, visceral, and feature-packed mobile action experience with this release.

Call of Duty: Mobile uses the Unity real-time 3D development platform. The Unity real-time 3D development platform is being put through its paces during every aspect of development: Expect stunning visuals and topography, as well as customizable player loadouts using a wide variety of different characters, which adds to the realism thanks to the developer's talented team of artists. Weapons feature console-like fidelity and polished gunplay, while vehicle physics deliver an added degree of realism on mobile. The result is blistering combat, seamless controls, and eye-popping visuals, all with Call of Duty's fluid gameplay coming to Android and iOS mobile devices.

COD-M_002.jpg

COD-M_003.jpg

COD-M_004.jpg

COD-M_005.jpg

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned - Port Begging
I would love this on the Switch.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
is this the one made by king or the one outsourced?

edit: nvm, it says at the end it's made by tencent. Guess the King one is never coming out

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i sorta regret buying black ops 4 so I'm torn on this - i have zero interest in it, if it does well... will activision pivot towards mobile? I don't care. If it doesn't do well... they have pretty much screwed up the regular call of duty with their microtransaction driven focus, so would anything really change?

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
That have to at least put this on switch. Looks very good to be honest. And that dev has switch experience

doublejon

Jan 10, 2018
User Warned: Port Begging
Put this on switch wtf. It's cool that it's like a "best of" call of duty with maps from MW and BO instead of just one subfranchise.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Thanks for the title change! This game honestly looks really good, especially for a mobile one, and if it really ends up getting Blackout then it'll be something special.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i sorta regret buying black ops 4 so I'm torn on this - i have zero interest in it, if it does well... will activision pivot towards mobile? I don't care. If it doesn't do well... they have pretty much screwed up the regular call of duty with their microtransaction driven focus, so would anything really change?
Uh why would this affect COD mainline? They have dedicated studios for those.

It's call of duty on phones, it's gonna have micro transactions, it's probably gonna be huge and it's long over due.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Shit, another way of procrastination? This is a love-hate thing for me already

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Is that Cerberus dog at the end something from a zombie mode?

Never really tried out that mode in any COD (only played Modern Warfare 1+2).

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Freaking Tencent. They will take over the world one day.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Damn, looks pretty crisp for a mobile game. Give it a little graphical bump and toss it on Switch and I'd play the shit out of this.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It really feels like mobile graphics have improved at a much faster pace the last 2 years than they had been before 2017 ish, this looks quite good.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's CoD alright.

This game is what they should have made years ago. Just add all the fan favourite maps and weapons then make purchasable cosmetics. A console version would be succesfull for the people who still like CoD.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
The game is running on Unity? From a company that ported Arena of Valor to Switch? Yeah....that game (or a variation) is coming to Switch.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Interestingly the description says

"Multiplayer is just the start. Over the coming months, stay tuned for updates on additional game modes including a unique Call of Duty® Battle Royale experience."

So I'm wondering if it's gonna be different from Blackout? Maybe has locations from the modern warfare series also