• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

Activision Blizzard announced today Call of Duty: Mobile has surpassed 35 million downloads less than a week after its launch.

The mobile version of Activision Blizzard's hit shooter franchise launched on October 1 for Android and iOS. According to Activision Blizzard, it achieved this milestone faster than any other first or third-person shooter on Android or iOS. On Wednesday, mobile industry analyst Sensor Tower reported that Call of Duty: Mobile was at 20 million installs.

The game reached No. 1 app ranking based on downloads in over 100 countries. The shooter is available in all Google Play and Apple App Store regions except for Mainland China, Vietnam, and China.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Unsurprising, mobile UA networks are flooded with COD Mobile ads right now.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, don't ignore the game guys. It's actually great and weirdly plays incredibly well.

Dec 23, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Port Begging; History of Similar Behavior
Wow Activision just imagine.....😢 the game on a mobile platform with standard controls.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty much cod on your cell phone. Simplified the controls so it auto shoots when your crosshair is on the opponent. 60fps and great graphics. A lot of content for free, I haven't even played the battle royale yet.

That's only on the basic control scheme. Advance it more like regular CoD

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Post doesn't really come off as port begging as well either.

Anyways on topic, i wish it had zombies mode, only real reason I play CoD games in the first place.
Poster made a similar allusion to Switch in the other CoD mobile thread and has mentioned wanting CoD on Switch several times(that I have seen).

Doesnt take much to put 2 and 2 together.

So, yeah, its Switch port begging without expressly saying its Switch port begging to try and circumvent port begging modding, just didnt work this time.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this game makes absolutely stupid sense to eventually be on the Switch

since Activision won't dedicate resources to porting the current gen versions of COD to switch, it's only inevitable they bring this to Switch (F2P keeping the micro transactions of course)

would be the killer app for Switch multiplayer games

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's surprisingly great.

However the battle royale mode is pointless as it's just full of bots.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this so much that I'm seriously considering getting the battle pass. Would love an offline spec ops mode sometime down the line

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I enjoy it. Question, does match making separate who uses simple from advanced? Not like it's a huge difference but still curious.

And what control is preferred?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
The guy was port begging for switch. A look at his post history in the COD mobile thread would show you that.

Bannings a bit much but certainly he should have gotten a warning for being as obnoxious about it as he has been.

It's surprisingly great.

However the battle royale mode is pointless as it's just full of bots.

All the modes except Ranked have at least a couple of bots. You'll feel the difference.

Me in non-ranked:
John_3bc541_5448020.gif

Me in Ranked:
giphy.gif

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Bannings a bit much but certainly he should have gotten a warning for being as obnoxious about it as he has been.

All the modes except Ranked have at least a couple of bots. You'll feel the difference.

Me in non-ranked:
John_3bc541_5448020.gif

Me in Ranked:
giphy.gif
Encountered 1 guy who was rapidly jumping around using shotguns in ranked. Near impossible to aim at him, bet he's using KB+Mouse for sure, no way it can be done using the on screen controls.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Poster made a similar allusion to Switch in the other CoD mobile thread and has mentioned wanting CoD on Switch several times(that I have seen).

Doesnt take much to put 2 and 2 together.

So, yeah, its Switch port begging without expressly saying its Switch port begging to try and circumvent port begging modding, just didnt work this time.
"port begging" is one of the dumbest mods I've seen and should be take out.

Why is it such an issue?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Encountered 1 guy who was rapidly jumping around using shotguns in ranked. Near impossible to aim at him, bet he's using KB+Mouse for sure, no way it can be done using the on screen controls.

Cus A-hole YouTubers and streamers like Faze have been posting videos of themselves "dominating" bots on YouTube and encouraging people to play with KB+M. The official emulates seperate players into different servers but ofcourse unofficial emulators are different.

The majority of players I've encounteresd seem to be using phone for now.

are people who have easy and difficult controls in one match or are they separated?

No but you can change control settings in game. Certain weapons are better with certain schemes anyway (shotguns and SMGs are better with normal).

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
"port begging" is one of the dumbest mods I've seen and should be take out.

Why is it such an issue?
Because third-party exclusives have proven to be so toxic. Port-begging as a sole discussion point has derailed threads before and actively gets in the way of meaningful discussion, and as a result of this becoming so prevalent, we've had to have rules in place about it.

Similar to drive-by low-effort posting.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I've actually had more fun with CoD Mobile than Mario Kart Tour, which isn't a sentence I thought I'd ever be typing.

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The bigger the number of whales, the better for me. Bring me free content people.

LoneWolfHunter

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Aug 27, 2019
How many kept playing? I'm sure it was a lot still but it would be interesting to know. Personally I played 30mins then uninstalled.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
To be expected, but their F2P model is awful.

They match you against bots for first couple of hours. I wonder why. They wouldn't do that so you would feel good about your skills and bought a premium pass (or whatever its called), right?

Right?

Not to mention some premium "skins" giving you an advantage over base weapon model.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tried two battle royale matches and won both. Second match I was a solo squad and got 8 kills. Fuck this is fun.

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The MP is great fun but the sheer amount of bots in BR and how laggy it is in that mode is kinda just making me want to not play BR apart from dailies.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Very impressed with the game tbh
The game runs great on a Pixel 1 at 60fps

Last edited: