• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I've been playing big open world games lately (Fallout New Vegas, Watchdogs Legion) and I'm in the mood for a change of pace.

I see Infinite Warfare is on sale in the Xbox store ($19.79). I also see that it was upgraded for the One X so it should look and perform great on a Series X.

I don't care about multiplayer at all. Is this game worth it for just the single player campaign?

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I remember it having a great campaign. Worth it if you like the spectacle of COD campaigns.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The campaign is actually one of the best in the series.

$20 worth? Depends on your mileage. You can beat it pretty quickly if you don't do the side missions.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It's a great game. Definitely one of the best in the series imo.

Zombies is pretty great in it too, surprisingly.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I liked it but it's not one of my favs. For $15-20 bucks it's worth it. Same goes for Modern Warfare, Advanced Warfare, the remasters, shit, even Ghosts. They are nice little romps through history.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Really loved this campaign. Shame they didn't spin sci-fi CoD into a new separate franchise. Enjoyed it a heck of a lot more than the usual USA "fuck yeah" Vs turban people awfulness Activision thinks is appropriate.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's right behind COD4 and Black Ops as the best in the series imo. Probably dirt cheap nowadays so I highly recommend it.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
could probably get it cheaper from gamestop or ebay now and if your boycotting activision the. you wouldn't have any guilt

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think its overrated.
That AI companion was great but it was an average campaign. Nothing really memorable. Poor set pieces.

I'd hunt down the modern warfare trilogy instead.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
User Banned (3 days): Advocating piracy
Really loved this campaign. Shame they didn't spin sci-fi CoD into a new separate franchise. Enjoyed it a heck of a lot more than the usual USA "fuck yeah" Vs turban people awfulness Activision thinks is appropriate.

I think it's very telling that the people who never play COD LOVE infinite warfare and the usual crowd hates it.

@OP Great campaign but fuck activision so maybe try piracy?

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
One of the better campaigns. Some missions are among the best in the series, some are not great, but it averages out to be really good. Played it on PS4 fwiw, bought physically for like 8$, but pretty sure Series X will be better. For 20$ I say worth it if you like FPS games.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
One of the best shooter campaigns in years. The SX version should be locked 60 at near 4K resolution too.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
1. Fuck Activision.
2. Is Infinite Warfare the one with Kevin Spacey? In which case, on top of Fuck Activision, Eeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuugh.

Oct 25, 2017
Campaign is an absolute blast. Any reason why you're going digital? Maybe buy used so that none of the money goes to Activision. 🤷🏼‍♂️ A physical copy is like $10 on Amazon right now.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
1. Sign up for a Gamestop Pro Membership (on sale now for $10)
2. Wait until next month to get your $5 monthly certificate
3. Use your $5 monthly certificate to pick up a used copy of Infinite Warfare for $4 + tax (a nice way to stick to it Activision).
4. ***To maximize your $5 monthly certificate, make sure you use it in store first and then double dip by using it online afterwards. Make sure you save the discount code somewhere before you use it in store!***

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
LOVE Infinite Warfare's campaign. I didn't play the multiplayer but I really don't care about mp anyways lol. But I love IW so much that it sucks that we're probably not getting a continuation just cause the mp majority hated it.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Nah I didnt like the campaign for IW at all ... The only good campaigns cod in recent memory was Modern Warfare 2019, that was done really well.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Solid campaign and looks great on XSX, finished it (again) just this year.
But beware, if you're used to being able to change your FOV (in the latest COD), going back to vomit inducing FOV 60 is quite jarring at first.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
OP, its a great campaign, and well worth it. I finally finished it a few weeks back, and it was great and fun. Excellent levels, weapon variety and set pieces. Wish they did more COD campaigns like this (i.e. space exploration type).