• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 for me this looks fucking great. Hope it captures the CoD 4 days.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks amazing and I can't wait. Bring on that crazy action packed modern military shooter single player campaign.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
They used to use Id tech 3, but this is the first call of duty in the franchise history using an in house engine.

I don't believe that's ever been the case.

They started with ID3 and kept retooling the engine to suit their needs. This isn't a new engine either, no one makes engines from scratch. They've always had their in house engine, seems like they took it and revamped it a lot, including a new renderer I imagine.

Similar to how Arkham Knight uses Unreal 3 and not Unreal 4 but still looks amazing because all their developer tools were built and in place. The Arkham engine is a heavily modified Unreal 3 and it's kind of become it's own thing.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Well according to gamestar you'll play as a kid during a chemical attack (they saw it in the reveal event).

Not sure how i feel about that.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I'm still shocked seeing a COD game with great graphics. lol

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Well according to gamestar you'll play as a kid during a chemical attack (they saw it in the reveal event).

I was kind of hoping they would avoid the "shock" level this time around because at this point it's just a trope.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how well that'll go with Crossplay between consoles and PC users. Admittedly, it helps keep the PC community a bit more active and able to find games... but yeah...

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe that's ever been the case.

They started with ID3 and kept retooling the engine to suit their needs. This isn't a new engine either, no one makes engines from scratch. They've always had their in house engine, seems like they took it and revamped it a lot, including a new renderer I imagine.

Similar to how Arkham Knight uses Unreal 3 and not Unreal 4 but still looks amazing because all their developer tools were built and in place. The Arkham engine is a heavily modified Unreal 3 and it's kind of become it's own thing.

I guess its time to do some research because it is indeed a brand new engine from scratch. In development for multiple years.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Yeah the content is described as "rough" by Driftor. Saying it deals with very confronting and difficult subject matter.

"dead kids, mass shootings, terrorist attacks"

Khalid030

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As long as I can turn off cross play I'm happy. Ain't gonna want to play against some Pc sweats

Status
Not open for further replies.