• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Click bait title, made it sound like it was the entire zombie mode. If its like the MW stuff it sucks.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
This isn't the zombies more that everyone knows and loves, it's a different thing. Likely put in place like that other horde mode for MW to meet a contract

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, it's not the whole zombies mode

just an additional way to play zombies.

would have been a very different thing. lol

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
Should probably change that title. It's a special 2 player mode using the MP maps, and NOT the core zombies experience which is coming to all platforms.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
It's a specific mode called Zombie Onslaught that takes place on the MP maps, not the Zombies mode as a whole. Big difference, title is incorrect

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty lazy, clickbait title.

zombies is not exclusive to ps5, its a specific 2 player coop game mode called zombie onslaught that's just a horde mode on regular mp maps

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a zombie mode in the regular multiplayer maps? Not the standard zombie mode right?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Ah fuck I was like "Are they seriously holding back a whole favorite mode for 1 year on other consoles?"

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I hated the exclusive dungeons in Destiny when I played on PS4 and I just hate exclusive mode deals like this, it's just so meh, i'd rather have some Sony exclusive skins like Spiderman or some shit than locking fucking game modes out

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Even if it's a sub-mode and not a main mode, I'm so tired of Sony pulling this shit with Call of Duty and other franchises. I prefer to play my FPS games on Xbox and I'm not going to be baited over to get the game on PS4/5 because they want to pay to gate out Xbox players. This just makes me go from preferential to obstinate.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Eh they can have it, as long as they don't money hat main zombies mode. People out here making thread titles that get people riled up.

DidactBRHU3

Oct 17, 2019
Fortaleza - Ceará
giphy.gif

Ganado

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It's so disgusting when a company has their own platform (Battle.net) yet makes content exclusive for another companys platform. While I guess that this mode isn't something that's too hot, it's weird that the people that gives them 100% of the profits gets less.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Months): Platform warring, numerous prior bans for similar behavior
Good on Sony. It just makes easier to justify when Microsoft buys an entire company.

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
its just a small gameplay mode like what they did with modern warfare, not the biggest deal for anyone who was looking forward to the game but yeah this sucks

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Holy fucking shit that thread title gave me a heart attack at first. COD Zombies is one of my all time favorite game modes and I'm really looking forward to that in Cold War.

This mode seems cool, and it's annoying to see it be locked to Playstation, but I'm glad it's not the full zombies mode

Daddy JeanPi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I can deal with a title being exclusive, but if it's not, why should my game be different from the playstation version? That is the real BS right there.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Details: https://blog.playstation.com/2020/1...ty-black-ops-cold-war-zombies-onslaught-mode/
In Zombies Onslaught, you and one other Operator will deploy to one of several locations derived from various Multiplayer maps with your custom loadouts. These are the very same loadouts you'll carry into traditional Zombies and Multiplayer, complete with your preferred primary weapon, whether it be an LMG, heavy-hitting sniper rifle, or other fully kitted-out tool for zombie destruction.

Once you drop in, the onslaught begins; the Dark Aether Orb will confine your duo to a specific space on the map, where the undead will begin spawning in. Killing these zombies will power the Orb. Kill enough Zombies and the Orb will move. While you're inside the Orb, you won't take Dark Aether damage from outside the specific map zone the Orb protects, helping keep players alive as they fight increasingly difficult undead enemies, with each "surge" bringing more resilient, faster and deadlier zombies.

As the Orb gains power and you clear out more enemies, expect to stay on the move as the safe area shifts to different areas around the map, forcing you to change strategies on the fly while fending off the undying horde.

Surges can also include Elite enemies, more powerful adversaries compared to the regular zombified masses. However, don't count them as cannon fodder: the restricted area can bring them within arm's length, which is all they need to bring you and your duo down.

For the sake of scoring, Elites should be your primary target, as you'll receive either a Bronze, Silver, or Gold ranking based on the number of Elites you and your partner can defeat.

By achieving a specific rank, you will unlock useful rewards for use across Zombies and Multiplayer. Each season, new maps and rewards will be introduced for PS4 and PS5 players.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Platform Waring; Meta Commentary
So I hope to god people have a list of names who champion this shit when the other side buys publishers. Should be interesting

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Really wish these types of deals would die they only punish players on other consoles

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Details: https://blog.playstation.com/2020/1...ty-black-ops-cold-war-zombies-onslaught-mode/
In Zombies Onslaught, you and one other Operator will deploy to one of several locations derived from various Multiplayer maps with your custom loadouts. These are the very same loadouts you'll carry into traditional Zombies and Multiplayer, complete with your preferred primary weapon, whether it be an LMG, heavy-hitting sniper rifle, or other fully kitted-out tool for zombie destruction.

Once you drop in, the onslaught begins; the Dark Aether Orb will confine your duo to a specific space on the map, where the undead will begin spawning in. Killing these zombies will power the Orb. Kill enough Zombies and the Orb will move. While you're inside the Orb, you won't take Dark Aether damage from outside the specific map zone the Orb protects, helping keep players alive as they fight increasingly difficult undead enemies, with each "surge" bringing more resilient, faster and deadlier zombies.

As the Orb gains power and you clear out more enemies, expect to stay on the move as the safe area shifts to different areas around the map, forcing you to change strategies on the fly while fending off the undying horde.

Surges can also include Elite enemies, more powerful adversaries compared to the regular zombified masses. However, don't count them as cannon fodder: the restricted area can bring them within arm's length, which is all they need to bring you and your duo down.

For the sake of scoring, Elites should be your primary target, as you'll receive either a Bronze, Silver, or Gold ranking based on the number of Elites you and your partner can defeat.

By achieving a specific rank, you will unlock useful rewards for use across Zombies and Multiplayer. Each season, new maps and rewards will be introduced for PS4 and PS5 players.