• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
How controversial are we thinking this will be?
Not at all. The trailer itself seemed purposefully designed so that it can triangulate both people who take their fear of Russian interference post-2016 too far, and Cold War-poisoned chuds who think BLM, COVID shutdowns, college culture, etc are all the fault of communist sleeper cells who have taken matters into their own hands post-Eastern Bloc to convert the West to communism. They can't take an actual stance on matters - nor would they want to - at the risk of losing sales from either side, given that CoD is a mainstream staple.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
Hope we see some next gen usage in this title. Something more than just higher res assets

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I want to handle exactly like BLOPS4 but with MW2019 graphics, sound design and customization. Keep every single mechanic and map design from that awful game (MW) out of it. And yes, gimme my "boring" 3 lane maps.
Three-lane maps get shat on a lot, but at least when you're playing, it doesn't make you want to rip your brain out. I mean, the windows in MW are just insane. If my house had that much windows, I wouldn't need air conditioning.

Rumors have said that all four of those things should be in the game. Not worried about foot steps. Treyarch is usually good at fixing things. Their patches work compared to the once that shall not be named.

Yep. Saw Xclusive Ace's leak. So far, it's good. I think map being back to normal isn't confirmed yet. Footsteps as well but I'm hoping it will.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
Had been thinking about reinstalling BO4 too, as MW continues to eat my entire HD. I'm right in assuming there's no way to uninstall and keep unistalled warzone? I just want that shit off my HD.

Aside from my complaints about netcode every year since BO2 pretty much, I'd love to see opposing teams colours muted. In BO4 everything looked so vibrant it got hard to make out other players for me.

Last edited:

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hope we see some next gen usage in this title. Something more than just higher res assets
Kinda still bummed at why back buttons weren't a standard part of next-gen controllers. I mean, is it protecting the hardware makers? But that should have been standard.

No confirmation on whether backbutton attachment will work with DualSense either.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Forgot about that, but yeah - please make sure that the game doesn't require half of my storage unit. Would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Also, Perseus wasn't some sleeper trying to destablise American society via cultural Marxism and other dumb shit, they were alleged to be a nuclear spy aka the most boring and banal type of spy both the US and USSR used. Also, they very likely didn't exist, and was disinfo the KGB used internally to keep potential American spies in the USSR from leaking actual real info and just chasing shadows.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Had been thinking about reinstalling BO4 too, as MW continues to eat my entire HD. I'm right in assuming there's no way to uninstall and keep unistalled warzone? I just want that sht off my HD.

Aside from my complaints about netcode every year since BO2 pretty much, I'd love to see opposing teams colours muted. In BO4 everything looked so vibrant it got hard to make out other players for me.
None. :( You can uninstall Spec Ops or Campaign though.

They can't untie Warzone to MW MP since they offer the free MP weekends. :}

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Three-lane maps get shat on a lot, but at least when you're playing, it doesn't make you want to rip your brain out. I mean, the windows in MW are just insane. If my house had that much windows, I wouldn't need air conditioning.

Yep. Saw Xclusive Ace's leak. So far, it's good. I think map being back to normal isn't confirmed yet. Footsteps as well but I'm hoping it will.

I mainly enjoy them because the flow feels a lot more natural than whatever map design was in 2019. You push at the end of one lane, enemies spawn on the opposite of the map. So easy to read a child could understand it. The issue with that predictable/natural flow is it's also easy to read spawn camps and abuse it.

And I'd still take that a million times over IWs map design. I really just don't like that game lol.

And please for the love of all that is good, remove the compass. Darting your eyes back and forth between the top of the screen and the minimap in the corner to see a red dot was stupid. If there's a mechanic that CoD nailed years ago when it came to radar use was loud guns = red dot. Period. So unnecessary to add another thing to the HUD.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Ef4cYNPXgAQU1-G

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously one of the coolest cover arts(?) they've done and easily the most unique. The colors are awesome. 3arc already delivering. Hopefully this gives us an idea about the tone of the game and artstyle that'll be used.

Bring Borderlands/Far Cry colors and attitude but with smooth and responsive CoD mechanics and killstreaks.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I mainly enjoy them because the flow feels a lot more natural than whatever map design was in 2019. You push at the end of one lane, enemies spawn on the opposite of the map. So easy to read a child could understand it. The issue with that predictable/natural flow is it's also easy to read spawn camps and abuse it.

I think that's the problem though. It's safe, predictable, and comfortable which is why people like it but I think that's a problem. There's no inventiveness, no smart play, no surprises. I know exactly where the enemy is going to pop out and where they are going to be at all times. I know it feels good but I think people should be challenged a little more.

I saw this especially in Black Ops III vs. Titanfall. Black Ops III basically had a neon sign saying HERE AND ONLY HERE IS WHERE YOU WALL RUN while there were so many awesome ways for a player to navigate around a map like Angel City. It was really designed for the player to explore and master movement while Treyarch map design is basically on rails. Here is the clearly labeled sniper spot, here is the inside part for SMGs, here's a little tunnel for people to sneak through. It's just a checklist and its boring as hell.

I can see why people like it though because it's what you're used to and you get a lot of kills but it's just too easy sometimes. I like that I got stomped early in Modern Warfare and have learned enough to steadily raise my K/D while in Black Ops 4 I would just pop the shield operator and get a free frenzy kill and all my killstreaks.

What I'm really saying is don't be afraid because you got beat up in Modern Warfare after getting coddled in Black Ops.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

And I'd still take that a million times over IWs map design. I really just don't like that game lol.

And please for the love of all that is good, remove the compass. Darting your eyes back and forth between the top of the screen and the minimap in the corner to see a red dot was stupid. If there's a mechanic that CoD nailed years ago when it came to radar use was loud guns = red dot. Period. So unnecessary to add another thing to the HUD.

I used to hate the three-lane design way back, but after playing every COD each year, I appreciated it for what it does which is balanced map layouts where you don't feel like you're fucked if you end up spawning on the wrong "team."

MW has this in spades. Grazna Raid Domination, if you spawn on A at the start of the match, you can keep the other team from getting to B fairly easily. I had matches in MW where I went 99-9, 50-4, etc., where I know I was exploiting the map hard. It's not because I'm skilled, but rather, I'm exploiting the headglitches, the washed up color palette that makes characters blend into the background, etc.

Yes. That red dot on the map should be there. It helps minimize camping. IW doesn't care though since it is doing that to make sure newbies have a "safe space."

Hopefully, Treyarch brings it back to a more balanced approach to gunplay and playstyles.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will this have Commie Zombies?
Honestly i have no idea how they will approach Zombies in this since Jason Blundell left 3Arc and the Aether storyline is finally finished. (Although that storyline was already "finished" in BO3 and still they managed to bring that back up). Either they will continue the Chaos storyline or create something new.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I had so much hope for Modern Warfare and remember thinking the devs would nail it. As always, I find myself disappointed with map design, spawns, and TTK, but BO4 felt fine. Personally hoping it's like BO1 or BO4 with headshots actually being worth a damn this time.

Dont mind self healing returning, but it often felt like a bad crutch to use the equipment for fast heal.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I really hope this game takes advantage of the Dualsense features on PS5, especially the adapttive triggers and how they can make each weapon feel differnet.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
For some reason the teaser in the OP has been put on private and has been re-uploaded with half the length

The full 2 minute trailer can still be found on YouTube channel's such as GameSpot's

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
GamingRevo says Dead Silence is a perk again in BOCW.

Honestly I think they just need to axe Dead Silence in any form once and for all. No perk, no field upgrade, no way to get it at all. If people want to be stealthy, force them to change their habits and move in a stealthy way. There shouldn't be a way to blast around the map at breakneck speed in pure ninja mode.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
150 health but TTK faster than BO4 is music to my fucking ears.

Now tell me its a less strict thick ass SBMM and 3 lane maps are back, and I'll buy 2 copies.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted TTK to stay the same as BO4, however, at least it says 150 health and it hopefully won't be a joke like MW's is.

Status
Not open for further replies.