• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
If that's not the same voice actor that did Woods in the previous games, they got a voice actor that does a spot on impersonation.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Monday the new 80s trailer song huh. Game looks hot.

two thoughts though: FUCK REAGAN, and also the leader looks a lot like Robert Redford. Possibly intentionally considering the time period.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
bruuuuh I didnt want to get hype but this looks so dope. Fucking loved the OG Black Ops so much

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Calling it now, this guy is Perseus

EgXQWovUMAAqRXe

Is that Robert Redford?

Oct 25, 2017
B) Wasn't this reported to be in development hell?
Sledgehammer was supposed to make this years COD,
Sledgehammer's management was moved out after WW2 so they struggled.
Raven was put as lead with Sledgehammer assisting
Sledgehammer didn't get along with Raven taking their position.
Tryarch was brought it to fix up what they had already done and lead further development with Raven codeveloping with them.
Sledgehammer demoted to background support.

mangochutney

Jun 11, 2018
I'm very nervous about this one.

A) The last time I bought a CoD at console launch was Ghosts. Not great.

B) Wasn't this reported to be in development hell?
I suppose you could call it that, they pulled one studio off the next COD and gave it to Treyarch.

There's a potentially they just shoe-horned the existing work into a Black Ops setting.

Also might explain why last year with their big engine upgrade they said that this will be the engine going forward and all studios will work with it but this game is apparently 'not fully' using the new engine and instead goes back to a 2015 version... bit concerning given the advances the new engine made.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Looks interesting, but it also just feels "off" I dunno, maybe it's just me. Are the voice actors the same? I have to imagine James C. Burns wouldn't be to hard to get, he loves the character and isn't a big name, but who knows about Sam Worthington/Ed Harris as those are both pretty big names...

Also, hopefully this goes into all the shit that was mentioned in the Black Ops 1 intel that was completely brushed over in Black Ops 2, but I have a strong feeling that this is going to retcon some Black Ops 2 stuff and also mostly ignore Black Ops 1. But it would be badass if they really did go into some of the shit from the first game including the implication that Mason was the one who actually killed Kennedy

Also, November 13 is when this and Yakuza 7 come out. I am personally willing to believe that's the PS5 or XSX release date.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So they've just mirrored the Wonder Woman 1984 trailer in using Blue Monday and syncing gunshots etc to the drums?

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Ronnie Raygun makes this a big LOL NOPE for me.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

Does look a lot like the Montelbaanstoren; rest of the layout doesnt seem to make much sense (besides looking like generalistic Dutch architecture from Amsterdam). I've never been a COD player so I'm not sure if they ever followed real city layouts; or just smash some 'famous architecture' together and put a label on it.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Best era. Best COD spin off. Sequel to the best COD game (outside COD4)

Now to check my hype knowing how much I was excited for MW lol

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Now starts my debate. Get this on PS5 or for my PC (3900x and 2070 Super). It am betting there's no dynamic res on PC, or DLSS, which helps alleviate FPS issues if running at 4K.

Anyway this looks batshit awesome and I am in.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Does look a lot like the Montelbaanstoren; rest of the layout doesnt seem to make much sense (besides looking like generalistic Dutch architecture from Amsterdam). I've never been a COD player so I'm not sure if they ever followed real city layouts; or just smash some 'famous architecture' together and put a label on it.

Yup, my office is literally across this tower and I can assure you the lay-out is wrong. Still nice to have Amsterdam in the game.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Looks really impressive and this is going to run with 60 fps (and maybe even higher for mp?).Character models, fire and smoke effects are step up from anything i have seen this gen.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Last time I finished a COD campaign was probably MW3 where I actually got sad because of Soap lol. That was an awesome trailer though, even the lil MP map showcase at the end was cool.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UmeĂĄ, Sweden
I wonder how many will claim this game will be "historically accurate". Also, wonder if I should avatar bet that this game will have a MASSIVE America circlejerk in the story how 'Murica and Reagan saved the world and did *nothing* wrong.

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, a Assassinate Reagan mission would be swell.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
That was the best cod trailer in fucking years

I would say advanced warfare's trailer is on par (I know, I know, people didn't like the MP...and especially since Kevin spacey is a pedo)

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many will claim this game will be "historically accurate". Also, wonder if I should avatar bet that this game will have a MASSIVE America circlejerk in the story how 'Murica and Reagan saved the world and did *nothing* wrong.

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, a Assassinate Reagan mission would be swell.

Its a CoD game, no way there wouldn't be a circlejerk. That and BO2 having Oliver North in it says all it needs to.

Edit: Yup.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Is that Robert Redford?

Also, all I can think of when watching the trailer:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Really trying to keep my hype in check, but I loved BO1 so much.

BO4 and MW were not good COD games, and were full of frustrating design. BO1 hopefully returns to its roots. This means abandoning BO4 map design in favour of BO1 map design, and slowing the game down to feel less like run and gun grinders.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Really trying to keep my hype in check, but I loved BO1 so much.

BO4 and MW were not good COD games, and were full of frustrating design. BO1 hopefully returns to its roots. This means abandoning BO4 map design in favour of BO1 map design, and slowing the game down to feel less like run and gun grinders.

Hold off until the MP reveal then, because none of what we have seen shows us nothing about MP.