• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
AK is clearly the best, and most versatile AR. FAMAs is easily the worst right now.

M4, Krig, and QBZ are all good depending on what you're looking for. I wouldn't say any of them are leagues better than the other, but they all perform well in certain roles.

Interested to see how the Groza plays.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AK is clearly the best, and most versatile AR. FAMAs is easily the worst right now.

M4, Krig, and QBZ are all good depending on what you're looking for. I wouldn't say any of them are leagues better than the other, but they all perform well in certain roles.

Interested to see how the Groza plays.
This is how I feel

the famas is reminding me of the mw2 f2000

eek

Oct 26, 2017
I really liked FFAR before the nerf. I didn't think it was even that overpowered so it really bummed me out when they completely destroyed it.

(It's really silly in the grand scheme of things where you have tac rifles like the aug that can completely just one burstpeople in mid range but you're more concerned about a high rate of fire AR)

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I watched a Digital Foubdry video where I saw them having 2 separate apps for warzone on Xbox Series X (One with Modern Warfare and one with Cold War)

How do you get the later? I cant find it on the store, and does run better than thebold version of Warzone?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I've been having some great games with the bullfrog. Hopefully the Bizon in MW will get a buff to be actually good too.

Sep 25, 2020
Australia
I've also been using the type 63 lately and really enjoying it. I tried out the DMR and think I prefer the 63 so far.

I am kinda liking the QBZ after playing a few rounds with it.
Why is this gun even in game? It was designed in the 1989 and issued in 1995 while Cold War is early 1980s...
Yeah it's weird, I'm sure if they wanted to they could just hand wave it and say the QBZ-83 was in prototype/testing phase during the game's events and made it into combatants hands or something, as silly as that sounds.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
So I'm confused about prestiging. Like can I still try to get to prestige level 2 when season one starts? Or do I stay at my current level (prestige 1 25) and the cap gets removed?

or will I not be able to do so? What gets reset?

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Almost wish they weren't bringing Cold War stuff to Warzone cause trying to level up guns in this dogshit game is tedious AF

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
How have they managed to make the RT bug worse on PS5? I had to constantly toggle RT on/off to get the framerate back up in zombies.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Krig-6 is the best imo.
Krig-6 has the worst TTK due to its low fire rate and nearly identical damage to every other AR (headshot multiplier aside). Any other 5-shot kill AR is a better choice (FAMAS aside, due to having unusably bad levels of recoil), with the QBZ being a standout among the 5-shot kill rifles.

BSherrod

Oct 27, 2017
Are there optimized settings on PC for this game? Everything I see on YouTube is about getting the best frames for MP but was really looking for the best performance with the best graphics for the campaign. Have a 2700X + 2070 Super hooked up to a 4K TV.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Anyone else notice that the progression level in Barracks seems to be broken. I'm showing level 61 on the main screen but in Barracks it's stuck at level 55 and hasn't moved for days.

No point in me continuing to level up if it isn't registering.......ffs never seen such a broken game.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Details on how Activision's SBMM works

[0081] FIG. 3B illustrates a table providing an exemplary list of parameters of a gameplay session that are modified based on a player's skill level and the corresponding experience for players of different skill levels. For example, in a first-shooter gaming environment, when a first player aims his weapon at a target, a parameter defining the tolerance for how accurate the player's aim must be to hit the target is modified based on the acquired skill level of the player. The computer assigns the tolerance for how accurate the player's aim must be to hit the target differently based on the skill level of the first player. A player having a higher skill level will be assigned a lower tolerance parameter and therefore, will have to be more accurate in aiming in order to hit the target. A player having a lower skill level be assigned a higher tolerance parameter and, therefore, could be less accurate in aiming in order to hit the target.

TLDR: If you're a skilled player, it'll be much more difficult for you to aim than a players at a lower skill level

It's too much of a coincidence. Hip firing never works for me in this game. Aim assist works against you and there have been reports on hit detection on Mouse and Keyboard being off.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Imma need some receipts on that. A patent doesn't mean that it's currently implemented like that.

Take it as you will but the way aim assist works and people on Reddit complaining about hit detection being off and Driftor even mentioning this problem. There's nothing that says it's not in the game.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I was just watching a YouTube video about that patent.

Honestly this is looking like my last year playing COD. Even if that particular match making algorithm isn't currently in the game, it just shows Activision is (unsurprisingly) willing to go further and further with it. It's bad enough, but understandable that they want to put me in constantly sweaty competitive matches game after game...but to potentially hinder my ability to aim, or play effectively? Fuck that. I pay my box fee like everyone else, and shouldn't be handicapped by the game itself.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
So, I bought the disc version for PS5 back at launch and installed it to my PS5. I haven't played it though. Just popped it in to check out the campaign and it told me I need to download additional content. Its now downloading campaign 1 add-on, but apparently there is a campaign 2 add-on and campaign 3 add-on. How can I trigger the download for these as well? I just want to download it all at once (like I thought I did at install).

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
So, I bought the disc version for PS5 back at launch and installed it to my PS5. I haven't played it though. Just popped it in to check out the campaign and it told me I need to download additional content. Its now downloading campaign 1 add-on, but apparently there is a campaign 2 add-on and campaign 3 add-on. How can I trigger the download for these as well? I just want to download it all at once (like I thought I did at install).

My ps5 only does one download at a time. I remember on ps4 i could download 2 files.

U did nothing wrong.

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
Started noticing more and more Youtubers making videos about that patent. I honestly don't know what to believe but it does explain some of the fuckery going in games I've had. Disgusting if true is all I'll say.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Started noticing more and more Youtubers making videos about that patent. I honestly don't know what to believe but it does explain some of the fuckery going in games I've had. Disgusting if true is all I'll say.

Cold War uses the same engine as Black Ops 3. So you have to ask yourself why in the hell does the netcode feels worse than Blops 4 when both have the same tickrate at 60hz in 6v6?

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
Cold War uses the same engine as Black Ops 3. So you have to ask yourself why in the hell does the netcode feels worse than Blops 4 when both have the same tickrate at 60hz in 6v6?
I wish I had played Black Ops 3 and 4 to compare. I'm interested in what else people find and if Activision/Treyarch speak on the matter. Probably not though. Functionally it's still COD on some level so I'll play it and just walk away from it when Im tired lol.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Details on how Activision's SBMM works

TLDR: If you're a skilled player, it'll be much more difficult for you to aim than a players at a lower skill level

It's too much of a coincidence. Hip firing never works for me in this game. Aim assist works against you and there have been reports on hit detection on Mouse and Keyboard being off.

This is new threadworthy in my eyes. This is absolutely disgusting regardless it being in the game or not.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Please add more maps for combined arms. it's the only mode I can play anymore. 6v6 is cancer due to the strict ass SBMM.