• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I definitely agree that weapon leveling is waaay too slow right now. Like, they could double it and it'd still likely feel slow.

I'm also disappointed by how generic all the attachments feel. Every weapon seems to have pretty much the exact same stuff. Was hoping for something unique for different weapons, like something to make reloading much faster with the SPAS, stuff like that.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not the worst MW player, but apparently that doesn't translate to CW. I am getting murdered left and right, sometimes by what seems like a single shot. And I'm playing at 120hz!

And the dirty bomb mode? TERRIBLE.

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know of a way to resolve the PS5 "download queue" error beyond resting their PS5 to factory default settings?

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason at all to buy the PS5 version of the game?

The PS4 version automatically turns in to the PS5 version so just save $10 and get the PS4 one right?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Is there any reason at all to buy the PS5 version of the game?

The PS4 version automatically turns in to the PS5 version so just save $10 and get the PS4 one right?

What? No. This is the one company that shits on free updates or smart delivery, so much that the pure installation of this game is a pure mess on current gen consoles.

So no, what do you think the 10$ upgrade is for if you get the PS5 version for free when buying PS4? You don't.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? No. This is the one company that shits on free updates or smart delivery, so much that the pure installation of this game is a pure mess on current gen consoles.

So no, what do you think the 10$ upgrade is for if you get the PS5 version for free when buying PS4? You don't.

I didn't know there was a upgrade fee, I was just looking at the prices on Amazon and PS4 was $10 cheaper.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
This is a confusing game to engage with, but I think I like it. They just clearly need to work on weapon balance and they've made the early game much less fun because of how much attachments seem to make or break weapons in Multiplayer combined with the fact it takes an incredibly long time to level those guns up to get said attachments. Which wouldn't be the worst, but man, coming off of Modern Warfare and into this one is just really rough for fairly obvious reasons. We need more maps, shotguns need some serious buffs with how bad they are currently (multiple close range shots from the Spas still don't kill, WTF), and the entire balance needs to be properly handled along with maybe even slightly increasing TTK given how absurd some of it ends up being in this game (It's rare to get into gun fights considering either you or your enemy are dead within milliseconds of encountering each other).

I like a lot of things they've done and it's fun at times, but it just needs more work.

Yea bullet velocity and range mods make a huge difference on the TTK in this game, so starting base weapons are at a disadvantage. Playing with some new friends who just started with my guy almost lvl 50, they kept getting matches cause of me I assume in games where everyone is close to lvl 40s, and they just were getting rekt.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is "Song's" voice actress the same that did Seraph if Black Ops 3 & 4?
It sounds like her trying to do a slightly different accent.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile

And another fix to our BOCW problems, Flashlight actually reveals enemies from far away and those hidden in bushes, it's basically a free scout + laser if you use the last one.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they played into the espionage part a bit more, especially in the side missions where you're solving puzzles and decrypting stuff. But then you just go and shoot your way through. Even in the middle of the US lol. Like who are these russians and how did they get into New Mexico or wherever. There's a couple missions I really enjoyed (everyone probably knows which ones) and thought it was a great direction for the campaign. Let's see more of those!

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've never played Zombies before but watched a stream today and it looked fun and the campaign is apparently solid. I am interested in a pick-up and play game and the adaptive triggers with the Dual Sense but kind of intimidated to go online and get wrecked. Is it possible to be decent at the game? I used to play CoD but stopped after MW2.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I've been away from Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2, but I'm really considering it for my PS5 that arrives later this week because of the adaptive triggers.

What I wanna know, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere, is if the adaptive triggers are coming or are already implemented in Call of Duty Warzone. Can anyone tell me?

Also, for a newbie like me, will I be able to just get into COD with this game and have fun? Or the fact I've not played COD for over a decade will make me useless? I guess what I wanna know is how is the difficulty curve for a rookie player?

EDIT:

I've never played Zombies before but watched a stream today and it looked fun and the campaign is apparently solid. I am interested in a pick-up and play game and the adaptive triggers with the Dual Sense but kind of intimidated to go online and get wrecked. Is it possible to be decent at the game? I used to play CoD but stopped after MW2.

Holy shit, are you me?

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've been away from Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2, but I'm really considering it for my PS5 that arrives later this week because of the adaptive triggers.

What I wanna know, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere, is if the adaptive triggers are coming or are already implemented in Call of Duty Warzone. Can anyone tell me?

Also, for a newbie like me, will I be able to just get into COD with this game and have fun? Or the fact I've not played COD for over a decade will make me useless? I guess what I wanna know is how is the difficulty curve for a rookie player?

EDIT:

Holy shit, are you me?
Lmao, I just read your post! Weird!!

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
So my level in-game doesn't match my after action report which doesn't match my lobby level or barracks level...

???

Are you telling me 70k exp is like level 1 to 2 or what is going on because the after action report have me at level 8 and something but if I enter a game I'm shown as level 2 and my next after action report continues from level 2 up like 1 or 2 ranks before it stops but the after action keeps on going...

Macaco5

Jan 2, 2018
I turned msi afterburner on and it seemed to be boosting from 1800mhz to 2010 mhz in the game, so I think that's working at least. I double checked and don't have DSR on and the resolution is indeed 1440p. I replicated your settings and still average 90 FPS, with highs of 100ish and constant drops in the 80 to 70 range depending on the map. I don't have any other weird settings enabled in the nvidia panel either, so I have no idea why my performance is so much lower than yours. A 9700k can't be THAT much weaker than a 10900k?

Interestingly, disabling sun shadows RTX doesn't boost my performance at all. Lowering the RTX settings to medium barely matters either. The only thing that gives a significant boost if I have RTX completely off and then I get an average of around 120 with highs of up to 140. You getting that WITH RTX on is really confusing.

Drops to 70 or 80 seems really low for the card you have. Tbh I was actually quite surprised just how many frames I was able to crank out with all settings maxed and RT on as my particular 3080 model is one of the weaker variants - it never gets anywhere near 2000mhz in boost.

Well at least you can eliminate thermal throttling as the culprit as your boosts are so good.

I don't think this is cpu related at all. The 9700k is practically identical to the 10900k in gpu limited games and you have to assume with rtx on this is gpu limited.

How are your other games with this gpu? To rule out a gpu issue you should benchmark a cpl of other games and see what you get. Ideally with rtx on. Or perhaps someone else with a 3080 reading this thread can comment on the performance they are getting to give us some more data points?

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Is anybody still getting the bug where your calling card keeps on resetting back to a default one like the T.V.'s.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
Is anybody still getting the bug where your calling card keeps on resetting back to a default one like the T.V.'s.
Yes, I'm also stuck leveling it seems
prestigebarracksbugdpj27.png

It's even the wrong prestige icon. This belongs to the previous game but it is gorgeous.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
lmao just got the game and 1st game is against prestiged people, and I am only a level 1. How does the SBMM already know my skill level wtf jesus christ.

Ixian

Nov 25, 2018
I'm having an absolutely awful time with the crossplay - bought it on pc explicitly to play zombies with a friend on PS5. Seems like 4 times out of 5 either I can't hear him or he can't hear me, get dropped from lobby all the time, all sorts of connectivity issues. Very frustrating.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Far too many sweats jumping around on multiplayer here, along with campers who can't actually play.

Poor maps from Treyarch. In fact, terrible maps. Nuketown '84 might be the saviour of this multiplayer disaster.

Many players are already ditching CW. Time to focus on MW2 in 2021.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Drops to 70 or 80 seems really low for the card you have. Tbh I was actually quite surprised just how many frames I was able to crank out with all settings maxed and RT on as my particular 3080 model is one of the weaker variants - it never gets anywhere near 2000mhz in boost.

Well at least you can eliminate thermal throttling as the culprit as your boosts are so good.

I don't think this is cpu related at all. The 9700k is practically identical to the 10900k in gpu limited games and you have to assume with rtx on this is gpu limited.

How are your other games with this gpu? To rule out a gpu issue you should benchmark a cpl of other games and see what you get. Ideally with rtx on. Or perhaps someone else with a 3080 reading this thread can comment on the performance they are getting to give us some more data points?
I get around 90-100fps on 1440p ultrawide with a 3900x on geforce optimized settings which is ultra RT and I believe quality DLSS. I've turned all the RT off though so I can lock at 117fps (120hz monitor)

I also have my 3080 undervolted at 1950mhz / 0.95V (or 0.9V i can't remember)

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah weapon leveling is waaaaaaay too slow.

Like by the time I got to 55 in MW19 I already had quite a few of the ARs to max level. I still don't have the AK Max's out and I'm nearing 55. It makes me less inclined to use other guns.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
With the exception that many of MW19's maps are some of the worst in COD history. Piccadilly is just...
LMAO I only played like 30 matches total before giving up on that MP but I knew exactly what map you were talking about lol

Yeah weapon leveling is waaaaaaay too slow.

Like by the time I got to 55 in MW19 I already had quite a few of the ARs to max level. I still don't have the AK Max's out and I'm nearing 55. It makes me less inclined to use other guns.
I think it's because it doesn't reset when you prestige so that's the new grind

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Kind of a weak justification since Prestige is still somewhat similar to getting to 155 in MW19, just with some minor differences. None of which justify the slow leveling, hell even with double weapon do they level really really really slowly.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
LMAO I only played like 30 matches total before giving up on that MP but I knew exactly what map you were talking about lol

Weapon levels didn't reset in BO4 when you prestiged either. You did need to unlock the actual guns again, but they retained the levels.

I dunno what's up with the shit weapon leveling speed in Cold War. My only thought is they did it to artificially extend play time. There's really no other excuse for it to be this slow. Even worse when camos are level gated too.

Macaco5

Jan 2, 2018
I get around 90-100fps on 1440p ultrawide with a 3900x on geforce optimized settings which is ultra RT and I believe quality DLSS. I've turned all the RT off though so I can lock at 117fps (120hz monitor)

I also have my 3080 undervolted at 1950mhz / 0.95V (or 0.9V i can't remember)

1440p ultrawide is pushing far more pixels than normal 1440p so your framerates pretty much line up with mine (roughly 115-120 fps average with RT on, quality dlss).

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm having a blast , as a player who only plays 90% hardcore i feel like home playing with MP5 running Ninja and silencer. Ghost is not really needed in hardcore and i have the rocket luncher and air turret if they call the radar.

I also like that they ditched thos bullocks of removing other piece of equipment in order to allow more perks or attchments. I haven't used granades in a COD for a LOOOOOONG time.