• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the campaign last night and despite the strong start and a few cool missions it seems to be painfully short even for a COD campaign and the end just kind of happens and fizzels out.

The two side missions with code breaking seemed totally inconsequential and I don't know what was their point. Untilmately very disappointing.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I'm kinda shocked by the ttk, I can't count the times I shoot first at people and still die. Also what's with people jumping around everywhere?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If your weapon isn't pack a punched x3 by mid 20s, you are screwed. Unless you're really coordinated and have equipment stocked up.

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
Ummm wtf... can't install the campaign, I'm getting an error message 'Content not found'. Also can't go into the store. This wouldn't have anything to do with my PS account being US and I'm playing in Australia with an Australian disk?

Ok this is dogshit, I just confirmed that I can't play the campaign or access the store in Australia using my US PSN account. I just made an Aussie account and now it'll let me download the campaign. Am I the first person experiencing this issue?

Macaco5

Jan 2, 2018
Did you happen to try the campaign yet? Just curious about what you'll get. And just to confirm, you did download the high resolution pack right?

I'm going to turn sun shadows off as well and see if it impacts my frames. But really, between 100 and 140 with RTX on seems insane. I get to the 140ish range with RTX off only. Highest it goes to with it on is like maybe 115 or so when there is no action at all near me or I'm inside a building alone.

Also, what program/app are people mostly using here to track their fps? I don't know what is best between my monitor's built in tracker, geforce experience and rivatuner.

Yep I have the high res pack on. Also had DLSS on quality. I recorded my FPS using my monitor's in built FPS counter and RTSS and both match. Although all my gameplay so far has just been with bots so that might have an effect?

I just did another quick team death match around miami with bots on veteran and averaged 120 FPS With highs of 140 ish. Never dipped below 100. So the stats are repeatable.

I recommend loading up msi afterburner and check your GPU is boosting properly (My Palit isn't a great booster but I do get up to 1900mhz) and make sure you haven't accidentally got DSR on or something. Also make sure your render resolution is locked at 1440p in the graphics settings.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
My loadout keeps getting changed once a match in multiplayer. At first, I thought this was a bug but I couldn't find anything on the web. Am I accidentally pressing a button on the keyboard?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Ah did you play the campaign? US isn't really showed in a great light.
Did you even finish the campaign?
Yeah, I did. I absolutely delighted in betraying the main cast and killing them one-by-one.

The US is by no means shown as heroic in the story, but they're at the very least made out to be amiable folks. Even if Woods is a bloodthirsty madman and Mason was brainwashed out of his mind, they're still made out to be people. The Soviets are outrageously villainous and incredibly flat characters, and the one even remotely likable Russian is a double-agent.

It's the exact problem that Infinite Warfare had with its antagonists. The villains are so shadowy, mysterious, and boring that it winds up making the supposedly grey-vs-grey conflict of the story feel very black-and-white.
If your weapon isn't pack a punched x3 by mid 20s, you are screwed. Unless you're really coordinated and have equipment stocked up.
A Tier 3 weapon at PaP level 1 or 2 should be fine. You need that scrap, though, or you're not going to be able to upgrade your loadout guns.
I'm kinda shocked by the ttk, I can't count the times I shoot first at people and still die. Also what's with people jumping around everywhere?
Bad netcode and low tickrate. Not to mention Call of Duty's engine basically has about 50-60ms of local latency before considering online latency issues. As for jumping and sliding, the game's poor networking heavily favors the shooter, and the latency means people can jump into your field of view from around a corner nearly a fifteenth of a second before it actually happens on your screen. By the time your game catches up, they've already been shooting you for a few frames and you're likely going to be dead.

Last edited:

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
This is my first CoD in forever that I've actually decided to spend time playing the MP.

Is it normal to have all these challenges but zero way to highlight them, or pin them to your menu so you can track them?

Having to keep going back to Challenges is getting annoying.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I failed my Exfil at 31... I think there's a bug with the Heli if you call it in. It will start to spawn the zombies far away from the extraction site so you lose a lot of time just waiting for them to reach you.

In good news though I got over 120k exp from the run and also completed the: "Don't go down once by round 30" challenge.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not really liking the art style in the maps. Players can be hard to see in all the clutter and it ends up giving me a headache. Didn't have that problem with MW or Warzone.

Nov 27, 2017
California
The fuck, didn't know you could only do that "get 5 kills without dying" once per game for the woods skin
I legit did it three times in a match and it only went up 1 :/

eh game is just ok, definitely needs more people for the navy level at least and it's a decent run n gun
Once I'm done with the campaign is it possible to remove it? I have a physical Xbox series x disc version

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they fix Zombies cross play soon. We're having a good time when playing, but it's leaving a sour taste when it takes 5-10 minutes to actually get everyone in a game, usually someone will be muted for about 5 or so minutes in game, and about halfway through somebody will get kicked and have to rejoin.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Not played the campaign yet as waiting for my PS5 to come to play that. Multiplayer is ok, some good, some bad but enjoying it overall so far. Zombies however wow, absolutely loving that mode. Not really put much focus on Zombies modes in the past but getting right into this one with my friends and it's great. Like that I can level up my multiplayer weapons and other stuff in it too so don't feel like I missing out on any progress by playing it.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The TTK in this game makes no sense. Some guns shred and kill you as fast as a MW rifle does. I can down full health people with a single burst from the M16 or AUG for example if I hit in the upper chest. While so many other weapons it's like shooting spit wads at people as you slowly plink away at their health bars. It really makes so many weapons feel useless.

The fuck, didn't know you could only do that "get 5 kills without dying" once per game for the woods skin
I legit did it three times in a match and it only went up 1 :/

eh game is just ok, definitely needs more people for the navy level at least and it's a decent run n gun
Once I'm done with the campaign is it possible to remove it? I have a physical Xbox series x disc version

Did you get kills with streaks or field upgrades? Cause I don't think it counts those kills as I had same issue. I was on a roll with killing and using the bow, and it wasn't counting towards Woods unlock. Think it's only counting actual gun kills?

Nomad Blue

Oct 30, 2017
Cardiff, UK
Last edited:

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
20201118-010624.jpg

Lmao wtf..

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I started the campaign coz mp is down, did the first mission, soon as the second one loaded I get sent back to the main menu due to server connection issues.. Come on! I'm pretty sure I selected play Offline!

G59

Nov 1, 2017
U.S.
I started the campaign coz mp is down, did the first mission, soon as the second one loaded I get sent back to the main menu due to server connection issues.. Come on! I'm pretty sure I selected play Offline!

I saw people in the subreddit having the same issue... unreal how broken this game is.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Holy hell, turns out the issues I had with the high TTK was in fact bullets being so slow they seem like they don't hit, according to Drif0r:

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I really hope they fix the cross play communication bugs soon. Having your mic cut out constantly while trying to play with friends is unbearable. Treyarch knows about the issue so hope a fix is inbound soon.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
The tick rate must suck. When I shoot someone with all shots on target, it takes a noticeable moment to register a kill. When I get killed, I'm dead before damage registers half the time.

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so what's up with sniping in this game? In the beta, it was extremely easy to use sniper rifles, but now, I feel like I have to be a pro just to hit a couple of shots.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having trouble with Activity Cards on PS5? Right now, it's just showing my next mission and trophies. Usually, it'll show trophies, next mission, and multiplayer modes.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I failed my Exfil at 31... I think there's a bug with the Heli if you call it in. It will start to spawn the zombies far away from the extraction site so you lose a lot of time just waiting for them to reach you.

In good news though I got over 120k exp from the run and also completed the: "Don't go down once by round 30" challenge.

I also lost at 31 trying to exfil and the last two zombies I had to kill where megaton bombers. There was no way I was gonna be able to do it.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else on PC having weird graphics glitches on Satellite? Flickering textures and such. Haven't noticed this in any of the other maps.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I finished the campaign last night and despite the strong start and a few cool missions it seems to be painfully short even for a COD campaign and the end just kind of happens and fizzels out.

The two side missions with code breaking seemed totally inconsequential and I don't know what was their point. Untilmately very disappointing.

None of the side content or extra stuff the game has you do actually do anything outside of change some dialogue at the end of the game where they recap what happened. The actual ending stuff all boils down to your dialogue choices at a specific cut scene.

The optional side missions are also awful.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Yep I have the high res pack on. Also had DLSS on quality. I recorded my FPS using my monitor's in built FPS counter and RTSS and both match. Although all my gameplay so far has just been with bots so that might have an effect?

I just did another quick team death match around miami with bots on veteran and averaged 120 FPS With highs of 140 ish. Never dipped below 100. So the stats are repeatable.

I recommend loading up msi afterburner and check your GPU is boosting properly (My Palit isn't a great booster but I do get up to 1900mhz) and make sure you haven't accidentally got DSR on or something. Also make sure your render resolution is locked at 1440p in the graphics settings.
I turned msi afterburner on and it seemed to be boosting from 1800mhz to 2010 mhz in the game, so I think that's working at least. I double checked and don't have DSR on and the resolution is indeed 1440p. I replicated your settings and still average 90 FPS, with highs of 100ish and constant drops in the 80 to 70 range depending on the map. I don't have any other weird settings enabled in the nvidia panel either, so I have no idea why my performance is so much lower than yours. A 9700k can't be THAT much weaker than a 10900k?

Interestingly, disabling sun shadows RTX doesn't boost my performance at all. Lowering the RTX settings to medium barely matters either. The only thing that gives a significant boost if I have RTX completely off and then I get an average of around 120 with highs of up to 140. You getting that WITH RTX on is really confusing.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or are the triggers not as responsive (playing on PS5, trigger effects off).

When I try to rapid fire say my pistol or M16, it doesn't register every time I click the trigger despite me doing it quickly.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Finished the campaign last night. The final missions seem way too short to me like they could have been at least a tiny bit longer.

Aug 12, 2019
This is a confusing game to engage with, but I think I like it. They just clearly need to work on weapon balance and they've made the early game much less fun because of how much attachments seem to make or break weapons in Multiplayer combined with the fact it takes an incredibly long time to level those guns up to get said attachments. Which wouldn't be the worst, but man, coming off of Modern Warfare and into this one is just really rough for fairly obvious reasons. We need more maps, shotguns need some serious buffs with how bad they are currently (multiple close range shots from the Spas still don't kill, WTF), and the entire balance needs to be properly handled along with maybe even slightly increasing TTK given how absurd some of it ends up being in this game (It's rare to get into gun fights considering either you or your enemy are dead within milliseconds of encountering each other).

I like a lot of things they've done and it's fun at times, but it just needs more work.