• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
So it looks like you have to go to the main Xbox setting and turn off 120hz to be able to enable ray tracing (and 60hz)?

Does RT make a big graphical difference in this game, at-least on MP?

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone noticed the game looks washed out on PS5?

YES

I made a post about it earlier in the thread as d and haven't seen anyone else mention it until you. Its very noticeable in the lobby.

I thought it might be VRR on my CX that was causing the raised blacks, but PS5 doesn't have VRR right now.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
Dumb question but my TV supports 1440/120 but COD has the 120hz setting greyed out? I restarted the game too.

Am I missing something or is this not possible
I am also not sure how to enable 120hz. My tv supports it and when I disable RT, the option is still greyed out.
I don't get the 120 thing either. My Series X is on 1440p 120hz in the OS, but in game it's grayed out.
I figured it out if you guys are trying to get 120fps at 1440/1080p. In addition to setting the refresh rate to 120hz in video settings, you need to go video modes in advanced display options and uncheck "allow 4k". Now I can play at 120fps on my LG c8

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Riddle me this Era:

My Dad is a CoD nut and buys the Ultimate Edition every year.
He has an Xbox One X and is currently playing Cold War on that.
The ultimate edition, as I gather, gives you a license for both the One S|X copy, and the Series S|X copy.
Could I sign him in on my Xbox Series X and use the Next Gen license while he plays the One S|X copy?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I finished the campaign.

huh. It plays super well and has some awesome missions but I dunno... the story felt a bit lame to me.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
How big is the PS5 CW install? I have 144GBs while my friend somehow has 162GB. I made sure to download everything, but did I miss something??

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Asking again, any PS5 players who can tell me if/how the game supports Activity Cards?
I noticed them when I stopped playing last night, but didn't try any of them out before switching over to Demon's Souls. Since I had just played an MP match of Domination I thought the first activity card showed my Dom game with a square button to "resume". Freely admit I don't fully understand the system yet. Will try messing with it today...

VamosTigres

Jun 11, 2020
Riddle me this Era:

My Dad is a CoD nut and buys the Ultimate Edition every year.
He has an Xbox One X and is currently playing Cold War on that.
The ultimate edition, as I gather, gives you a license for both the One S|X copy, and the Series S|X copy.
Could I sign him in on my Xbox Series X and use the Next Gen license while he plays the One S|X copy?
You can't be signed into two places at once, so this won't work. Buuuuttt game sharing is a thing--are you game sharing with him?

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone think its kinda weird that a black woman US Marine in both Modern Warfare(Syd) and this(Powers) are made to be rogue agents?

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
YES

I made a post about it earlier in the thread as d and haven't seen anyone else mention it until you. Its very noticeable in the lobby.

I thought it might be VRR on my CX that was causing the raised blacks, but PS5 doesn't have VRR right now.

Just wondering do you have your RGB set to limited?

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Turns out, yes you can. You can level up those weapons in their own. But I played with the base ak47, unlocked a sight, the went back to that weapon, and gave it that sight. Now I have it with 5 attachments, when it came with 4
Oh ok. It had been a hot minute since I used an armory weapon in MW so I wasn't 100% sure.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Does the FoV slider not work on PS4 Pro? I changed it between 60 and 120 and it still looks the same.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I gotta say, I'm enjoying the hell out of this on the smaller maps. The airplane one and the 6v6 snow map have been particularly fun so far. I really, really hope they'll be putting out lots of small maps in the future. And that the game stays alive for as long as possible, I suppose.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
After figuring that out and downloading the PS5 button, the PS5 defaulted back to the PS4 version (which wasn't installed!) in the game bar. This was after a restart.
Similar too. I tabbed out to the main dashboard and the Install button was there. For a second I thought the console had deleted the game while i was still in it. That it even defaults to the PS4 version at anytime on the PS5 is weird.

I left everything on Auto.
Smokey That particular setting with Auto never worked on PS4 correctly, it need to be hard set to Full or Limited. I'd try setting it as such on PS5.

++ Smokey Limited for TVs, Full for PC Monitors.

Last edited:

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Surprised there is no PC Performance thread yet?

Those with 3080's are you able to max @ 4K with ray tracing + DLSS and get decent frame rates?

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
I'm having a ton of fun with this multiplayer. I'm certain it's because my K/D ratio is an unheard of 2.5, simply due to day-one players who don't know the maps or just aren't good at CoD. I have never been this good at CoD before. I know it won't last but I'm gonna enjoy it while I can.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Similar too. I tabbed out to the main dashboard and the Install button was there. For a second I thought the console had deleted the game while i was still in it. That it even defaults to the PS4 version at anytime on the PS5 is weird.

Smokey That particular setting with Auto never worked on PS4 correctly, it need to be hard set to Full or Limited. I'd try setting it as such on PS5.

I never had an issue on PS4. What should it be set to on a TV?

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

Those with 3080's are you able to max @ 4K with ray tracing + DLSS and get decent frame rates?

I have a 3440x1440 monitor but it runs mostly in the high 80s and 90s. A few times it has dropped down in the 60, but in really odd spots. With a more aggressive DLSS setting it should be fine. I just need to figure out the best looking settings I can get for 120fps in MP.

Aug 30, 2020

I haven't dabbled in 4K. I can run over 1440p maxed details (native / no DLSS) and get over 60fps consistently, which suggests that at least with some DLSS setting this should be trivial. The sun raytraced shadows seems most taxing.

I'm surprised the console versions have RT but that's good news. I'm curious which RT feature they have, maybe just the indoor shadows like MW PC? Because on console it's just listed as 'RT' but on PC there are 3 RT toggles.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
2060 user here with r5 3600.
First mission was locked 75hz for me with the defaulted settings which was rt on with all other settings being on medium or high. Dlss was also set to quality. Image quality was incredible.
1080p btw

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda curious: how much of a sequel is this to the original game? Is it mostly just a self-contained story that happens to have Woods, Mason, Hudson (I think?), etc. in it, or does it actually follow up on some of the story from the first game in a meaningful way?

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I have a 3440x1440 monitor but it runs mostly in the high 80s and 90s. A few times it has dropped down in the 60, but in really odd spots. With a more aggressive DLSS setting it should be fine. I just need to figure out the best looking settings I can get for 120fps in MP.
I haven't dabbled in 4K. I can run over 1440p maxed details (native / no DLSS) and get over 60fps consistently, which suggests that at least with some DLSS setting this should be trivial. The sun raytraced shadows seems most taxing.

I'm surprised the console versions have RT but that's good news. I'm curious which RT feature they have, maybe just the indoor shadows like MW PC? Because on console it's just listed as 'RT' but on PC there are 3 RT toggles.

Thanks foe the replies! Eager to try this weekend, just wanted to know what I was in for :)

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
So my PS5 says it is at 120hz and I set my PS5 to performance mode, but in settings on cod 120hz is greyed out. Am I doing something wrong? I have a CX, using the new HDMI that game with the system, my PS5 says it is outputting at 3840x2160 - 120hz. Under frequencies it shows 120has support under HDR and Non-HDR.

not sure what I'm doing wrong.

edit: I'm so dumb, it was greyed out and says enabled, sorry. Weird that you must turn in performance mode on PS5, wonder why it can't be an individual setting on the game

Last edited:

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Woods is fine

Mason... He's that friend in the group that sits there awkwardly because he doesn't know the others.

Does it feel like this was its own game that Treyarch mashed some Black Ops stuff into to make part of the franchise?

Keep thinking about the leaks saying production between Raven and Sledgehammer wasn't great, and in the end Treyarch came in to provide support and mould this into a Black Ops entry.