• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
#TeamReal

The Call of Duty teams increasingly don't give a shit about this

Small mercy is hopefully a partial install option

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Crazy... I get my fix of CoD just watching JackFrags play Warzone instead of playing it now.
(i've played plenty of WZ myself but deleted it a while back)

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like I was expecting the storage capacity of all of the new consoles to become a problem pretty quickly, but I wasn't expecting it to be an issue two days after release.

Hopefully, there's been some last minute compression and the box art is old. Otherwise, urk.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
This is gonna start hurting them now. Even the people who actually buy the game will end up uninstalling it before DLC is out simply because they need that space to play other stuff.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
Good thing I don't play Call of Duty!

That install size is insane. I wonder if you can install the parts you want and omit those you don't.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Oh its even bigger starting out than the last game which took a year that big to get?? I will not be buying any CoD games any time soon then. I'd rather spend that money on more games than more storage right now.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Oh boi, activision/cod doing it again.

7Ki.gif

That's almost half of the available free space.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
MW on Xbox One right now is 150.8 GB for me (this is without campaign and spec ops installed).

If that Cold War install includes SP, MP, Zombies, and Warzone then maybe I can see the huge size, but I'm really starting to buy into the theory that Activision wants to monopolize your storage space with CoD.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I don't play Warzone, Campaign, or Zombies, so as long as I can download MP only, I'm good. Absurd for those that want the entire package.

Hiraeth

Mar 16, 2018
London, UK
Doesn't seem a stretch to believe that as being real considering the already insane size of Modern Warfare on PS4 and the size of this game on PC already being 285GB.

Absolutely nuts though.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't even imagine downloading that.

Is there really no way to make it smaller?

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's fake. IT has to be right?

If not... Oooof. That's a thicc game.

What the actual every loving fuck is going on with COD games that they have to be so, so, SO hefty?

Leonine

Sep 19, 2020
There were talks of being able to install certain parts individually while leaving others out, like if I'm not interested in the MP I can choose to not install that.
Is that still the case, or we don't know yet?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if this sort of thing is standard for the bigger GAAS games. If so, we could see even more people being shuffled off into playing mostly one service game over most others more than we already do.

Glad I wasn't looking forward to this one.

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm literally not buying this game because of that. That's absolutely ridiculous... Modern Warfare is already a fucking joke with it's space requirements but I'm not taking up 1/3 of my space for one game again. Fuck you Activision.

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
It's so obvious that they want certain players to play CoD only and stick with it until the next CoD. Not much room for other games. I'm not buying this shit.