• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
300 GB isn't completely out of the blue imo, since Warzone is essentially Modern Warfare it's a different game with a different engine than Black Ops, isn't it?

Anyway, this is massive.

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to next gen. GTA6 gonna be a whole SSD at this point.

I mean even if it is, it's GTA6.. a presumably huge open world packed with cinematics, audio and Rockstar's typical level of attention to detail.

CoD is a 5-6 hour campaign, a multiplayer suite and a battle royale that all share the same assets. Not to be "armchair dev" about it but why the hell is it this big..

PC version storage was reduced

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
That's a 100 gb extra more than PC. I believe it

PC got adjusted to 82GB, it's 200GB more than PC.

BOCW-PC-SPECS.png

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I will never buy a CoD game ever again if the file sizes are this big going forward. Insanity.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Any way for reviewers to check if games are not using stuff like Oodle Texture? It's free. Maybe it came too late for launch games, but if so, updates would be welcome.

If games don't use stuff like that, it should honestly start affecting scores...

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Seems fake to me -- we already know Cold War multiplayer is only 50GB, so campaign is 235GB? No way.

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's erm, insane...
Can't be true?
Surely you can choose what to install?

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
That Ronald Reagan model sure is heavy. I guess his bigotry add too many GBs.

Jumpman23

Nov 14, 2017
Future next gen games shipping on their own SSD's confirmed. Welcome back to cartridges...Neo Geo style, lol.