• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
oh my god lol. how big is modern warfare right now? this is absolutely insane!

Oct 25, 2017
This game has both MW2019 and BOCW specific assets because of the Warzone mode which is shared between the two games.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
All the other specs say 175... What's so special about the ULTRA RTX that it's taking up 75 more GB?

Plum

May 31, 2018
This game is really gonna take up half of my PS5's SSD on launch day...

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
The thing the PS6 gen should focus on is better SSDs (or even M2s), more storage and better compression for games. It will be hard with 8K, but they should at least try and do something about it, because it's getting out of hand with storage honestly.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
This doesn't include Warzone..... (at least that's what I think).

This shit is nonsense. What the hell they are doing with compression? That can't be right.... raw data for sure...

EDIT: Just to be clear... they say MP takes 50Gb, which isn't even close to what Warzone takes on the SSD. The rest must be Zombies and SP.

Throw Warzone 2.0 in there..... 400Gb easily.

This won't be good for the Series S SSD......

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Jesus. Not a big deal for me since I don't have data caps, and I largely buy them later on a sale, play the campaign and then trade it in again, but I imagine for those who 1) have data caps and/or 2) actually play these for an extended period, it must be hell to have to mess with all of that.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Nah. Ugh.

edit: oh. 50 gb for MP. That's reasonable. 250gb if you want 4k textures and all game modes?

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
c53.gif

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Players during the entire Modern Warfare lifecycle: Please shrink the filesize!
Activison for Black Ops Cold War: fuck you

I was gonna put Warzone on the PS5 hoping the file size this time around would be much better, but now.... ugh

Nov 5, 2017
That's an entire value/budget priced SSD! Pretty soon, if this trend keeps up, COD will take up 1TB SSD and even the next gen consoles will have trouble installing this game...LOL!

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That would take me 18 hours just to download, ~13 discounting the multiplayer, though those are install sizes, so not sure how much actual data would be needed to download.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Nope.

Activision can fuck off with this shit. None of the recent COD games have even come close to justifying their size. The devs either forgot what compression is or Activision has mandated that they keep the file sizes large so that people are more inclined to keep COD downloaded for fear of having to redownload that ridiculous amount of GBs. Either way, they can fuck off.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017

Be interesting what the total size is when both of them are installed as people who play Cod will still be playing Warzone.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Instead of giving night vision goggles or an rc-xd for collectors editions how about a nice SSD instead

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
It's 175GB without RTX 4k. That being said this probably doesn't include warzone plus the game gets ridiculous heavy updates so it's damn well gonna grow.

It's important to point out that not to long ago, IW made it possible to download Campaign, MP and COOP separately.

So it's up to 250gb depending what you downloaded.