• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna take Ghost off of my classes, I'm seen all the time anyway. A lot of kill cams show people knowing where I am so it's absolutely pointless. More attachments for my guns I guess!

VAPR + Rapid fire, Silencer and High Caliber is my boi at the moment. Doesn't take long to unlock the camos at all with that.

PallasAthens

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 11, 2018
3 in the morning

only 60 players in this blackout lobby

is it getting hard to fill lobbies?

I should say I'm pc tbh..

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna take Ghost off of my classes, I'm seen all the time anyway. A lot of kill cams show people knowing where I am so it's absolutely pointless. More attachments for my guns I guess!

VAPR + Rapid fire, Silencer and High Caliber is my boi at the moment. Doesn't take long to unlock the camos at all with that.

Yeah, what is up with that? I've noticed it too.

3 in the morning

only 60 players in this blackout lobby

is it getting hard to fill lobbies?

Probably all the streamers heading back to Fortnite.

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
So I bought both the PC and PS4 versions to play with friends, and here's the thing, both versions are asking me to open the same port (UDP 3074) to have an open NAT.
I can't open the same port for different IPs, so... Do I have to keep changing the router settings every time or is there some way around this?
It's just tedious to do each time I play on a different system.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Dead silence is the one to keep

A lot of people, including myself use acoustic sensor. Dead silence nullifies that

It also makes your footsteps harder to hear, and footsteps are another way to know where you are

Last edited:

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Dead silence is the one to keep

A lot of people, including myself use acoustic sensor. Dead silence nullifies that

It also makes your footsteps harder to hear, and footsteps are another way to know where you are

I have that on all of my classes, using the wildcard for Ghost but no point in it really.

I usually have Engineer, Cold Blooded and Dead Silence plus Ghost, my gun and attachments. Going to have to think about Scavenger too because I keep running out of ammo.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
My God the stuttering last night on Xbox was horrific.

Yep, it started off so well for me in control, people were playing the objective and sticking together, it was going so well, but recent games have been a different tale, now probably 20% of the lobbies I get in people play together and play the objective.

It's like people just want to steamroll teams and if they have to battle it out at all they aint interested and just quit the lobby.

This is going to happen until they put in leaver penalties, which I'm guessing they won't do until the competitive season starts in December. Right now we're essentially dealing with the same problem in every team based objective mode like Overwatch Quick Play - anything goes and no one gives two shits.

@ShenmueGuru

Nov 7, 2017
In regards to Blackout, which I have been playing since launch, have they drastically reduced the weapon spawns? I remember it wasn't that difficult to get a good setup almost immediately, wherever you landed. But now it feels like every game takes a very long time and also a lot of searching to even get something other than a shotgun or handgun, if you are lucky to get that at all. It just makes it more frustrating considering 99% of the time, you are in a firefight within minutes of landing. I have tried A LOT of different landing locations too.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
In regards to Blackout, which I have been playing since launch, have they drastically reduced the weapon spawns? I remember it wasn't that difficult to get a good setup almost immediately, wherever you landed. But now it feels like every game takes a very long time and also a lot of searching to even get something other than a shotgun or handgun, if you are lucky to get that at all. It just makes it more frustrating considering 99% of the time, you are in a firefight within minutes of landing. I have tried A LOT of different landing locations too.

Try landing in Array. I always walk out of there with level 2 armor and a ton of loot.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The fact that you can put hellstorms on enemy spawn locations is a joke for a game released in 2018. I hate dying in this way, and more importantly I don't like getting kills like this either, it's cheesy as fuck.
Killstreaks in general feel archaic / stupid. Giving players who're already performing well the ability to pretty much 1-button destroy a team is just stupid. It makes for a fun experience for one player and a terrible one for the 5 on the other team.

Back when it was 3-5-7 it wasn't so bad but these days CoD killstreaks are so bombastic and over the top, they can cause a team to completely snowball. Not only that but they actively promote camping, just a bad mechanic all around.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
"Hey guys, let's make a one shot to the upper body sniper, and then give it an ELO scope"

Treyarch pls

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
Unlocked Recon for Blackout. Wasnt as hard as i thought. Got the coins, camped til i was able to get to the final 13. Got killed but made sure i was close enough to edge of storm for them not to loot me.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
My least favorite thing playing Blackout is having to cross the farm area in the middle. Holy crap is that stressful.

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
Killstreaks in general feel archaic / stupid. Giving players who're already performing well the ability to pretty much 1-button destroy a team is just stupid. It makes for a fun experience for one player and a terrible one for the 5 on the other team.

Back when it was 3-5-7 it wasn't so bad but these days CoD killstreaks are so bombastic and over the top, they can cause a team to completely snowball. Not only that but they actively promote camping, just a bad mechanic all around.

I was telling a friend this exact same thing last night. You are rewarding the team that is already winning only further snowballing them to victory. Not to mention most of these streaks are spawn killing in nature and rage inducing. Some of them last long enough to be spawn killed 3-4 times in a row.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I was telling a friend this exact same thing last night. You are rewarding the team that is already winning only further snowballing them to victory. Not to mention most of these streaks are spawn killing in nature and rage inducing. Some of them last long enough to be spawn killed 3-4 times in a row.
Perfect example of snowballing...

It's so much fun tho.

I faced a really great team last night, during a livestream I did, and they got the strike team twice, we were the ones getting snowballed, but we worked together as a team, and still won (on firing range). It was like 200-197, and that felt so good. We were on the receiving end and still won

Edit: found it, around 48 minutes

The enemy destroyed us with streaks, but we still did our best and won. I remember the guy then later boasting about how he bodied us... But... They lost lol

Last edited:

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Getting back into CoD MP modern for the first time in years and would appreciate a bit of advice on loadouts and what to concentrate on at low levels as I'm getting my ass kicked on most one-on-ones even when I have the drop on the opponent. So only level 6 or 7 so unlocked Create a Class recently. Got a couple of standard set-ups by gun type defined, just feeling heavy out gunned due to lack of attachments to my guns - or possibly maybe it might be just my old man skillz :-). Do I just suck it up for a while whilst I learn and unlock or is it really just me being a bit shit? If I pick one of the standard loadouts you have access to from the start do I still level the guns or not? Ta.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting back into CoD MP modern for the first time in years and would appreciate a bit of advice on loadouts and what to concentrate on at low levels as I'm getting my ass kicked on most one-on-ones even when I have the drop on the opponent. So only level 6 or 7 so unlocked Create a Class recently. Got a couple of standard set-ups by gun type defined, just feeling heavy out gunned due to lack of attachments to my guns - or possibly maybe it might be just my old man skillz :-). Do I just suck it up for a while whilst I learn and unlock or is it really just me being a bit shit? If I pick one of the standard loadouts you have access to from the start do I still level the guns or not? Ta.

Pick the Titan (LMG) or ICR-7, stick with these and level them up all the way.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
*sigh*

I miss the days of modern warfare and being able to take down helicopters with 2 RPGs. You also had to earn all 7 of those kills to get that chopper.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
*sigh*

I miss the days of modern warfare and being able to take down helicopters with 2 RPGs. You also had to earn all 7 of those kills to get that chopper.

Well The problem isn't totally the helicopter. You've also got a dog chasing you into a mesh mine while getting fragged by a nade launcher as the chopper is reigning down bullets everywhere. Whoops- I forgot the Hellstorm missles coming straight for you at the same time.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man... I don't know if maybe I should try streaming more often... And next time include my mic so people can hear me... Maybe later start with a Playstation camera at first so that you get gameplay, voice, and video.... Maybe stream on twitch and/or YouTube.... I wonder if I should give this all a shot, or if it would be a waste of time

Nov 1, 2017
The HDR in this is real bad, gotta jack up the brightness to not strain my eyes

Really digging it though

Ok so its not just me. Maps in WWII in HDR looked incredible. I went from a 10 year old TV to a brand new one right before BLOPS IIII and the upgrade to WWII visuals was significant. The colors in BLOPS have always stood out to me but yeah, the HDR effect for me isn't as pronounced for some reason.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Perfect example of snowballing...

It's so much fun tho.

I faced a really great team last night, during a livestream I did, and they got the strike team twice, we were the ones getting snowballed, but we worked together as a team, and still won (on firing range). It was like 200-197, and that felt so good. We were on the receiving end and still won

Edit: found it, around 48 minutes

The enemy destroyed us with streaks, but we still did our best and won. I remember the guy then later boasting about how he bodied us... But... They lost lol

What are your favorite loadouts?

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I'm not sure if I just have old man eyes, but man do I struggle seeing people in Blackout. I'm playing on a 55 inch 4k TV off of a PS4 Pro, and I swear that there are times I just completely miss players from range, and sometimes even people up close either indoors or in shaded areas. It's odd because I don't have this problem in Fortnite. I also still have a problem identifying items on the ground until I'm right up on them, it's led to some embarrassing deaths.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sure thing, this is my exact configuration, even beyond just my class for weapon

My class:
Vapr
Helio sight
Silencer
Stock
Rapid fire

Acoustic sensor
Scavenger
Lightweight (or gun-ho)
Dead silence

Other things that are helping:

Using Headsets
Audio setting to supercrunch
Music off (0)
Controller vibration off

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017

Yep

Do Hardcore modes have killstreaks?
I'm almost inclined to exclusively play that mode and it feels like the snowballing is getting worse

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if I just have old man eyes, but man do I struggle seeing people in Blackout. I'm playing on a 55 inch 4k TV off of a PS4 Pro, and I swear that there are times I just completely miss players from range, and sometimes even people up close either indoors or in shaded areas. It's odd because I don't have this problem in Fortnite. I also still have a problem identifying items on the ground until I'm right up on them, it's led to some embarrassing deaths.

Same with me. I don't get it bc I can easily spot players in pubg and this game looks better.

Oct 29, 2017
I am such a fucking idiot, I started punching my teammate in blackout because he had a red target above him did NOT know he wss my squadmate. If you somehow read this, I am sorry!

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Same with me. I don't get it bc I can easily spot players in pubg and this game looks better.

Between this and the problems with audio, I've had a huge love/hate relationship with the game mode. It plays better than any other BR, but I die so many times to people I either didn't hear or see. It's such a buzzkill.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I understand banning a few select things that just kill people for free like the stupid ass helicopters, but this is utterly ridiculous. Cry baby is definitely the first thing that comes to mind lol. Razor wire? Sensor dart? UAV? Come on, jesus.
UAV is always banned in pro play if I'm not mistaken.

Deleted member 35653

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
First helicopter today. I was using the VAPR with that famous loadout. 0 kills in Loadout, oh well still an achivement for me.