• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
Is there a system to these spawns? Or are they just random in TDM? Honestly they are awful

If it's anything like past CoDs, then opponents will generally spawn where your team mates don't spawn. It's honestly quite predictable once you put enough time into these games and hone that skill.

In other news, the way Zombies has a completely different UI and 50 different systems cracks me up. Like it's a completely different game.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I decided to give this a try after hating
Ghosts
AW
Blops 3
Infinite
WW2

And I must say. This is the most fun I have had since blops 2

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm currently playing multiplayer on PC. I'm doing okay. I'm nowhere near what I was on Black Ops II. The jumping everywhere and super shotguns are getting annoying.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen some people have success with the pump shotgun but can the auto shotty at least be good with attachments?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Got back-to-back Blackout wins (one was my first, after like 6 2nd places), starting to get a feel for it, but still not sure if it's for me. My big issues are the looting/inventory management, it's actual shit on a controller, I'd honestly prefer it to just be like PC, but controlled with the stick (like Destiny's inventory system), not great, but anything is better than the current system and the armour system, it's just too important for late game, but there's no real way to get it at that point, so just encourages you to play really slow and passive and makes the last 20-30 last too long. Maybe it'll win me over, I definitely enjoyed my time today more than yesterday and it does get really tense.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Uhm I thought the SG12 is supposed to be a shotgun not a sniper...Fucking hell I got killed by it from quite a distance

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
The sound design is definitely bad. I don't use headphones but I have surround speakers behind me, and I noticed within minutes of playing for the first time how weird missed gunfire sounds. It seems more like I'm being shot from behind even though that's not the case.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure what is going on or if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm constantly getting knocked out very quickly. This is happening in most of games.. Maybe one second of taking fire. For example in my last game, I had 200 health, level 2 armor and I got taken down in about a seconds worth of shots..

Meanwhile, most of the time when I'm firing at someone, I can go through most of a magazine of ammo and they survive. I'm talking 3-4 seconds of constant fire. I typically run an AR like a VAPR, KN or Rampart. This game is fun, but I'm getting really frustrated whe nI die so quickly and it's so much harder for me to get kills. I don't know what I could be doing wrong..

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I can't get a completely stutter free game on PC :(
Especially blackout during combat it happens a lot.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Firebreak is so fucking good in Control in narrow maps with lots of cover (like Summit). Just hide behind a wall and melt everyone with Reactor Core

Also, the Titan LMG has quickly become one of my favourite weapons in the game, love it

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Alright. Honest question.

What actually is the positive contribution to the game of score/killstreaks? I really don't get it. All they seem to do is reward a player who is already doing well with a button that gets them more kills. The only outcome seems to be one or more players get to have less fun for a few moments. Like the airstrikes - why even bother, just let them press a button and have a random number of the enemy team's players die. It's the same thing.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any difference between the Pro and the X? Picked up the X version just so I can use the elite controller but that's basically it. But in terms of performance, graphics and player count, is there a difference?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Alright. Honest question.

What actually is the positive contribution to the game of score/killstreaks? I really don't get it. All they seem to do is reward a player who is already doing well with a button that gets them more kills. The only outcome seems to be one or more players get to have less fun for a few moments. Like the airstrikes - why even bother, just let them press a button and have a random number of the enemy team's players die. It's the same thing.
It's a reward for doing well. I usually just run the UAVs though, as I don't really enjoy using the killstreaks much.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
How's Prophet? The robot ability seems to be a free kill

It's good right now because a lot of people don't run Engineer or know the sound cue, but for me it's just an indicator of where I need to go to sneak up behind him. You can also just use a good hip-fire weapon and mow him down when he thinks he's got you dead to rights.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Playing through the "single player" training missions, it's hard work, can't wait to get through this and get into multiplayer.

"Yeah bra, shoot that fucker, use the fucking thing to blow that other shit up, fucking well done. Now, fucking stop a second, check out this fucking grenade, it fucking splits into fucking 6 and then electric scorpions come out and fuck those fuckers up"

This is a far cry from the last COD I played.

Yeah I've been trying to go through them too. They are okay, but I'm not crazy about it much either. I might watch the backstories but not finish the actual gameplay lol. I hate how they make you do a TDM at the end.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, I'm craving a new MP game but I just don't have the time, have to finish TR before RDR2 hits, and then it's all RDR2 :/

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Really enjoying Blackout so far...got a win last night by finding a Little Bird and just flying it around until the final circle and then killing the other player left when it finally malfunctioned.

Def. cheese, too easy if no one shoots you down...

Brandwin

Jan 1, 2018
Got first squad win last night. Same team a few games later, we are in a helicopter shooting down. Teammate throws a cluster and blows us all up

Oct 27, 2017
Having a blast so far. Probably the only thing that annoys me is that alot of people do not pick up the dog tags for Kill Confirmed

Brandwin

Jan 1, 2018
My main issue with Blackout, and maybe there is some tips somewhere, is knowning what gun to keep or drop for others .

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Blackout is dedicated servers. Regular MP/Zombies is that Hybrid P2P/Server client non-sense they have been using for some time now.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
Team death match matchmaking on Xbox seems to be taking longer than I'd expect for launch weekend.

Could just be my connection. I wonder how the player base split between the platforms.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Same here. I'm finding it pretty irritating. My friend has a pro too but says it's not that bad for him. Can this sort of thing vary console to console?

I wondered whether it's because he has it digitally whereas I have it on disc?

I have a Pro and have it digitally, which is weird.

As far as regular multiplayer is concerned, I find with SMGs you pretty much need hybrid mags or extended mags if you want to stay alive. After every gunfight you need to heal and reload given the time to kill, and you can't do both before someone else hears or sees your shots.

I'm finding success with the DMR for this reason, as it's a 3ish shot kill with a 20 round mag. Don't have to reload as much.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Hardcore kill confirmed is my jam.

A fully kitted out ICR-7 (Quickdraw, FMJ, Long Barrel) is wrecking people at any range and Recon helps with the assists.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Are you guys having trouble finding Blackout games with high player count? I can only find games with 30, 35 people max...
Yeah. I don't understand it. I'm doing solo games right now but there's no way in hell there's only 30 people searching for a match on launch weekend. Something must be up with their match finder. It's really frustrating to have to wait so long to play a match, especially in a game mode such as battle royale of which rounds can be very short