• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tried out the APC for a little bit- needs a complete overhaul. There's just no sense of weight behind the vehicle, it turns like a professional ice skater rather than churning up the earth as it slowly moves into your intended position, and the cannon feels like a pea shooter. Of course no destruction means it bounces off the walls and map objects, rather than interacting.

The lack of map interactivity compared to BF is also a let down. Even things like puddles don't seem to react when shot?

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Nvidia gave me a free beta code for the PC version decided might as well install it since I had today off work

I started playing it and enjoying myself I've bought every CoD except WW2 but played less and less each time (barely played BO4)

So I was excited and I thought that I'm probably gonna buy this when it comes out

Then I remembered it's Activision and there will no doubt be loot boxes in the game (after launch and all the reviews so they've got the good review scores and people's money) and it will no doubt be "just cosmetics" at first then will have OP weapons in the boxes or something similar

Oh well will most likely skip this

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
Realism mode is great. Played my first match of TDM in Realism mode and i was top of the charts and got a chopper gunner killstreak at one point. I was getting my ass handed to me in regular TDM, headquarters, etc the last day or so.

Shows how much people rely on the UAV radar and minimap. Not saying it to gloat, just that the skill level distribution totally changes when you take those crutches away.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Realism mode is great. Played my first match of TDM in Realism mode and i was top of the charts and got a chopper gunner killstreak at one point. I was getting my ass handed to me in regular TDM, headquarters, etc the last day or so.

Shows how much people rely on the UAV radar and minimap. Not saying it to gloat, just that the skill level distribution totally changes when you take those crutches away.

theres still UAV in realism?

Realism is awesome. Love having no minimap or hud. They just need to go further with it. There should not be killstreaks.

this 100% i was disappointed by that

Kill chain is so good. Feels like MW2 again. Never taking it off lol
can you explain? I dont quite get it from menu description

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Are there already hackers on this now? or is Ghost not working?

I've literally had people pop around a corner where I was hiding as though they "knew" I was there somehow, like literally just got out of a match where I flanked around to a small corner of a building and was hiding, waiting to ambush the people that'd come through and somehow this one guy literally HOPPED right in front of me (with his crosshairs right where I was crouched down) and killed me, he knew I was there even though I had ghost on and was waiting there for like a minute.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Are there already hackers on this now? or is Ghost not working?

I've literally had people pop around a corner where I was hiding as though they "knew" I was there somehow, like literally just got out of a match where I flanked around to a small corner of a building and was hiding, waiting to ambush the people that'd come through and somehow this one guy literally HOPPED right in front of me (with his crosshairs right where I was crouched down) and killed me, he knew I was there even though I had ghost on and was waiting there for like a minute.

There are some pretty popular angles that people like to camp, so he was probably familiar with the map and knew to check that spot.

Oct 25, 2017
For console people, how do you have your aiming settings? I have mine on linear ramp/ precision aim assist with 6 on both horizontal and vertical. I'm curious what everybody else has.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Played a dozen or so rounds, was pretty fun. Really like the play options available.... might be my first day 1 COD since advanced warfare.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
It looks fantastic on X especially with HDR at least on a C9. It's really sharp looking it's using dynamic res, correct? However it's looks native 4K.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else on Xbox getting disconncted with a "Dev Error" when trying to load into a match?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Toyed around with some more guns then deleted. Ground War is pretty fun, but this game is just way too messy for me to get at launch. I'll check it out down the line to see if it's smoothed out at all.

That MK2 lever action rifle is a better shotgun than either shotgun as far as close quarters engagement is concerned. Put short barrel on it (and not too much else) and run wild.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Played on the pc. Unfortunately the game doesn't support DS4 on pc nor does it have the playstation layout for it so I guess I'll just stick to the ps4 version as I'm too use to that controller for Call of Duty.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Played on the pc. Unfortunately the game doesn't support DS4 on pc nor does it have the playstation layout for it so I guess I'll just stick to the ps4 version as I'm too use to that controller for Call of Duty.
You should be able to use steam for that I think? You would get the xbox prompts in game though. I add the battle.net launcher .exe as a non steam game to my library and just title it Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. That launches battle.net with the steam overlay and then when you start the game it should still have steam overlay and you can have all the steam input configuration there.

I do it to use the steam controller but I think it should be the same. Just wouldn't get DS4 prompts in game from what you said.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ended finally getting a chopper gunner in TDM on my last match.

Ran out of ammo at one point with the MP7 and had to switch to Deagle.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Is it just me or does the game look blurry and ugly on PS4 pro? I feel like it's not even in 4K. Graphics were hyped but this is a letdown.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
So is this gonna be the one that brings back the PC community?

Still wrapping my head around cross-play and don't know If I'll get the ps4 pro version or pc.

Last edited:

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh...i used a DS4 on PC and the game recognized it without problems. Prompts were working as well.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Using a controller against M/KB really is jarring (was using Xbox playing with two PC friends, one of whom had M/KB). I feel like I have no chance against M/KB, like everybody feels as good as or better than the best controller players.

But I absolutely love that it's a thing at all. I also have to give credit to Microsoft for making Xbox chat functionality through Windows 10 as we were all in a flawless party chat.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

Still wrapping my head around cross-play and don't know If I'll get the ps4 pro version or pc.

Everyoen was so certain that Black Ops 4 was gonna be it especially because of the BR mode, yet by the time the first major update hit, the PC version was a graveyard, despite the strong start.
So only time will tell, but I'm skeptical.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a long month until retail releases.

Despite the issues I had with the beta (frame drops, disconnects, odd lag, spawns, some texture delays) I think infinity ward has a quality iteration here.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Everyoen was so certain that Black Ops 4 was gonna be it especially because of the BR mode, yet by the time the first major update hit, the PC version was a graveyard, despite the strong start.
Yeah, I'm skeptical too.

Like, how will the PC community react once the microtransactions start ramping up mid-season?

I can't imagine it'll be pretty even though I think the game is fun.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Probably the best CoD I've ever played. Totally in love with this game.

Using a controller against M/KB really is jarring (was using Xbox playing with two PC friends, one of whom had M/KB). I feel like I have no chance against M/KB, like everybody feels as good as or better than the best controller players.

IMO using a gamepad vs M+KB is a huge handicap when it comes to long range engagements.
In the menus I saw the option to turn off crossplay, hope there will be an option to turn off "cross-inputdevice play".

Last edited:

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
You're not alone, it looks blurry as fuck for me too :/

Yeah I think I'm not going to pick it up unless they announce some kind of fix. Even turning all the blur and film effects off and some of the settings down to low its still kind of a soft and blurry looking game.

Ground War feels like a worse version of MAG, being spawn killed is still a constant issue. Search and Destroy and other team modes in Realism mode will still be fun but honestly I feel like CoD multiplayer hasn't been great since MW1. (Bear in mind I'm not a die hard CoD guy but I played a ton of MW1) I'll probably wait for some updates before I buy if at all which is a shame because the idea of rebooting with that MW1 feel sounded so great.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I buy yearly call of duty but I never play them as I actually didn't like and missed modern warfare too much. Black ops 4 I played once and that was it
But damn this one is amazing. ....

on Xbox one X. I would never buy it on PS4 pro after the beta. Let alone PS4/ Xbox classic. So ugly. But one one X it's a real looker. Can't wait

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
This has been an incredibly frustrating experience for me and I just can't get a feel for if it's me or the game. I've played terrible this entire beta, I feel as if half my deaths involve bullets magnetizing towards my body where as I'm shooting magnets at enemies covered in magnets. It appears as if these people are playing battlefield and sniping me from across the map at times as they're leading my body by like 10 feet as they're shooting even though I'm like 5 meters away from them, though it seems to work as they'll be getting constant hit markers. Meanwhile I'm painting outlines of these people on the wall like it's fucking Pulp Fiction.

I started watching killcams because I was so upset and while there's definitely some good players that laser me, it seems almost half the people that kill me are shooting at me as if I were a word on a piece of paper that they were trying to cross out, definitely playing on a couple points of sensitivity too high. Yet even then while doing that two maybe three stray bullets will manage to tag me and kill me. Meanwhile I'm like 6 hit markers deep and their still standing high and mighty as if the worst thing that has happened to them is a mosquito bite.

I've been feeling such a major disconnect with the game, I'm not really rusty at CoD anymore after playing BO4. I mean BO4 was my first CoD game in like 3-4 releases and I still did plenty fine in the beta, around a 2.0 kdr, I think I ended up around 3.5 in the actual game. I don't even know if you can check kdr in this game but I can almost say for certain I'm under 1.0 after just hitting level 30.

And while getting shot after you physically get behind a wall has always been a lag related thing in these games, I'm getting instances where I've been behind a wall for a full second or two which if you think about it is a crazy amount of time, but I'll die anyway and in the killcam I never even got behind the wall. Maybe an internet related problem thing on my end, I don't know, but CoD lag has never been this bad for me, and back in the CoD 4 days I was playing on a 756kbps DSL connection with terribly high ping.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Nah

In the menus I saw the option to turn off crossplay, hope there will be an option to turn off "cross-inputdevice play".

I'm like 99% certain there are two "levels" of crossplay: true crossplay where everyone, across all platforms and input devices, play together (off by default) and input-based crossplay, where everyone playing with controllers no matter the platform play together and everyone playing with M+KB no matter the platform play together (on by default). I hope I'm right at least, cause I'm gonna buy the PC version and play with a controller exclusively, so I obviously want to be matched with just other controller users.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
This has been an incredibly frustrating experience for me and I just can't get a feel for if it's me or the game. I've played terrible this entire beta, I feel as if half my deaths involve bullets magnetizing towards my body where as I'm shooting magnets at enemies covered in magnets.

Hmmm, I did have some laggy rounds here and there, but overall MW plays by the same rules as WWII did (last CoD I played).
I started out very bad (sub 1.0 k/d) in this BETA as well before I figured out that footsteps and shooting first but accurate are massive in this CoD.
If you sprint into the cave for example that's almost a guaranteed death. (On PS4) waiting for a good angle/position when attacking is also more important than in previous games. The auto-aim feels less snappy in this one.
Had a bunch of people turn around on me and kill me because I was too trigger happy.

I hope I'm right at least, cause I'm gonna buy the PC version and play with a controller exclusively, so I obviously want to be matched with just other controller users.

Me too. Don't mind playing with you on PC if you use a gamepad. Truly hope they'll sort it out.
Thing is, I know the CoD community. Some of these people would kill their moms to improve their K/D ratio by 0.1.

My biggest fear is people "spoofing" gamepads and actually playing with M-KB :/

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
It's still COD. I don't know if it's changed nearly enough for me to really get into it. I decided I was done with this kind of pvp shooter way back on like, MW3. Realism is a little better though. Maybe SnD realism will be better too.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
[
Nah

I'm like 99% certain there are two "levels" of crossplay: true crossplay where everyone, across all platforms and input devices, play together (off by default) and input-based crossplay, where everyone playing with controllers no matter the platform play together and everyone playing with M+KB no matter the platform play together (on by default). I hope I'm right at least, cause I'm gonna buy the PC version and play with a controller exclusively, so I obviously want to be matched with just other controller users.

As far as I know the first crossplay where both mouse and keyboard AND controller users are in the same match doesn't exist. I use a controller on PC and am only matched up against controller-users. In fact there's rarely ever another PC player in a match, maybe one or two. I don't have the sweatiness for mouse and keyboard FPS games lol

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Decided to give it one more chance. I know it's a beta and all, but having 3 guys on the other team under the map somehow really soured it.

The next game I played, I got spawn sniped constantly again. Time to die is way too fast. This game is not enjoyable whatsoever.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like Ground War is too ambitious for this engine, it makes the overall package rather unpolished. I don't understand why they added it.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Me too. Don't mind playing with you on PC if you use a gamepad. Truly hope they'll sort it out.
Thing is, I know the CoD community. Some of these people would kill their moms to improve their K/D ratio by 0.1.

My biggest fear is people "spoofing" gamepads and actually playing with M-KB :/

Cheaters are a frustratingly ingenious lot at times for sure, but I wouldn't worry too much. If exploits are found, I'm sure IW will be patching them fast.

As far as I know the first crossplay where both mouse and keyboard AND controller users are in the same match doesn't exist. I use a controller on PC and am only matched up against controller-users. In fact there's rarely ever another PC player in a match, maybe one or two. I don't have the sweatiness for mouse and keyboard FPS games lol

There's been some speculation as to whether or not the beta is buggy or what's up, but I've definitely played a small handful of games with mixed inputs. Maybe 5 or 6 M+KB games that had some controller users in them and one controller match that had M+KB users in it, so not a ton or anything, but it's happened.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Until they bring back the option for dedicated servers and a server browser (like BO2, a game which still has people playing) it will have a longer shelf life.
Until then, expect this to be basically dead by Christmas.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It really doesn't matter in the end though. Crossplay ensures that there will always be people to play with across all modes regardless of a single platforms population.