• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
If the graphics stay the way they are, will you still buy?

It's so blurry and soft that it almost hurts my eyes.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
The more I play, the more I think IW is trying to please two crowds at once and fails to go far enough away from the old while designing for the new. Which really makes a mess of the whole thing. Things like bunny hop spraying that takes advantage of net code and fucking quickscoping that takes advantage of auto aim should go completely away. If they want to have a realistic battlefield experience, so much more needs to be addressed. The veil of expectation is gone now, and what I am playing is unexpectedly same ole same old with some new paint and many more issues because of the half hearted attempt at new experiences that try to take on Battlefield, but fail to actually "get there"

Disappointed am I.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I generally disagree with this line of thinking in most games. Usually when people complain about "netcode" or "unfairness", they're really just trying to pass the buck to anything that can explain away their own mistakes. I'm not saying that netcode issues don't exist, but you will never see high-skill players legitimately complaining about it.

Also, think about it from the other side: if your TTD is lower than your TTK, isn't that also true for the people you shoot at, making the entire argument null?

Maybe, I couldn't say. I don't really mind it. I use the oden and a shotgun with stopping power rounds so most things I hit first die very fast. I also avoid long sightlines and use stim if I peek and get wounded. I'm having a blast.

Also restock with proximity mines for everyone. I haven't run into bad camping situations but I play hq, domination, and cyber attack pretty much exclusively.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I don't understand the complaints about the TTK. It's *meant* to be this fast.

I think it comes down to personal preference. At least for me, it's comparing it to other fps games I enjoy and wishing the TTK was longer in COD games. Battlefield is probably COD's most direct competitor, and its TTK seems twice or even 3 times as long. I tend to like those firefights more because of the type of engagement it offers. More of a chance to evade or counter attack rather than twitch reaction. Other COD's definitely have faster TTK's. Someone recently countered that with data, but I find it hard to believe. Blops 4's TTK is most obviously longer, I know because I've played a lot recently.

I personally think the standard TTK should have always been considerably higher, especially since hardcore mode exists. If you want ultra twitch rather than extended gunfights, go hardcore. If not that, make a fast TTK standard like it is but add a long TTK mode and call it "very un-hardcore, like you gotta pump a mag into this fucker before he drops".

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018
Lol... so I've figured out how to do the glitch where you can walk under the map and kill enemies from underground. Dick move but I had to... It was actually really funny hahaha. I caught one of my squads doing it. I thought I was crazy and tried it and it worked perfectly.

Hopefully they will patch it in the final game.

If the graphics stay the way they are, will you still buy?

It's so blurry and soft that it almost hurts my eyes.
PC. Yes. Xbox One X, no.

I don't have a gaming GPU atm, but playing this on Xbox is ok.. but boy the graphics sure do look ugly... or blurry I should say. Again it's beta so it may change.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Realism mode is my shit.

I wish they would have brought back regular gunfight today though.

Edit: Wait, wtf? There's still killstreaks in this mode?

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
To those who are complaining of softness, which platform are you playing on and what is your display resolution?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping they'd drop NVG Realism for the beta, because that's the mode I wanted to play the most. Guess i'm waiting until launch

Realism is currently a god damn joke.

"Removes all HUD elements" and yet the game still displays the enemies name above them, and you can still have the mini-map in the top left.

If you say "removes all HUD elements", just do it 100% and not half-assed. This could be THE hardcore mode with those changes.

Edit: Oh, and lock people out from seeing the scoreboard so noone has a clue who is in the lead.

I think they said they were working on this

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Realism is awesome. Love having no minimap or hud. They just need to go further with it. There should not be killstreaks.

I would've loved to try the normal modes without a minimal but guess the community had to mess up that chance.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
This game on pc is too easy. Only played 4 games and was top each time. I'm baffled at people who think they can go up against keyboard and mouse with a controller.

Ground war PS4 pro performance is garbage and jarring.

I do love the cross platform progression, it's somehting I wish battlefield did, makes buying it on pc a choice .

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
Good lord the complaints about the bunny hop and drop shots. I don't even use them myself and I'm still having fun. It's not that big of an issue imo.

To those who are complaining of softness, which platform are you playing on and what is your display resolution?

PC. 1080p...everything on high/ultra. The game looks muddy. It doesn't look sharp until I hit 4K...which is weird, because usually 1440p to me looks sharp enough.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
Probably not. I played the pc beta and it seems like just another cod. Im interested in the SP but prob wont get it to later down the road.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
Good lord the complaints about the bunny hop and drop shots. I don't even use them myself and I'm still having fun. It's not that big of an issue imo.

PC. 1080p...everything on high/ultra. The game looks muddy. It doesn't look sharp until I hit 4K...which is weird, because usually 1440p to me looks sharp enough.

I think it looked alright on PC, but i did get random frame drops on killcam.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
This game on pc is too easy. Only played 4 games and was top each time. I'm baffled at people who think they can go up against keyboard and mouse with a controller.

How are you doing this? or better yet, why are you doing this? You're supposed to either be in a M/KB or Controller lobby....not a mix of both. Edit: I didn't realize this was possible at first. Putting this here to divert all future "huh?" replies lol.

Last edited:

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
I think it looked alright on PC, but i did get random frame drops on killcam.

I mean yeah it's not terrible...but I was expecting a bit more I guess. I'm wondering if the PC version will end up looking a lot better upon release. Especially because I don't seem to see any HDR/RTX support in the beta.

Think you misread my post. I was playing against other k/m. I'm just making a point how superior k/m and it makes the game too easy imo.

Yeah I guess I misunderstood you. The line "I'm baffled at people who think they can go up against keyboard and mouse with a controller" had me thinking you were playing M/KB Vs. Controller. I see now you were referring to other people in here who were thinking the controller was better than a M/KB for this game.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How are you doing this? or better yet, why are you doing this? You're supposed to either be in a M/KB or Controller lobby....not a mix of both.

It's often a mix of both and I'm not really sure why. I'm on PC and sometimes I'll get put into a console lobby. Sometimes it'll be half and half. Sometimes it's all PC. Could just be a thing during beta to test it.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
This game is great, dunno with the way it handles and feels it definetly seems like they're catering more to the PC crowd if that makes sense.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
Not who you're quoting but I've had plenty of mixed input lobbies. Console folks have the option to not play with M+KB if they want, but otherwise it's entirely possible.
It's often a mix of both and I'm not really sure why. I'm on PC and sometimes I'll get put into a console lobby. Sometimes it'll be half and half. Sometimes it's all PC. Could just be a thing during beta to test it.

Oh damn, I did not notice this at all when I was playing. This could explain some of the matches where I did terrible lol. How do you notice this in game?

Oct 25, 2017
Playing it on PC was immediately an improvement thanks to visuals and IQ improvements- especially after I turned off film grain. Still have yet to mess with config files. Key bindings also need changing, some weird defaults IMO. I wouldn't touch this on my base PS4 at all- the IQ is woeful.

Not for me though so far. The 64p mode feels like a watered down battlefield with none of the features or polish, and a totally different approach to map and gameplay design. I felt even with a bad round in BF1 I had something to contribute. Here, lacking the super twitchy reflexes of others, there's little for me to offer to the team.

Then on the other modes, it's very much typical COD feeling to me. Unless I play for a dozen or more hours I can never even get close to the reaction times needed to have a half decent round. Even on realism people are leaping around corners like it's still black ops 3.

That said, this will be huge. If you're an existing fan of the series and have awaited a full reinvention, then this is it- huge visual overhaul, improved animations, some innovation in terms of modes, scale and challenges, and the gameplay will really appeal to those who wanted a boots on the ground entry. Plus I'm impressed with the backend QOL improvements- crossplay and cross save. Really positive changes.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw that last night when trying top play with 6 People. I don't remember the limit for ground war in the past but I feel 4 people is way to low. I figured maybe 8 would be a decent size. Hopefully it changed in the full game.

It believe the limit is 4 due to the max squad size in-match being 4. The game doesn't want to split the party up, which makes sense, but I wish there was at least an option.

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
Having to reform the party or restart the client after every game is unacceptable. I cant believe it hasn't been officially addressed, it's really really awful

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was able to find a double barrel loadout I was happy with thanks to stopping power. I love the way the perks/field upgrades work

Had a hilarious HQ game where I was behind a door, and I kept shutting the door whenever an enemy tried to open it.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
How are you doing this? or better yet, why are you doing this? You're supposed to either be in a M/KB or Controller lobby....not a mix of both.
Huh? I've been in multiple games up against console players with controllers now. I assume they just opted in to crossplay with KB/M.

I like the attachments system. Are gun levels locked to 20? I cannot get the lever action to gain anymore XP.

I wish we could have tried more of the pistols! The first two are not very good at all, though the M19 was elevated a lot with attachments.
The pistols are extremely slow without the trigger upgrade, kind of annoying, and it's basically just pointless having a pistol over a launcher you can use to take down enemy UAVs, etc. Still, M19 with the trigger mod, ext. mags, suppressor, and heavy barrel make it a 3 shot kill at a slight medium range and give it a decent fire rate and mag capacity. Stopping power field upgrade I believe will make it two shot kill at pretty short range with those other attachments.

Last edited:

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
Did you set render resolution to 100%? For some reason it's 50% by default on PC.

I did. I changed that first actually because it's the only thing visible until you hit advanced. That then allows you to change the actual res.

When the lobby is formed it shows the inputs and platform. You can't see it anymore after the game starts.
Thanks. I don't know how I missed that. I just saw a screenshot of how it looks online.

Huh? I've been in multiple games up against console players with controllers now. I assume they just opted in to crossplay with KB/M.

Yeah I just didn't even notice. I also just read Activision's blog about how it all works and it is possible to play without no control schemes filters. I really thought I read before it has to be one or the other. So it all makes sense now.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
General visibility and enemy identification in this game is pretty bad. Particularly when looking into buildings or inside some buildings.

All I see some time is a glowy semi outline. But the time I identify an enemy I'm already dying.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why y'all are playing on KB/M. You know by December you will need to use a controller to find matches on PC.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Wanted to play some 2v2 before the beta was over but not available. Bummer.

I think that was the mode that impressed me the most. Even if I lost the loses meant something and I was engaged from beginning to end.

The other modes are COD. I enjoyed headquarters the most but they all feel very mindless and I end up feeling like I lost my time. Just wasting tine aeay. I mean, there were fun moments but still a very empty experience overall.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ground War seems like it going to be great for leveling quickly. Went from 20 to 30 in two matches spamming the tanks (you get a crazy amount of XP for each kill after a 30 killstreak).

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Playing the 64 player mode, sneaking up to the top floor of the enemy controlled C point building and walking through 10+ peeps tunnel visioning the connecting bridge while blasting an extended mag LMG with a 120 round clip is probably the most fun I've had in a Call of Duty game since MW1 or MW2. Performance issues aside, I absolutely love how the game feels and plays. If PC performance is cleaned up a bit on launch definitely picking this up.