• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah to me COD will only be boots on the ground again once jump shooting is not viable. It should get a significant penalty. I absolutely hate that garbage. It's especially bad on consoles because it fucks with the auto aim and benefits people that spend more money on a Gamepad with pedals.

They need to tweak it, but honestly it's not as annoying as it has been in past games. But it would be nice to see it heavily nerfed.

In every other way this feels like the best CoD multiplayer yet to me. Aside from Ground War being a massive clusterfuck.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone here love gunfight just as much as I do? OSP and regular... godamn, just inject it into my veins already.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
This is a dumb post people have been jump shooting in every cod since atleast cod 4 so what you are saying makes about zero sense.

So cod 4, mw2, WW, blops, blops2 ,ghost ECT are not boots on the ground games? Maybe cod just isn't for you and thats fine play something else.

Infinity ward has made this game so random if you can't get into this one maybe cod just isn't your game. They even added better aim assist for players with bad aim.

Your post reminds me of the rediculous shit being posted on the modern warfare sub Reddit.

Your new enhanced aim assist wont do shit against corner hoppers. You are dead moment they enter your screen because thanks to peekers advantage in this combined with momentum from hops they have already killed you at their end.

It's what makes so many 1on1's so frustrating in this as you never feel sure if you got actually out skilled or if him hopping around corners like bunny just fucked you over thanks to how game handles cornering.

Edit: To be clear I got impression from early on interviews etc. that devs intended game to be different CoD, slower and more tactical shooter. Clearly they didn't actually do that, but more same old CoD which is 100% fine as it does please CoD fans who like this hop into mid-air ADS spray into drop shot ADS spray gameplay. Some of us just had different expectation for this MW 2019 based on early interviews and impressions.

Nov 8, 2017
To me the edges are all screwed up and some AA implementations make it look like it has some edge enhancement work done on it but generally edges are still blurry with some loss of IQ.

No AA just looks terrible with the edges.
SMAA looks about the same as filmic SMAA 2X in terms of softness.
Filmic SMAA 1X seems to be a good compromise between detail and the edge artefacts.

But overall it still looks like trash.

It looks like the game is built around temporal reconstruction. I wonder if they'll give us an option to turn it off.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is a weird stuttery mess of warping and freezing and slow motion and speed ups to compensate on my PC. Feels like it's dropping down to 15fps or less at times even though it's constantly at 70fps or whatever my monitor is set at.

On PS4 Pro last week it was fine, it would OCCASIONALLY freeze a bit when re-spawning.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I literally cannot play this without immediately feeling how much better Joint Ops was all those years ago. Not sure what it is about this game, where Battlefield doesn't really make me feel that way.

I think it just feels so small, so limited, so campy, so simple... I mean it's a different kind of game, but they just don't make games like they used to.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Your new enhanced aim assist wont do shit against corner hoppers. You are dead moment they enter your screen because thanks to peekers advantage in this combined with momentum from hops they have already killed you at their end.

It's what makes so many 1on1's so frustrating in this as you never feel sure if you got actually out skilled or if him hopping around corners like bunny just fucked you over thanks to how game handles cornering.

Edit: To be clear I got impression from early on interviews etc. that devs intended game to be different CoD, slower and more tactical shooter. Clearly they didn't actually do that, but more same old CoD which is 100% fine as it does please CoD fans who like this hop into mid-air ADS spray into drop shot ADS spray gameplay. Some of us just had different expectation for this MW 2019 based on early interviews and impressions.

Again let's be clear jumping and drop shotting have been in litterally every cod. Have you ever seen high level pro cod play? I'm gonna take this post as a no. You should go watch some pros play jump shots are part of the game.

My aim assist lol I mostly play competitive cod I don't need the training wheels. Been playing gamebattles since cod 4.

So you want a different game not cod we got siege for that.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
This is a dumb post people have been jump shooting in every cod since atleast cod 4 so what you are saying makes about zero sense.

So cod 4, mw2, WW, blops, blops2 ,ghost ECT are not boots on the ground games? Maybe cod just isn't for you and thats fine play something else.

Infinity ward has made this game so random if you can't get into this one maybe cod just isn't your game. They even added better aim assist for players with bad aim.

Your post reminds me of the rediculous shit being posted on the modern warfare sub Reddit.

Jump shooting was not a popular tactic last generation at all, at least on console. It's always been possible, but it's largely been popularised by streamers and non-standard controllers to the point where it's endemic. Regardless of when it started to be popular doesn't actually matter: Infinity Ward should put in measures to weaken it because it makes a mockery of their game. It's a shitty little exploit, nothing more nothing less.

Again let's be clear jumping and drop shotting have been in litterally every cod. Have you ever seen high level pro cod play? I'm gonna take this post as a no. You should go watch some pros play jump shots are part of the game.

My aim assist lol I mostly play competitive cod I don't need the training wheels. Been playing gamebattles since cod 4.

So you want a different game not cod we got siege for that.

I don't think anyone here gives a flying shit about high level 'pro' CoD play, frankly. It's doesn't justify its inclusion in the game. The last group of people this game should be designed around are those who exploit its failings to be good. Pros know what suits them, not what makes for good games.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I got it, in response to myself.

It's because the intro to Ground War, which looks so cool with all those people loaded on choppers, is like every moment of Joint Ops. But now we have to settle for a non-playable intro.

When you reduce the GAMEPLAY of another game from over a decade ago to a CUTSCENE in a modern game. That's just pure shit.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Jump shooting was not a popular tactic last generation at all, at least on console. It's always been possible, but it's largely been popularised by streamers and non-standard controllers to the point where it's endemic. Regardless of when it started to be popular doesn't actually matter: Infinity Ward should put in measures to weaken it because it makes a mockery of their game. It's a shitty little exploit, nothing more nothing less.

I don't think anyone here gives a flying shit about high level 'pro' CoD play, frankly. It's doesn't justify its inclusion in the game. The last group of people this game should be designed around are those who exploit its failings to be good. Pros know what suits them, not what makes for good games.

Lol it's how good player play the game so you want to dumb the game down for the casual crowd got it. I hate to break it to you but any semi competent cod player jump shots.

People have been jump shooting since cod 4 get a grip it's always been in the game. I and everyone I play with has always used jump shots and drop shots since early cod 4.

the games obviously not for you go play something else.

Oh and Activision does give a shit about high level cod play they have a new franchise pro league that's cost 25-35 million for a spot. they are gonna be pushing competitive hard this year.

I would say 9 teams paying that much each is a damn good reason to design around comp and not clueless casuals.

Last edited:

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I actually am enjoying the chaos of ground war even though I think Battlefield is still better at it. Without killstreaks going off it would be a lot better though. It mainly makes me more excited for when they add Battle Royale. I really enjoyed Blackout until the PC community died. I hope this one is much more popular

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I literally cannot play this without immediately feeling how much better Joint Ops was all those years ago. Not sure what it is about this game, where Battlefield doesn't really make me feel that way.

I think it just feels so small, so limited, so campy, so simple... I mean it's a different kind of game, but they just don't make games like they used to.
Joint Ops was so janky it made Battlefield at the time seemed polished and slick, with good gunplay!

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol it's how good player play the game so you want to dumb the game down for the casual crowd got it. I hate to break it to you but any semi competent cod player jump shots.

People have been jump shooting since cod 4 get a grip it's always been in the game. I and everyone I play with has always used jump shots and drop shots since early cod 4.

Oh and Activision does give a shit about high level cod play they have a new franchise pro league that's cost 25-35 million for a spot. they are gonna be pushing competitive hard this year.

I would say 9 teams paying that much each is a damn good reason to design around comp and not clueless casuals.
People haven't been jump shooting to this extent though, at least over the past 10 years on console. I mean I dont really care but from the outside looking in and everything in the build up to MW, people have been given the Impression that the game is slower paced, more tactical. It really isn't.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Jump and drop shotting has been a thing in COD since 1st game if you really want to get argumentative about it.

Also calm down a bit, no one is taking that away from your COD. Developers clearly didn't go through with plan / idea of making slower and tactical COD this time around.

Like I said in earlier post to which you replied too some just had different idea what MW 2019 would be as a COD from early developer interviews, player impressions etc. Just as you are happy that same hop to slide to hop to drop shot while 100% of the time in ADS meta is untouched I think it's okay for some to be disappointed that game didn't turn out as early on marketed.

Oct 25, 2017

Jump shooting made sense with jetpacks because you get a burst of speed understandably, it's an exploit now because regular jumping shouldn't have that effect. Now it's just inexplicably punishing players who play smart and hold stronger positions.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
What is everyone's thoughts then?

The last COD I bought was Advanced Warfare and I dropped out of the multiplayer pretty quickly and went back to Titanfall.

For me, It is fun to dip into, but cant see me playing it a lot. Will probably wait for a discount if the campaign reception is decent.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

I'm well aware that the "best" CoD players abuse it. I don't care. All I care about is whether it makes it a better game and it does not. It actively makes the game less immersive.

Thank you for making the game a shittier experience for twelve years.

Fine by me. It's a huge shame that they think you are worth pandering to. It's so fucking pointless. People like you will always adapt and find new ways to be best. Fixing this one problem would make the game better for the vast majority and as much as you are whining about the idea, you wouldn't give a damn two weeks later.

I said no-one here cares about competitive (an obvious exaggeration but broadly true). "Pros use it" is a terrible reason to keep something in the game. Explain to me why it makes the game better, and explain to me how it is in line with what Activision and Infinity Ward are trying to do with the soft reboot of Modern Warfare. This is meant to be a more tactical and realistic and immersive game. People being able to aim dead straight while jumping ruins that.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
pff, some of the guns are seriously fun to mess around with. Rocking the Oden right now at level 26. you get some very nice unlocks for it. Its almost an incentive to play to see whats next down the pipeline. it also goes damn quick leveling those up. I wonder if the progression will be slower in final version

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a BF fanboy but these weapon sounds are so gritty and brutal. The Famas sounds frightening. BF sound design is top notch, but that added grit in MW is so so good.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Played with two friends of mine and they didn't like it at all. They said barely anything has changed, but the thing is, several things have changed and improved. It's just that they are small things, but they really do count and I notice them too.

There are weird things in this beta though. One of my friends had a group of enemy players spawned right in front of him. But I expect those kind of things to be gone in full game.

Do we know when they are going to reveal more about how many maps we're getting at launch? And when were they showing SP again?

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
Lol I don't think I played COD this good since I BLOPS1. 30 yo boomer destroying kids every game after not really having fun with any cod after BLOPS1

This was me last night lol. This is the most fun I've had since BO1 and 2. That's right around the time my ratio started dropping to around 1.2 overall if not lower. I used to consistently be about 1.5 - 1.6.

The game is a return to form to me. None of that extra nonsense where they went balls to wall with the features. It feels very streamlined which I like. It's just good ol classic MW....feels like something in between MW1 & 2 to be honest.

The gameplay is great and crossplay seems to work without any huge issues. I'm playing on PC and having a blast. I might be at a slight advantage though due to playing at 120fps vs 60fps (which console players are capped too).

I will say, the visuals are a bit disappointing. I assume this is why the game isn't very taxing on PC.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Had an amazing CoD 2 moment sitting atop of a tank-like vehicle controlled by another player heading their way towards enemy territory, me, all panicky, turning the machine gun to and fro searching for enemies hushing around on the ground and looking out for glaring spots in windows to shoot before being shot.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I have given Ground War a second chance today. Didn`t work out.
I won`t call this Ground War anymore. It`s HIND-mode. How it`s not done.

2v2 however...loving it.

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
wasn't a big fan of what I played. Felt fine and the sound design was pretty cool, but it just felt like more CoD for better or worse. Was kinda surprised by how mediocre the game looks visually on PC too with max settings, especially after going back to gears 5 MP.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Joint Ops was so janky it made Battlefield at the time seemed polished and slick, with good gunplay!

I agree. But it also shows how these games haven't evolved one mote. It's still the same size & density vs jank ratio.

Don't give me a glimpse at something better without letting me play it. It lays the dearth of scope bare.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People haven't been jump shooting to this extent though, at least over the past 10 years on console. I mean I dont really care but from the outside looking in and everything in the build up to MW, people have been given the Impression that the game is slower paced, more tactical. It really isn't.
[QUOTE="Tovarisc, post: 24754143, member: 1334

Also calm down a bit, no one is taking that away from your COD. Developers clearly didn't go through with plan / idea of making slower and tactical COD this time around.
[/QUOTE]

You telling me to calm down That's hilarious when you are literally cussing at me Saying no one gives a shit what the best players in the world think and ranting about a mechanic thats part of the games since cod 4.

even cod 4 isn't all that slow this game is similar to older cods. not every game has to be for you we already got rainbow six if you want to play slow and tactical.

this cod punishes fast players. With all the windows and angles to get shot from, dark corners and claymores it's not easy to move around and play cracked like top players are doing in this game.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this game will be a great palette cleanser. When I get annoyed with Battlefield load up Ground War and play for a few days and come back to Battlefield with a new appreciation for how much better DICE is at making multiplayer FPSes.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I went from being down on this on the initial PS4 2v2 test to loving this on PC. Still don't know if I'd buy it though, however I've had a great time with Ground War

Deleted member 47076

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
I hate how easy it is to sound whore in this game. Can't even walk slowly around a corner without someone hearing you from 40 feet away.

Imo there should only be footstep noises if someone is sprinting or they're literally right next/above/below to you. Me slowly walking over concrete behind an entire building between me and another person shouldn't be heard.

Oct 29, 2017
pff, some of the guns are seriously fun to mess around with. Rocking the Oden right now at level 26. you get some very nice unlocks for it. Its almost an incentive to play to see whats next down the pipeline. it also goes damn quick leveling those up. I wonder if the progression will be slower in final version

I think they said weapon leveling is 2x faster than it will be in the final game

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Holy fuck this is one of the cringiest replies I have ever seen on Era.

Listen to yourself man you are like a walking talking CoD cliche.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Kinda torn with GW. I think the gunplay is pretty solid but damage seems utterly hit and hiss. Sometimes I die in 2 bullets, something I get hit markers all over the place and they don't die.

Activision have so much more to make GW a passable mode. Some stuff is just COnquest 101 stuff they should be doing and its piss poor that Activision has no idea but I guess they have just been churning CoD for decades, so I can understand they are a bit blinkered.

Unless they take out the classic CoD issues and replace it with something more balanced and interested, GW will be a shit-show for the vast majority of players, unless they really like shitty spawns and camping...

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Ground war is a mess, really enjoying the game overall though. They can fix ground war, it'll just be a matter of IF they will fix it. Take out killstreaks, fix spawning and a lot of the other issues will fix themselves.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I feel that getting rid of the mini map in GW would benefit the game greatly. There are so many UAVs getting pumped in the air that the enemy know your location always and it's impossible to flank or take undefended points.

Jul 26, 2018
I've just realized how much ground war has spawn campers.

Spawned on main HQ, and immediately get shot by 2-3 snipers camping on top of the abandoned red factory building. Then it became a sniper battle with 5 of my teammates trying to take them down. Pretty annoying to say at least.

Even one of my team mates was trying get away from the battle by getting on the quad. As soon as he got on, BAM got killed by the spawn campers hahaha.

TCG276

Dec 17, 2017
My thoughts on 6v6 and Groundwar.

1. Gun play is the best it's ever been. The sound and handling is top notch. Love the customization, but I'm a little concerned with how much the negatives of each attachment will affect using them. Also the M4A1 is too good. There really is no reason to use other guns in the current build, which is annoying.

2. Maps are ok. A bit cluttered. And the cave map, while unique, is annoying to play because of how hard it is to see anyone. I am just glad they are better than the maps in WWII (the most similar modern COD). WWII maps were the worst in the series IMO. They were so simple and boring. I honestly think that strict, 3 lane map design, was getting stale. I hope there are some in MW but changing it up a bit is good!

3. TTK seems a little fast but it may be because of net code, or, high headshot damage multipliers. I still much prefer it to BO4 super slow TTK, but I wish it was a tad slower.

4. Graphics are good but not amazing (One X). Colors looked washed out and darks are too dark.

5. Ground war runs terrible. I'll give it another shot when the game comes out but in its current state, it's unplayable IMO. In the brief time I had with it, besides the terrible performance, it just felt off. I don't think COD needs a poor man's BF mode. They should stick with what they do best, and maybe add a BR mode, if they can get it running as good as Blackout.

All of the different modes just feels like they are throwing everything at the wall in hopes that something new will stick. I would prefer they stay focused on 2v2, 6v6, and maybe BR.

Overall MW is a step in the right direction IMO. Getting rid of Specialists, with special abilities, is the most refreshing thing for me. specialists completely ruined BO4 (along with guns locked behind a paywall).