• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
When are they increasing the level cap and/or adding new content?

If it follows the way that last weekend went, they'll be adding things and changing playlists throughout the test. The level cap is going to increase to 30 (fairly sure on this, can't remember where I read it but note that you can see the level requirements for everything up to 30) on Sunday if I had to guess. Pretty sure the updates happen at 10AM west coast time each day.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, something is up with the netcode and player model positioning in this game. I've been corner shot more times in this beta than I have in 200 hours of playing CODWWII or playing Battlefield (which is none for BF).

As well I'm clearly behind cover on my screen, get killed, and see on the kill cam I am sticking out from cover on their screen.

Something is not right. I feel like launch is going to be a shitshow.

Oct 29, 2017
Man I was doing decent enough in the first beta, called 2 choppers. Right now in beta 2 im getting c-l-a-p-p-e-d. Like 0.3kd.

I feel ya. Played last weekend on PS4, and loved it, felt like the COD that I fell in love with. Was having great games.

Downloaded it last night on XB, and.... just getting destroyed. Obviously just my personal experience, but FELT like more people were camping all over the place per game, than I saw ALL of last weekend playing. Not really complaining as I know its part of the deal, but I definitely dont enjoy the game as much when its so camp heavy like I experienced last night.

Tango-Pirate

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Yeah, I actually thought it was the reverse. Like, only the console players/PC controller players were able to opt-in to this matchmaking, but that KB/M were limited to other keyboard players OR players that, on their side, decided to take the risk.

Kinda weird lol

This still seems to be a major point of confusion.

Crossplay as standard is Input based matchmaking only, which is either currently bugged or not turned on which is why we are seeing Kb/m and controller players in the same lobby.

When its fixed/turned on the only way a controller player will be in the same lobby as a kb/m is if they are in the same party. The emphasis being that the controller player is dragged to a Kb/m lobby, kb/m players will never be dragged to a controller lobby.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Got a PC code applied for watching on Twitch like others mentioned. It's so nice that my progress carried over and everything! Would kinda like to see the voice chat options on ps4 so I didn't have to make a party every time just to auto mute everyone though.

Jun 1, 2018
Got a PC code applied for watching on Twitch like others mentioned. It's so nice that my progress carried over and everything! Would kinda like to see the voice chat options on ps4 so I didn't have to make a party every time just to auto mute everyone though.
What do i have to watch on twitch to get this.

can i use my psn account / code to play the pc beta as well?

Oct 27, 2017
I feel ya. Played last weekend on PS4, and loved it, felt like the COD that I fell in love with. Was having great games.

Downloaded it last night on XB, and.... just getting destroyed. Obviously just my personal experience, but FELT like more people were camping all over the place per game, than I saw ALL of last weekend playing. Not really complaining as I know its part of the deal, but I definitely dont enjoy the game as much when its so camp heavy like I experienced last night.
I learned the maps for the most part from playing a shit ton of Cyber Attack last weekend. Now I find myself camping hard in every game mode. Maybe that's what some people are doing?

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
What do i have to watch on twitch to get this.

can i use my psn account / code to play the pc beta as well?
Need a seperate code for PC but your activision account will allow you to transfer any progress. And I had Skadoodle's stream up in the background but others earlier in the thread were watching other MW streams and were getting access. Mine popped up in twitch notifications but others did not. Make sure your battle.net account is connected to your twitch account before watching!

Jun 1, 2018
Need a seperate code for PC but your activision account will allow you to transfer any progress. And I had Skadoodle's stream up in the background but others earlier in the thread were watching other MW streams and were getting access. Mine popped up in twitch notifications but others did not. Make sure your battle.net account is connected to your twitch account before watching!
thanks!

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If this also had cross-saves I'd buy it on two platforms.

The image quality on PS4 Pro is very bad. Or does this not yet have Pro enhancements like the 2v2 beta?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Woo, got the notification for watching Crimsix. I'm also working from home today and should be done in an hour or so, so I get play real soon. Awesome!

CRTXP

Feb 1, 2018
I am personally having a really hard time with the game. I fell like I am getting killed from everywhere. I have a really hard time seeing enemy players too. I am playing on a pro. I really like the changes to the gunplay but I have been playing cod since 3 have never had this much trouble or frustration in MP.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If this also had cross-saves I'd buy it on two platforms.

The image quality on PS4 Pro is very bad. Or does this not yet have Pro enhancements like the 2v2 beta?
It does doesn't it!? Jackfrags posted a video where he had played in the PS4 beta and then when he logged into the PC beta all his levels and unlocks were there.

Or is there a campaign or something which doesn't save?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
All I see from streamers: constantly jump around corners and ads
Welcome to CoD. I am watching loads of videos and the tactical options seems so at odds with the classic CoD gameplay style. I get the feeling people will find a perfect loadout and just run that because of the super quick TTK and people head-glitching and bunny hopping around. Really wonder how this style will work on the 32v32 stuff.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I had a few matches on PC yesterday. Cross play is great. I used both keyboard ans mouse and controller. I could do well using both.

I'm not sure how the matchmaking is working though, since judging by the icons there were K/B with controllers in the same lobby.

Fun fact: I saw a few PS4 icons with K/B. I'm glad people can choose their fav input.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I am personally having a really hard time with the game. I fell like I am getting killed from everywhere. I have a really hard time seeing enemy players too. I am playing on a pro. I really like the changes to the gunplay but I have been playing cod since 3 have never had this much trouble or frustration in MP.

I play mostly gunfight at the moment but I do notice this in other game modes.They are harder for me to process

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Welcome to CoD. I am watching loads of videos and the tactical options seems so at odds with the classic CoD gameplay style. I get the feeling people will find a perfect loadout and just run that because of the super quick TTK and people head-glitching and bunny hopping around. Really wonder how this style will work on the 32v32 stuff.

Even Grozna, a 10v10 map, plays out very differently because of the size and variety in terms of spaces (fields, cluttered buildings and wide streets) - the much larger maps will be interesting.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
yep, theres just something about this game

i kinda wish i had that gunplay, visuals, crossplay, and sounds, but on a treyarch game lol

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god, you're fucking kidding me. I can't play on PC cause I can't add my Battle.net account to my Activision account. Just get a very helpful "an error has occurred" message when I click "link with Battle.net account" in the account management section.

I can't tell if it's because of the constant "security question required" pop-up that DOESN'T FUCKING WORK. Clicking "save" does nothing. Uurrrgghhh. This day has been annoying enough already, don't need this shit.

e: it was the popup, saving that worked on Chrome. Didn't work on Firefox, the second popular browser around. GJ. Unfortunately I'm now stuck with my stupid ass PSN name lol, which can't be changed in the beta.

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Played a round of 10v10 DOM with just the Deagle and man, the gun sucks lol. You pretty much have to get a headshot, cause the subsequent shots are incredibly hard to aim due to the over the top animations and it's so slow that you're pretty much dead against anyone with an automatic gun before you even get to shoot a second time.

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
Why would they not put in region locking for the matchmaking?

I'm from northern EU and I'm hearing american accented n-words.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I fucking loathe that they haven't put in some measures to prevent that tactic. It's such a blatant indication that their shift towards realism is no more than skin deep.
Reminds me of that Batallion 1944 where they claimed it was like classic CoD 2 then I played it and it's people hopping around corners all day and I'm like "did you ever even PLAY CoD2?"

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of that Batallion 1944 where they claimed it was like classic CoD 2 then I played it and it's people hopping around corners all day and I'm like "did you ever even PLAY CoD2?"

To be fair, I think even in the good old days, this tactic was feasible just not particularly popular. Streamers have popularised it and non-standard controllers make it much easier to do. Shots have always flown exactly where you're pointing while ADSing in CoD (at least back to Modern Warfare), so you've always been able to get away with bullshit whilst jumping. They need to do something to jog your aim when you jump in my opinion.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Its pretty damn hard to see people inside of windows until they've already started shooting at you. People blend into their surroundings pretty good in this game.

smashkirby

Oct 25, 2017
You know for talk about getting away from the 'three lane' maps. I'm not really seeing it yet.
It's especially apparent in the desert map. You have the cave, the road outside the cave and then the cliffside.
I hope they reveal stuff more on the line of Bloc, Pipeline, Broadcast.
Hell, I'd even take something like wet work. A long one lane map. Just have some variety.

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, I think even in the good old days, this tactic was feasible just not particularly popular. Streamers have popularised it and non-standard controllers make it much easier to do. Shots have always flown exactly where you're pointing while ADSing in CoD (at least back to Modern Warfare), so you've always been able to get away with bullshit whilst jumping. They need to do something to jog your aim when you jump in my opinion.

Or make you tripping and falling after jumping like that, just like in real life.