• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are some go-to graphic settings for someone with a 1080ti/8700k that I should have on or off? I turned film grain off but this game still looks blurry as hell to me.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just lucked out with a free code from drops on Shrouds stream so downloading the game now. It looks awesome I gotta say. This will be the first COD I've touched since BLOPS 1...

Nov 8, 2017
What are some go-to graphic settings for someone with a 1080ti/8700k that I should have on or off? I turned film grain off but this game still looks blurry as hell to me.
I'm asking the same thing. Something is wrong with the way this game looks on PC. I'm on a Ryzen 9 3900X and a RTX 2080Ti. At 1440p I'm having trouble making things out at a distance and the AA looks rough. I've made sure the resolution settings were correct. Changing the render resolution from 720p-2160p looks the same to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Mounting is pointless, it just shows your whole body as if you were standing outside to the other player 😂

Tbf this could be a conscious design decision. If everyone would be able to hide himself behind every corner while reducing recoil it would be a camping nightmare.

Try turning down motion blur in the gameplay settings.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbf this could be a conscious design decision. If everyone would be able to hide himself behind every corner while reducing recoil it would be a camping nightmare.

Try turning down motion blur in the gameplay settings.

Turned this off as well as set it to native res (since it's 50% by default) and the game still looks blurry as shit for me lol.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Any quick instructions for crossplay invite? Can't find anything on the COD site. Only able to invite PS4 players.

EDIT:

Forget it, the site is too damn slow.

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
How do you know?

I've noticed they've put the map on the screen now but it doesn't show people when they shoot. Good comprise.
The lobby screen tells you.
3582119-crossplay.png

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well, I played two rounds.

It's very clear to me that this is not the type of game for me. Knew that about 45 seconds into the first round.

I haven't really played CoD since Call of Duty 2, other than the original Modern Warfare and that was mainly for the SP campaign.

I'll try the larger game mode if they have it in the beta but if that isn't more akin to what I like, this'll be another Call of Duty game I skip.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
This guy plays it on Xbox and he shows it has HDR. He also compared it to PS4 and says the framerate is much worse. Now it's a beta, so let's hope they sort that stuff out.

Yeah the technical side on X isn't the best. Noticed some spots on maps that consistently drop frames. There is also some tearing in the upper part of the screen.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018
I just had the biggest bug ever. I call in a UAV, then all of sudden I cannot aim. I can melee with the right stick, just cannot aim. Through the whole rest of the match.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Is this how crossplay will work in live? I thought you had to have console friends to get paired with console players on PC? If it stays like this it's awesome for us, as our community is much smaller.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
For people seeing the game blurry, close or long range try change the AA. It worked for me.
Also my resolution was at 50%.
Games runs flawless with all on high on a 1440p monitor, gtx 1070, i7 6700

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Everyone complaining about the softness, you just have to turn of AA completely, game becomes shimmery as fuck, but at least it's a clear image. On topic though, love the beta, it's exactly what I've been waiting for all these years, can't wait to be there day 1.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
No HDR on my Xbox One X.
No option, the tv not even open the HDR image.

That's odd. No HDR at all?

Yeah the technical side on X is. It the best. Noticed some spots on maps that consistently drop frames. There is also some tearing in the upper part of the screen.

That really sucks and I sure hope they fix that. There is no reason at all that the best console, in terms of power, is struggling with performance. But again, it's a beta. If it's in the final build however.......sigh.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a code for the COD website. Redeem's on there and you can pick your platform code.

94G7-WDKPQ-Y90N

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying this more the more I play. It's a return to form and what made cod great in the first place for me.
I do miss realism mode, it's my favorite way to play by far

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Everyone complaining about the softness, you just have to turn of AA completely, game becomes shimmery as fuck, but at least it's a clear image. On topic though, love the beta, it's exactly what I've been waiting for all these years, can't wait to be there day 1.

That's on PC only I assume? Or is there a actual setting for this on console too? Either way, there's no middle ground to be had here? Can't have it looking crisp with as little aliasing as possible? Didn't CoD always look crisp and clean?

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
That's on PC only I assume? Or is there a actual setting for this on console too? Either way, there's no middle ground to be had here? Can't have it looking crisp with as little aliasing as possible? Didn't CoD always look crisp and clean?
Sorry I forgot to specify, yeah I meant PC, console is as far as I know with smaa+below 1080p so you get double the softness xD

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I "had" a lot of fun at the start. Matchmaking was balanced, but after 4-5 matches in Gunfight everything went to shit. My friend and I lost 5 matches in a row now, with the last two where we didn't even get one kill. WTF!!!

Random_Guy

Nov 1, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do I party up with a friend on ps4 while im on PC?

The IW blog post about cross play mentions to add them as a friend on your COD account, but I can't figure out how to do it.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Using focusing aim assist feels like cheating but everyone else is using it so fuck it. What's the incentive to disable it...