• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Performance on the Xbox One X is a little worrying. Definitely doesn't seem like a locked 60, and I'm noticing some screen tearing at times too.

Not sure if its on my end, but the network connection was shit the few rounds I played as well.

Also, got my ass handed to me while I was doing pretty damn good during the PS4 beta period. Can't tell if it's better caliber of players, or if I just had a few off games.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Got my ass handed to me the first few matches, stopped playing... thought about deleting it.

Went back and went on a 24-4 tear. Turns out I just hate that 1st loadout.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
PC runs smooth as butter, also wtf the rendering resolution scale is at 50% on default. Had to crank that up to 100.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I remember crossplay blog saying that console players has option to toggle if they MM with KBM or not.

Do I remember that wrong?
IIRC you have to set that filter yourself?
From what I read there are 3 choices:

-Playing against your console only.
-Playing against your input device only (KMB or Controller).
-Playing against everyone no matter what input or platform.

Maybe its defaulted to the third choice and needs to be changed in settings :/
Unless I'm completely overlooking it no such setting exists. The only cross-play related setting is turning cross-play itself entirely off.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
If crossplay isn't going to be input-based in the beta than there should have never been crossplay in the beta. I rather no crossplay than non-input based crossplay. What a ridiculous decision by IW.

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
Unless I'm completely overlooking it no such setting exists. The only cross-play related setting is turning cross-play itself entirely off.
So then either the filter is suppose to be automatic and what is happening is a bug ( if you switch midway through I would assume you would be kicked),Or they just haven't implemented the filtering yet and in the full game it will be there.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I've tried the game on min and max settings and it just feels off, this ADS zoom in just feels laggy to me, and it seems to chunk the frame rate briefly, it's the same when changing players when spectating. In general, I'm getting 110-144fps but it just doesn't feel smooth at all. The AA options aren't great either, it's either awful jaggies or blurry AF.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Ping is bugged on the scoreboard and reporting the wrong numbers, but the option to enable it on the top left corner works fine.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Noticed this during last week's beta run, but has anyone found target acquisition in ADS to be a bit touchy? I'm constantly overshooting targets when in ADS and I haven't found an aim setup that I've found to be truly comfortable yet.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Got one and a couple of kills and then we won :(
must have gotten 10-15 kills before being shot down
ahh4.png

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty fun, no operator powers is good, need like 2 dedicated people with launchers or its a killstreak fest lol. I get around 75 ish fps on a 1070+i5+16gb ram with some graphics tweaks @1080p

edit:had frame limiter on,I get 80-90 fps

Last edited:

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Xbox One users:

Go to settings and set the region to New Zealand and restart. Beta is playable now.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, wtf is this point of linking all my accounts to my Activision account if I still have to manually add people using their Activision Account name? Why wouldn't it just sync all my friends lists like literally every other platform in the world?

saint

Oct 27, 2017
i just set my time on the xbox to the furthest, which was like utc+24 or something and it bypassed the too early error message

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The lighting system looks much improved but the overall look, even on a high end PC, seems iffy. Not the best looking but that could be just beta stuff.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Only played 2 matches so far, but so far I quite like it. Playing without any motion blur or grain is definitely the way to play though.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those glowing previews about the 'new engine' and how great it looks where not from people playing on an Xbox One S. Can't wait for the digital foundry report on this one.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Those glowing previews about the 'new engine' and how great it looks where not from people playing on an Xbox One S. Can't wait for the digital foundry report on this one.
Even watching Pro a 1X footage, there seems to be some heavy CBr artifacts. Heck, it seems to be all over the PC version as well.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally tried the game on one x. It may be placebo but it look much better than 4 pro. Much cleaner and higher resolution. Anyone can confirm ?
Not 100% 60fps though

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Even on Xbox One X it`s not a major step forward imo. Better lighting for sure but that`s about it from what I can tell playing the MP.
I guess we`ll see more Bling-Bling in the campaign.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
Oh man.
Beginning on PC after days on PS4 and find all your unlocks, classes and stuff right there is so sweet.
Crossplay is a bless.