• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
These maps are awful. Im all for going away from 3 lane maps but these maps reminds me alot of the maps in Ghosts with a ton of angles everywhere to get shot from and a bunch of shit everywhere to hide behind. The maps just dont flow well at all. Gun runner is ok i guess.

The spawns are absolute shit, ive spawned infront of enemies and had enemies spawn infront of me several times but that feels like it happens in every cod so im not suprised.

Maybe its my connection or something but i find the TTK really inconsistent, i dont know how many times ive fired first but i still die first.

It feels better than the futuristic Cods but that isnt really hard to pull off, i guess i expected more. I still wanna try the bigger gamemodes before writing it off though.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
I think everything about this game is amazing, that one really big map sucks and is full of campers, but that's COD, for some reason even when I'm dying lots I'm still having a ton of fun with it. Everything just feels great. I just want the full game now.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting motion sick from that respawn animation? I'm actually having to look away so it doesn't make it worse.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Really missing the gun smoke from the alpha. Between that and the weaker audio mix, this feels much more like the other games in the series. Pretty let down from that initial reveal.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
I've noticed a lot less campers compared to the first day of the beta - maybe people weren't moving around as much because they weren't used to the game.

Also did no one here ever adapt to campers back in the day? Check your corners, don't run around like a headless chicken, and utilize the new mounting system to quickly peek around areas that you suspect you might encounter enemy gunfire at. If you get killed by a camper, then kill them if they are still at that spot.

Snipers also have a huge light that reflects off their scope so they're not a big deal.

Dantendo

Oct 27, 2017
South Australia
Really need my run and gun class setups. Too many sweaty window sitters.

Also looking forward to proper matchmaking. As an Aussie I shouldn't have Americans or UK players in the lobby.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Even with the exclusion of the mini map I feel like people know where I am even more than before. Probably because of the 2 kill personal UAV. Bit lame tbh.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Gunplay is great, but maps and spawns are horrendous. Reminds me a bit of Ghosts which I hated (and still hate) with passion.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
According to how JackFrag's played his live stream, yep.

I was confused at first. I thought this BETA was just PS4 but he did keep reminding people it's the PS4 version because he was using Kb&M. Then the menu screens appeared with a mouse and the PS sign...the rest a controller and the PS sign.
Yep, that's how it looks. The guy in question in my game wasn't dominating the games though, may have just been getting started...
Was Jack Frags completely decimating guys with kb/mouse?

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Opinions and all, but this seems like an over exaggeration honestly. I'm playing on a 60" 4KTV and never at one point did I think that everyone blended together or the game looked ugly. Also, you are literally playing a vertical slice of the game and not even the full thing. Kinda premature to assume this is the whole game and that's it.

Playing on 55 OLED 😂 It is all grey. The docks map is abysmal. The maps don't suit the player counts, it's really bizarre. Don't know how anyone can enjoy this for what it is. There's far too much room for camping with all the rooms and stuff that really don't serve any purpose but to hide in. The way it plays is just boring. It's slow and plodding. Perhaps it's just burn out, bored of games like it.

I'll play campaign and the spec ops stuff, but this MP is just boring.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Really need my run and gun class setups. Too many sweaty window sitters.

Also looking forward to proper matchmaking. As an Aussie I shouldn't have Americans or UK players in the lobby.

Mp5 has a stock and or grip that will speed up sprint outs and ads movement speed . The mp4 has a short barrel, stock and grip to help with ads speed.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, that's how it looks. The guy in question in my game wasn't dominating the games though, may have just been getting started...
Was Jack Frags completely decimating guys with kb/mouse?
He started strong but I must admit I did smile because his team lost and he died in equal measure. I'm not sure if he got better later on though but it could also be down to map knowledge.

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on 55 OLED 😂 It is all grey. The docks map is abysmal. The maps don't suit the player counts, it's really bizarre. Don't know how anyone can enjoy this for what it is. There's far too much room for camping with all the rooms and stuff that really don't serve any purpose but to hide in. The way it plays is just boring. It's slow and plodding. Perhaps it's just burn out, bored of games like it.

I'll play campaign and the spec ops stuff, but this MP is just boring.
Haven't had any issue picking out players on my end, though to be fair I'm playing on a monitor so I'm a bit closer to the screen then a couch and TV setup. Once I got a feel for the maps I haven't had much difficulty running and gunning either, the key is really to learn how to avoid certain sightlines on the map.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure this is the same for everyone, but it often feels like I've got 0 chance to even react to getting shot. Almost instant deaths. But the people I try to kill need a lot more bullets. Probably just my perception, but its very frustrating.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
Damn no 2v2s? Played a bit of TDM and Domination this morning, and it just feels like normal call of duty to me. I loved the intensity and pressure of 2v2s.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It's drastically different from the most recent COD's. Hence, the bitching.

Really? Last one I played was Infinite Warfare, it doesnt feel that diferent besides the obvious and minor things. I like the gameplay but maybe it's Just me. Other thing, i find the game a bit exhausting, sometimes Is too tense, but this I'm saying it as a compliment, though if I play it todo long I see myself playing it More than an hour or something.

The lack of minimap has only one downside for me. When you listen footsteps, it's hard to know if it's an allied or not without loosing focus. Other than that, I like what's there

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not feeling these maps at all. They all seem so boring, grey and unremarkable. The blurriness doesn't help.

Oct 27, 2017
The maps are too large, they're designed to fit the larger player base modes. Nothing has felt like it was built for 6v6 exclusively.

smashkirby

Oct 25, 2017
The night mode would be better if everyone didn't have huge red text over their head... what's the point of it being hard to see if you still have such easy identifiers

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I must admit, it looked to play well, even if the exaggerated recoil looks weird. Will check it out on 1X need week hopefully. Still, not the prettiest of games and I wish they had some destruction in it but it looks like a solid change from the previous games.