• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game only matches up KB&M players with only KB&M players unless gamepad users opt in right?
I actually saw a guy with a mouse symbol next to his name with the rest of us DS4s on the list. Im not sure if its a visual glitch orxhe was really using kb/mouse, but I didn't opt in to it. Guess anything goes in the beta.

fivestarman

Oct 28, 2017
Am I understanding this correctly, if I want to try out this beta on PC without pre-order. I have to wait til the 21st?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Any idea when the update drops? Ready to unlock more gear with that raised cap and try the Night maps.

I finally had a chance to put some decent time into the beta with a friend and we're sold. Loving the quicker TTK as a HC player forced to play normal mode here and the feel and sound of the guns is superb.

Headquarters was probably our favorite mode. It just brought me back to playing Rush in Battlefield 3, hunkering down to capture or disarm the object while under constant fire.lol

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
So, are they really giving in to people's complaints? I liked what I played from the 2v2 bets A LOT.
Would you guys say they should change stuff back or keep their vision? No mini-map etc.

Personally I hope they stick to their guns with the mini-map, it's one of my favourite changes - forces you to pay attention to sounds, footsteps etc.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This is...definitely CoD. I don't know why my expectations were so high. It's not bad by any means, I just expected...more? I may be a bit spoiled by Battlefield at this point. Though, I played quite a bit of WW2, too. I guess I was hoping that we'd get a blend of MW with a bit of old-school CoD thrown in. Vehicles are cool, but they're a killstreak-only thing, it seems.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why I can hear some ppls footsteps while I can't others ? Every weapon feels the same to me, while MW had individuality to each gun. You could feel it in your hand how each gun fired. Here, everything is the same.

What? Every weapon feels distinctly different. Are you sure you're not just using the same weapon all the time

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is...definitely CoD. I don't know why my expectations were so high. It's not bad by any means, I just expected...more? I may be a bit spoiled by Battlefield at this point. Though, I played quite a bit of WW2, too. I guess I was hoping that we'd get a blend of MW with a bit of old-school CoD thrown in. Vehicles are cool, but they're a killstreak-only thing, it seems.

More how exactly? This is a perfect evolution of the series to me whilst also going back to what was fun in MW/MW2/MW3

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
The streak spam in this game is dreadful, and the return to killstreaks was absolutely a mistake. Bringing back Hardline on top of that is asking for trouble.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I actually saw a guy with a mouse symbol next to his name with the rest of us DS4s on the list. Im not sure if its a visual glitch orxhe was really using kb/mouse, but I didn't opt in to it. Guess anything goes in the beta.
JackFrag's played a live stream using a PS4 with Kb&M. He was the only player with that symbol next to his name. It's not a glitch.

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
Any idea when the update drops? Ready to unlock more gear with that raised cap and try the Night maps.

I finally had a chance to put some decent time into the beta with a friend and we're sold. Loving the quicker TTK as a HC player forced to play normal mode here and the feel and sound of the guns is superb.

Headquarters was probably our favorite mode. It just brought me back to playing Rush in Battlefield 3, hunkering down to capture or disarm the object while under constant fire.lol
Curious to know this as well.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
"As we mentioned yesterday, we are still experimenting with the minimap, so tomorrow, the minimap will be turned on but will not display enemy fire."

Hell yeah!
CoD updates usually drop around 10am PST, give or take an hour. That's also when the open beta should go live.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think it has the crossplay in this beta.

On the beta roadmap I'm sure it said crossplay beta would be when Xbox/pc get it next weekend so maybe that will be the day the filters on controls will be in place

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait this has crossplay! Across platforms? So I can go PC, play with controller and play with my PS4 friends?

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
K. So kb/m support is already in the PS4 version.
According to how JackFrag's played his live stream, yep.

I was confused at first. I thought this BETA was just PS4 but he did keep reminding people it's the PS4 version because he was using Kb&M. Then the menu screens appeared with a mouse and the PS sign...the rest a controller and the PS sign.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I could practically cry. I had no idea. This makes me so, so happy. This is the day I've been dreaming of for so many years. This is the future.
Lol, how did you miss this news :D? It was the big selling point when they announced the game. I'm surprised a CoD game of all games managed to implement full crossplay before any others.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, how did you miss this news :D? It was the big selling point when they announced the game. I'm surprised a CoD game of all games managed to implement full crossplay before any others.
I really didn't follow it very closely. Call of duty hasn't been a big deal for me for many years.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I thought they claimed this was a new engine and it would look a lot better. Seems most people say it looks the same as any other cod?

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the return of the minimap today. Just keep the enemies off it until an UAV and I'm good

Too often have I confused shots and footsteps from my team behind me (which I obviously can't see unless I 360 my view all the time) for shots from the enemy

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't bothered playing pugb in a long time, or even watched footage, but I could be remembering this wrong: on the compass it has range finders with the distance of your allies right? Or was it part of the UI if they're behind you.

DoughBoi

May 7, 2019
Not a fan of the endless revives in cyber attack. I feel like it really takes the focus off the objective. I'd prefer only 1 revive per downed player.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy we get to try it out with the mini map again. With the maps being more complex it kind of feels more necessary to me. I just like that extra point of situational awareness for where I actually am in the map. It takes me a loooooong time before I really know where I am in the maps.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No, it looks better. Just not monumentally better.

Also I hate the footstep crap. It's a Pro player dogbone that puts the average casual player at a big disadvantage.

This game is designed for the casuals in mind from the lack of mini map, supper fast ttk, random dark corners and windows everywhere.

They even added new aim assist options to help less skilled players aim. The devs are all about keeping the casuals happy they even added the final kill cam back instead of kill of the game.

Let the comp players at least keep the footsteps and tbh this game would be even more of a random mess without them.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Dont understand the hate about the lack of mini map. As someone who hasn't really played COD Multiplayer heavily since MW3, this, and really the whole change of pace for the game. Its fantastic not staring at the mini map the whole time you play. Looking around the environment, scanning for threats in every dark doorway or shrub, analysing the environment in 3D, tactically making decisions based on what you see, exit routes, flanks, elevation etc.

The hate seems like the standard "waaa change!" rubbish to me.

#TeamNoMiniMap

Modern Warfare is back. Didn't think I could get this excited for Call of Duty again.

Last edited:

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dont understand the hate about the lack of mini map. As someone who hasn't really played COD Multiplayer heavily since MW3, this, and really the whole change of pace for the game. Its fantastic not staring at the mini map the whole time you play. Looking around the environment, scanning for threats in every dark doorway or shrub, analysing the environment in 3D, tactically making decisions based on what you see, exit routes, falnks, elevation etc.
Lmao are you really playing Call of Duty like the people doing demonstrations at E3 ?

Come on. The lack of minimap is a good thing in theory, but the maps are too big and the TTK is too now. Moving is actually a bad thing, which isn't good at all.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for the level cap today (20) and night maps, which will be the featured playlist.

And the fact that we'll be able to filter game modes now. Domination, here I come lol.

Deleted member 58508

Banned
Jul 12, 2019
What's changed in this game that makes it so enjoyable for me...? Never thought I would like another CoD game but here I am having fun.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Any word if they're adding S&D or gunfight at some point? No sure why I even downloaded otherwise.