• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Going back to killstreaks seems like a shallow way to get folks who whined about improvements in later games back on the CoD train. They won't stick around, since it's an appeal to nostalgia, not good design.

Scorestreaks were the best solution to the problem, and we had it back in 2012. Even MW3 and Ghosts' pointstreaks are preferable to campstreaks.

There will be a perk that changes the killstreak system to a scorestreaks.

Scorestreaks will be in Modern Warfare
While scorestreaks are no stranger to Call of Duty, many thought they would be left out this year. Infinity Ward made it clear they wanted to emphasize kills instead of score for their streaks. They had this to say in their blog post:

We felt that in some games, Scorestreaks tend sometimes not to be clear; 'if you're in this mode a Scorestreak is 50 points, but if you're in another mode, that same Scorestreak is 100 points'. This led to players disengaging.
However, with how they're implementing scorestreaks, it could work out for both sides. Instead of giving the player no choice in how they earn their streaks, Infinity Ward is allowing players to pick. A new perk called "Point Man" will launch with the game, and it makes it so the user's streaks turn score-based rather than kill-based.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Already getting bored with the small game modes, everything else is good though. Hopefully they release that 64 player Ground War soon.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I prefer the tactical nature of the 2v2. It felt new and exciting. I'm still having lots of fun with this but the pace and flow make it familiar with other CoD games.

I got the impression from the alpha that things were going to feel more different.

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Sick of Hackney yard and Grazna raid already! The desert map isnt too bad in the 2 matchs ive played on it.

Catspit

Oct 27, 2017
why does it show
For those preordering from Best Buy, the beta code is the Captain Price code.
ya i called bestbuy and this is what they told me. My code still didnt work and they said that they will contact me hopefully tomorrow with a new code. Where is the code begging thread? :D i pre-ordered to play early darnnit.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
why does it show

ya i called bestbuy and this is what they told me. My code still didnt work and they said that they will contact me hopefully tomorrow with a new code. Where is the code begging thread? :D i pre-ordered to play early darnnit.

It didn't work even after redeeming on Activision and then PSN? Mine's downloading now.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Quick question : is the beta already available on PC? How is frags already playing it

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a camping fest. No mini map encourages camping, constant UAV's encourage camping. The gun mechanics are really good but after playing blackout for a year and the freedom of that type if map, this all feels too constricted and campy.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a camping fest. No mini map encourages camping, constant UAV's encourage camping. The gun mechanics are really good but after playing blackout for a year and the freedom of that type if map, this all feels too constricted and campy.

The limited 10 levels right now REALLY hampers the kind of builds you can do and it sucks not being able to spec to counter this effectively

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
UAVs should be more difficult imo. Also going prone should take you out of ADS like it does in Rainbow or interrupt shooting. I already see crouch spammers and drop shotting. Kind of ruins the more tacticool feel they are going for.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Don't be a fool like me... make sure to use the super sprint. It changes everything... my performance went up like crazy. Completely forgot it was in this game.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Feeling at home with my usual MP5. Changing to the munitions box has been nice, though I've yet to try to shoot it. Assuming it makes an explosion of sorts?

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Here are my thoughts;

Graphics are not great and it looks a little blurry on my TV.

There is no point whatsoever and switching to semi-automatic because you'll get lit up if you do.

I don't like the time to kill because whoever shoots first gets the kill first.

There are too many corners and houses to hang in which is going to lead to camping.

No one plays the objectives. Playing anything else but team deathmatch is pointless.

I have no idea why you get points in this game because it's all about kills.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Here are my thoughts;

There is no point whatsoever and switching to semi-automatic because you'll get lit up if you do.

There are too many corners and houses to hang in which is going to lead to camping.

No one plays the objectives. Playing anything else but team deathmatch is pointless.

If you haven't already, turn off motion blur. That shit is beyond awful in this game.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
People are playing domination and are literally walking by the flags without capping them.

It's unbelievable in domination they show kills and deaths yet nothing about how many points you capture.

How much more do they want to encourage people not to do the objective???

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People are playing domination and as re literally walking by the flags without capping them.

It's unbelievable in domination they show kills and deaths yet nothing about how many points you capture.

How much more do they want to encourage people not to do the objective???
TDM doesn't show how many times you die until after the match.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm just gonna throw my honest opinion on the UAV out there: just get rid of it. Every CoD game has the same exact issue with UAV spam, it just always happens because noobs who can't use other information such as the location of their team's spawn and team's location to locate the general area of the enemy decide to use it.

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
I'm just gonna throw my honest opinion on the UAV out there: just get rid of it. Every CoD game has the same exact issue with UAV spam, it just always happens because noobs who can't use other information such as the location of their team's spawn and team's location to locate the general area of the enemy decide to use it.
I would actually be down for a COD with no UAV but only a VSAT/HATR type killstreak/scorestreak that takes about 8 kills or 1100 points to get.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Keep in mind that less people will choose UAV as a killstreak when more are available. I can imagine a lot of players going with a personal radar and then care packages or other higher streaks.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm really enjoying it. Plays very well!

I'm liking that Restock perk. It refills lethal/tactical grenades every 30 seconds.

What about the impressions you're reading is making your gut feel like you won't like it? Just curious.
Impressions are all over the place, and yeah it's kinda making me feel like I won't like it. But I did like alpha, and I'm keeping an open mind. At first bo4 didn't click until it did. We will see

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
With this game you simply cannot run and gun. If you do youre going to get killed in on stop. you really do have to take your time figure out where your teammates are in advance in the same direction they are going.

The game can be fun when things are going well. At the same time I can see this game get frustrating very quickly.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Here are my thoughts;

There's going to be a way to earn scorestreak

also try turning off film grain and blur

I dont mind if iw adds back minimap with no red dots. Its clear that its contributing to a lot of negativity and camping complaints

i honestly have no issue with campers but it seems people expect none at all.Im okay with people camping and have no issue taking out players who kill me once or twice from a camp spot

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I predordered on amazon and got my code. Entered it onto cod website for Xbox and will wait til next week.

But is there separate code for Price in Blackout? Or does it just automatically unlock for my account?

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
As much as I want to like it, these spawn points are still utter shit.