• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
lol, no.
That reminds me of the bunker camping whine a while ago.
Also not cheating, IMO (unpopular opinion). Lame, sure. It's banned in Fortnite I think? Whatever.
Definitely not as bad as using hacks, holy shit man.

And of course it matters what I think, that's the point of discussion forums.

I think teaming is generally banned in any competitive game. It's especially bad in this case because there's no proximity chat in the game, so it was definitely pre-planned.

I've had several instances in PUBG where I'd communicate with enemies via proximity chat, offering first aids in exchange for not being "thirsted" or something, but they were all brief silly situations that never lead to teaming.

While this isn't as bad as using cheats, I still consider it to be cheating or at least lame. It would be interesting to see an official trust/betray system implemented in a BR though.

EDIT: After several attempts of trying to enter a bunker a couple of weeks ago, I decided to let somebody else do the work and camp one instead. Turns out several other teams had the same idea. Definitely a fun and memorable time.

Brakara

Sep 30, 2019
It would be interesting to see an official trust/betray system implemented in a BR though.

The problem with that is that you can always just pre-plan to team up, giving you a huge advantage over everybody else trying to play fairly (especially in the early game). I mean, if someone wants to play with others there are literally 3 modes for that here.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
When this game was more limited in its group compositions, we were able to consistently get into the same match with a larger group by just turning off crossplay and queuing at the same time. Then we would spray paint each other and still end up killing each other accidentally.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
lol, no.
That reminds me of the bunker camping whine a while ago.
Also not cheating, IMO (unpopular opinion). Lame, sure. It's banned in Fortnite I think? Whatever.
Definitely not as bad as using hacks, holy shit man.

And of course it matters what I think, that's the point of discussion forums.
You understand these are people coordinating together outside the game right?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I think they won't show everything till tomorrow. New weapons and shit.

4Gigs, I hope they get smaller but who knows, also, new map/map changes? Who knows, especially with rumors Blackout will come back which WHY?

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
lmao

S4KQZQg.png

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah on PS4 it's only 32gb for me. Will be done in less than 20 min... Well, the downloading part. Copying is another story.

AJUK

May 28, 2019
I'm so disappointed that there's no map updates, and the new "events" just seem like gimmicky trash that deviates too far from what a battle royale should be. It's not like we don't already have gulag and buy backs but now we get the whole damn lobby re-spawning and free buy backs for teams who haven't even bothered to do contracts or loot (fire sale).

I just wanted an event that altered the map or a change to the map, this just feels gimmicky and messy. Such a shame.

Jul 26, 2018
I know but the issue shouldn't even be here to begin with. Many players are excited for the update and they have to come across the insane 84GB patch size. If I was on xbox I would just delete the game at this point.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Watch everyone who got new battle pass be captain price .. I am one of them haha

Also like I have said before there is absolutely zero reason to why this game is this large in size except they don't want to compress assets etc I guess. Not even games that are much larger in scope is this dumb in file sizes.