• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey I purchased this game on my PC, and is currently downloading, but realized that it's not under the account tied to my PS4. Will blizzard swap this or is it not an issue?

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Backlot, nice. I would have preferred to see Overgrown or something like that but Backlot is one of the better SND maps.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Soooo.. is Battle.net only down for me in EU? Wanted to play a few rounds after the patch but now I'm in a queue for four hours.

Oct 25, 2017
Guess IW giving people what they wanted
fititqat67p41.png

wahmqciu67p41.png

an2ccfpx67p41.png

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
Why is my Battle.net attempting to download 171GB for this update? The game is already installed, I was playing it the other night, and places like Reddit are saying it's only 20GB (which is good for CoD these days...) but mine seems to be trying to do the whole thing :/

It's having a difficult time of it too. Only manages 1-2MB/s and gives up with an error after a few minutes.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Why is my Battle.net attempting to download 171GB for this update? The game is already installed, I was playing it the other night, and places like Reddit are saying it's only 20GB (which is good for CoD these days...) but mine seems to be trying to do the whole thing :/

It's having a difficult time of it too. Only manages 1-2MB/s and gives up with an error after a few minutes.

Yeah would love to know what they are playing at. Running scan and repair in the bnet application to see if that help because I really don't want to be downloading the whole thing. God this game is such a mess when it comes to updates of any kind

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell did they make Gun-Runner 10v10?
Same for Crash
Shit sucks, stop

Why cant they get this right

does it even matter with how bad spawns are? Why have they never addressed the spawns

i had so much hope for the mp
Call of Duty as a series gave up on spawns after MW2, they got progressively worse with every single game.
World at War is the last time they patched spawns and it did anything.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if they have some kinda of generic spawn code they just input in every COD and terminated anyone that actually knows how to program them.

Shipment I can kinda understand but freaking Rust spawning literally touching an enemy is the craziest shit I've seen in this franchise

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
20gb patch on PC. I can't even imagine the total amount of data usage I've dedicated to this game so far. Good thing data caps are temporarily lifted, I guess.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Does anyone know if it's still possible to get the Rodion Infiltrator skin? I don't see the bundle on the store, and there doesn't seem to be a way to unlock it.

EDIT: I'm reading that the bundles rotate. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Just adding to the pile how much of a fucking abomination this game's file management is on PS4 - This game is the ONLY thing I have installed on a 240GB SSD and that's STILL not enough space for the latest update. Insane

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Still cannot download on PC. Game wants to download 160gb and I can only get it to budge by switching to the Americas. Nothing apart from one reply on the Blizzard EU CS twitter account.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Played crossplay (PS4 and X) but couldnt make voicechat work. I was on the PS4, used the microphone bundled with the console and it worked fine. My friend in the Xbox One used his Kinect as mic and it didnt work. In the OS' Settings it worked well but ingame it did t recognize the mic at all. Anything he should try? Voice chat was enabled in his game as well. I wonder if there is any button to lock/unlock mic in the Kinect hardware? But if that was the case I imagine the calibration wouldnt have worked.

We ended up playing with whatsapp voice call through our phones but he has an iPhone and he cant charge and use mic at the same time which sucks - we stopped playimg because he had low battery.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Played crossplay (PS4 and X) but couldnt make voicechat work. I was on the PS4, used the microphone bundled with the console and it worked fine. My friend in the Xbox One used his Kinect as mic and it didnt work. In the OS' Settings it worked well but ingame it did t recognize the mic at all. Anything he should try? Voice chat was enabled in his game as well. I wonder if there is any button to lock/unlock mic in the Kinect hardware? But if that was the case I imagine the calibration wouldnt have worked.

We ended up playing with whatsapp voice call through our phones but he has an iPhone and he cant charge and use mic at the same time which sucks - we stopped playimg because he had low battery.

This keeps happening to me while cross-playing. My fix has been disable and then re-enable in game chat in the options. I'm 2 for 2 with that fixing it so far.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like the only way to do well in this game is to camp

i cant figure out the spawns at all in this game. Is there any advice?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
got my best game yet at 44-7 and all I did was exclusively hold middle of the new map

but i also started using the mp7 over the mp5 and i swear its improved my kdr

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
All recommendations for SMG or AR builds that hit hard? I feel like recently I'm getting ripped faster than I'm able to put enough bullets out to do the same

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Is there a resetera clan or whatever it's called now? I Like playing warzone squads and I would like to not play with different people each match.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Feel like the only way to do well in this game is to camp

i cant figure out the spawns at all in this game. Is there any advice?
Probably. My issue is I could stare at a hallway for a min or look somewhere and see absolutely nothing. As soon as I keep moving forward or turn around somebody appears and shoots me in the back. I feel like I'm just cursed with bad luck.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
All recommendations for SMG or AR builds that hit hard? I feel like recently I'm getting ripped faster than I'm able to put enough bullets out to do the same

My reliables are:
MP7
Monolithic Suppressor
Ranger Foregrip
60 Round Mags
FMJ
Monocle Reflex Sight

PP19 Bizon
Muzzle Brake
8.7" Steel Barrel
Granulated Grip Tape
Sleight of Hand
Monocle Reflex Sight

Grau
FFS 20.8" Nexus Barrel
Commando Foregrip
60 Round Mags
FMJ
Merc Thermal Optic Sight

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Double Tier, XP, and Weapon XP this weekend

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone will offer double XP this weekend, Activision has confirmed. In addition to standard double XP for progression, there will be double weapon XP and double tier progression for the game's battle pass.

The double XP bonuses apply to multiplayer, spec ops, and Warzone. The double XP bonus goes live on April 3 at 10 AM PT and runs through April 6 at the same time. You are probably staying at home more than ever these days, so this is a nice treat for Call of Duty fans looking to level up faster.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

My general rules for multiplayer are stippled grip tape, ADS stock, commando foregrip, a 1x sight, and then maybe a barrel attachment of some sort. If it has an integrated suppressor then I'll go for that for sure. Also a magazine rarely ever reduces ADS speed so they are pretty safe. There are youtubers like xclusiveace that have some testing on the effects of different attachments because the in-game text is flatout wrong in a lot of cases. Some attachments give negligible benefits as well. I generally don't copy his builds straight-up but it's good to avoid picking an attachment that might be useless. My favorite guns right now are the RAM-7 and the MP7. I haven't had enough experience with the new guns to form an opinion. The RAM-7 especially you can make essentially an SMG that hits like an AR. I believe the MP5 is still powerful as well but it does have less ammo and a long reload compared to the MP7.

Oct 25, 2017
That Ghost skin is great, they should give Alice a Ramirez skin(fits with her being a US Army Ranger and even of Hispanic descent like Ramirez)
latest

I guess D-Day would also work since he is also a Ranger.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
171GB patch on PC it says. Keeps starting, only 6MB/s (out of a possible 48) and then it stops. Back to Updating.

"We're having problems transferring data"

Is there a resetera clan or whatever it's called now? I Like playing warzone squads and I would like to not play with different people each match.
Drop me your activision ID and I can send you an invite to the era clan. There's also a warzone discord.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
171GB patch on PC it says. Keeps starting, only 6MB/s (out of a possible 48) and then it stops. Back to Updating.

"We're having problems transferring data"

Drop me your activision ID and I can send you an invite to the era clan. There's also a warzone discord.

I had this for 3 days after the patch came out, I just had to keep hitting update and hoping it would take for a 20 mins at a time before giving me the error again...

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I had this for 3 days after the patch came out, I just had to keep hitting update and hoping it would take for a 20 mins at a time before giving me the error again...

Thanks but I switched it to the US region and the download started straight away. It's not going very fast though. Before it wouldn't make any progress whatsoever.

It seems others have had a similar experience at the same time and a little while ago too.

I did a scan and verification of the files first and it cut about 20GB.

Oct 26, 2017
Are they ever going to bring back Realism mode?

Also, is it just me or is the jumping super broken in this game? Sweatlords keep bunny hoping around the map and it's really grinding my gears

Oct 26, 2017
sounds like cods not for you jump shots have been a thing forever such a weird complaint.
I been played this since launch and didn't notice a lot of players doing the jump shot until around the time Warzone dropped, and now I can't find a game without some dude with a pink gun doing them around literally every corner. I think it might be cause I normally stayed away from quickplay, I just want my realism mode back :'(

modernist

Jan 13, 2018
add me to the pile of people with the whole game deciding to redownload now - looks like its happening to more and more people on reddit