• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Any COD devs on here wanna put some of the 10 v 10 modes in the HardCore list? It would be greatly appreciated :)

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need to get 2 quad feeds for one of the officer challengers. I only have one and it's driving me nuts trying to get the other one lol

I'm using the cruise missile, but I keep getting triple kills with it. I've been trying on shipment to get it. Anyone have any tips for best killstreak to use etc?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only time the SBMM bothers me is when I play with one of my friends. He is clearly on a different level than I am with his aiming and snap reflex skills. As such the MOMENT I invite him to play my KDR goes through the fucking floor. Like VERY noticeably. The only thing I can think of is that it's putting me in his "rank" and putting me up against much better players.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Just hit Level 10. Like most COD's - the game is growing on me and ofcourse, just like most COD's, it'll probably start to annoy me at some point down the road once the honeymoon period wears off. For now though, I'm really liking the gunplay/shooting mechanics and sound effects. Graphically it looks incredible on my Xbox Slim. I haven't even created a custom class yet. Been just running with the burst fire on the standard assault class.

Yeah I haven't actually played much either but at first glance it does feel really good to play.

I've played a lot of co-op though, and that seems pretty rough. It feels like the co-op missions are straight up impossible? On that note if anyone on ERA would like to play co-op let me know as I want to get all of the co-op rewards.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I need to get 2 quad feeds for one of the officer challengers. I only have one and it's driving me nuts trying to get the other one lol

I'm using the cruise missile, but I keep getting triple kills with it. I've been trying on shipment to get it. Anyone have any tips for best killstreak to use etc?
I use hardline on most of my go-to classes, and I use care package, precision air strike, and vtol for my killstreaks. I get at least one quad feed every time I play on Shipment. The air strike in general is really good, but it destroys on that map. The spawns are super predictable so you can just paint wherever the enemy team is spawning from. Overall I would definitely say that I prefer the airstrike to the cruise missile, or the cluster strike

Also, I have to say the care package is pretty underrated. Outside of the mounted gun, the usual streaks you can get from it are useful, and you'll occasionally get something great like a chopper gunner, gunship, or juggernaut. The white phosphorus strike is amazing on Shipment as well, you can call it anywhere and it'll spawn kill the enemy team for a few minutes or so

Last edited:

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I use hardline on most of my go-to classes, and I use care package, precision air strike, and vtol for my killstreaks. I get at least one quad feed every time I play on Shipment. The air strike in general is really good, but it destroys on that map. The spawns are super predictable so you can just paint wherever the enemy team is spawning from
Thanks. I'll try the precision air strike, but surely the Vtol does not kill quick enough to rack up a quad feed?

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. I'll try the precision air strike, but surely the Vtol does not kill quick enough to rack up a quad feed?
On its own no, but if it's hovering over shipment while you're getting gun kills or throwing explosives at the enemy team then you'll have a very high chance of getting a quad feed. Usually it's the precision airstrike that helps me get the quad feed - it's so good on a map like Shipment. If you paint a corner (or the center, in the case of Hardpoint/HQ on Shipment) it will the tear the enemy team apart

Care package is nice too because with the hardline perk you can get a lot of them, and it's not uncommon to get good streaks from them. I played a match on Shipment on Sunday, from my own care packages I got white phosphorus, a wheelson, and multiple air strikes and cluster strikes. I stole another player's care package from the enemy team and his had a gunship. With my set up, it's only a matter of time til a quad feed happens

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On its own no, but if it's hovering over shipment while you're getting gun kills or throwing explosives at the enemy team then you'll have a very high chance of getting a quad feed. Usually it's the precision airstrike that helps me get the quad feed - it's so good on a map like Shipment. If you paint a corner (or the center, in the case of Hardpoint/HQ on Shipment) it will the tear the enemy team apart

Care package is nice too because with the hardline perk you can get a lot of them, and it's not uncommon to get good streaks from them. I played a match on Shipment on Sunday, from my own care packages I got white phosphorus, a wheelson, and multiple air strikes and cluster strikes. I stole another player's care package from the enemy team and his had a gunship. With my set up, it's only a matter of time til a quad feed happens
Thanks. One thing about care packages in this game is that I wish you could re-roll them like in Blops 4. The engineer perk was so good for that. It made the care packages OP.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I haven't actually played much either but at first glance it does feel really good to play.

I've played a lot of co-op though, and that seems pretty rough. It feels like the co-op missions are straight up impossible? On that note if anyone on ERA would like to play co-op let me know as I want to get all of the co-op rewards.
I'll play the co-op levels with you. Acti ID: Hoodbury29. I'm on PS4. PSN ID: Hoodbury. I've beaten 2 or 3 of them but I don't mind doing them again. I play nights, CST usually around 7:30 if that works.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Deathbringer-Overview-768x303.png

About time but for 2400, I think I might pass.

Def one of the better bundles but I already bought the Gas Mask one so I'm not buying anymore expensive bundles for a while

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'll play the co-op levels with you. Acti ID: Hoodbury29. I'm on PS4. PSN ID: Hoodbury. I've beaten 2 or 3 of them but I don't mind doing them again. I play nights, CST usually around 7:30 if that works.

For sure. I'm actually in the UK so our time zones are out of sync but I'll add you as I'm actually usually up at 1:30 am (that's 7:30 for you). It'd lag for competitive MP but I think we'd be fine for co-op.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
For sure. I'm actually in the UK so our time zones are out of sync but I'll add you as I'm actually usually up at 1:30 am (that's 7:30 for you). It'd lag for competitive MP but I think we'd be fine for co-op.
How long do the co-op levels take to complete?
Sounds good. If we could get a third that would help a lot at having success at them since like you said they are tough and you really need at least 3 people who know what they are doing to beat them.

How long they take? They can take awhile, like a half hour to 45 minutes it felt like. Especially the first one if you kinda cheese it by keeping 1 person on the roof of the stadium.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds good. If we could get a third that would help a lot at having success at them since like you said they are tough and you really need at least 3 people who know what they are doing to beat them.

How long they take? They can take awhile, like a half hour to 45 minutes it felt like. Especially the first one if you kinda cheese it by keeping 1 person on the roof of the stadium.

Are you on tonight? I'll make sure I'm on at 1:30am lol

Oct 27, 2017

I'd be down to help, I beat the first 4 and havent done anything else. PSN Nighthawk17

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Hoodbury and I spent 2 hours trying to complete the co-op missions but they seem so damn difficult. I completed 2, one with randoms and one with Hood, but afterwards we just failed the other two missions we tried over and over (I think missions 4 and 7).

It's very hard to make out what we're supposed to do to succeed because in most instances the enemies just spawn continuously right in your face, and the hardest portions of the missions tend to be where objectives expose you to enemies from all angles. Most often, it just feels like luck as to whether you survive, enemy damage also seems to vary quite considerably and you get instances with constant screenshake and flinch. Difficult, and not especially enjoyable...

I'd be down to help, I beat the first 4 and havent done anything else. PSN Nighthawk17

For sure dude, I'm likely to be going at them till I've completed them all. I haven't done mission 4 but I've done the first 3.

Oct 27, 2017
Hoodbury and I spent 2 hours trying to complete the co-op missions but they seem so damn difficult. I completed 2, one with randoms and one with Hood, but afterwards we just failed the other two missions we tried over and over (I think missions 4 and 7).

It's very hard to make out what we're supposed to do to succeed because in most instances the enemies just spawn continuously right in your face, and the hardest portions of the missions tend to be where objectives expose you to enemies from all angles. Most often, it just feels like luck as to whether you survive, enemy damage also seems to vary quite considerably and you get instances with constant screenshake and flinch. Difficult, and not especially enjoyable...

For sure dude, I'm likely to be going at them till I've completed them all. I haven't done mission 4 but I've done the first 3.
Just gotta use the turtle strategy along with medic if much hasn't changed since November.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Spec Ops could've been so good, but instead it's just a miserably boring grind with waves of overtuned enemies constantly spawning while you stand around objectives. MW2 and 3 had some exciting and intense missions that had you pushing through an onslaught of foes, but it never felt so cheaply artificial and unfinished.

It just feels like a testing ground for the inevitable Battle Royale mode it'll get shunted aside for.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FFS, I missed the great white bundle along with the mad chemist, but they've added some more and my god I love them as well.

Ahhjjj they've nailed the cosmetic packs IMHO

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
smh they still haven't fixed challenges.

And they don't even need to. Enough people are willing to pay extra for this Bug fest

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit that today I didn't play as much. A real down after the high of shipment double xp.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've decided not to buy the battle pass, the grind is too long to be buying it midway through the season. I've got to like level 36 so far after playing for a few hours a day during the festive break and the double xp event so no chance I get to level 100 when I go back to work next week.

the resetting back to level 55 is also proper shit. The challenges are crap and offer no real incentive to just keep grinding the same crap out all the time.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Has anyone else problems to login today? The game just tells me that it connecting with online services, but nothing happens.

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played in a couple of weeks, fired it up to see if anything improved. Nope.

Spec Ops could've been so good, but instead it's just a miserably boring grind with waves of overtuned enemies constantly spawning while you stand around objectives. MW2 and 3 had some exciting and intense missions that had you pushing through an onslaught of foes, but it never felt so cheaply artificial and unfinished.

It just feels like a testing ground for the inevitable Battle Royale mode it'll get shunted aside for.

Yeah this was one of my biggest disappointments. My friend and I were looking forward to interesting spec ops missions with varying difficulties. This one just misses the mark completely and feels thrown in last minute with no balance or tuning or thought put into it.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I have no idea what's going on but I just got another two free gifts on the for you tab, only sprays/calling cards/emblems but still mad.

Oct 27, 2017
Just huddle up and revive each other constantly? Yeah I could see that working.
Using the shield with a lmg, the medic class ability that rezs everyone, have one teammate in a safe area so everyone can continue to respawn.
Haven't played in a couple of weeks, fired it up to see if anything improved. Nope.

Yeah this was one of my biggest disappointments. My friend and I were looking forward to interesting spec ops missions with varying difficulties. This one just misses the mark completely and feels thrown in last minute with no balance or tuning or thought put into it.
Thats cause it was a last minute addition:/
We actually got some communication from someone at IW. Just hope this will not be the last one for weeks.

Dont hold your breath.
Good to hear we might be getting more class slots. It's sorely needed in a game with so many different modes.

And I highly doubt they'll charge for class slots.
I could see them putting it in the battle pass and give 1-2 for free and the rest are in the paid pass.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Does the Battle Pass price gets reduced at some point or does it stay 1000 CP until the time runs out?

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Can someone please tell when skin/shop offers expire/switch? I'm either blind or the game fails to show a timer. How do I know when a thing disappears? Thanks!

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
And I highly doubt they'll charge for class slots.

They already did it once. It was in "the beloved" Black Ops II game.

"The Extra Slots Pack is another $2 purchase. It provides 10 additional Create-a-Class slots for multiplayer. Furthermore, it allows the buyer to store 20 more emblems, 32 more films, 40 more screenshots in their media library."

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Maybe it's because I'm leveling the Oden, but every game today feels awful. Enemies everywhere, near impossible to take the objective, snipers and campers in every corner, every game stats like 11 - 21, 7 - 19 and so on. As far away from fun as it can be.

Can someone please tell when skin/shop offers expire/switch? I'm either blind or the game fails to show a timer. How do I know when a thing disappears? Thanks!

The same time as the dailies. But you can't see at what time a specific pack expires. Sometimes they switch only one pack, other times 2 or 3.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's because I'm leveling the Oden, but every game today feels awful. Enemies everywhere, near impossible to take the objective, snipers and campers in every corner, every game stats like 11 - 21, 7 - 19 and so on. As far away from fun as it can be

Trust me, it isn't just you. It is the main reason I only stick to shoot house, it has the most consistent layout/design. Also, may I suggest smoke grenades? ...they aren't the perfect solution but definitely make taking Objectives solo slightly more manageable. But yeah, some maps have some wonky line of sight business or too many nooks/crannies to hide in. Not even gonna bother complaining about the spawn system and TTK...

What really blows my mind is how hard it is for fellow teammates to play Objectives, period. Even Kill Confirmed, folks will simply run PAST a tag. Intentionally. Unless I make it my mission to cap points, I feel like its a 50/50 chance of winning or losing.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
They already did it once. It was in "the beloved" Black Ops II game.

"The Extra Slots Pack is another $2 purchase. It provides 10 additional Create-a-Class slots for multiplayer. Furthermore, it allows the buyer to store 20 more emblems, 32 more films, 40 more screenshots in their media library."
Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Despite Infinity Ward claiming you won't be matched against mouse players via cross play I've seen enough evidence to convince me otherwise. Just turned off cross play once and for all.

I literally saw a person in a lobby with a mouse icon. I'm on PS4.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Despite Infinity Ward claiming you won't be matched against mouse players via cross play I've seen enough evidence to convince me otherwise. Just turned off cross play once and for all.

I literally saw a person in a lobby with a mouse icon. I'm on PS4.

If it's anything like Fortnite used to be, people matchmake then switch controller.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Just got the game and is there a map that isn't complete garbage? On shipment i can literally stand in one spot and have 4-5 guys respawn in front of me before i'm found out.

Also, why was rainbow 6 vegas, which came out in 2006, the only shooter to get player customization right? Seeing 6 kruegers running around is very lame.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Just got the game and is there a map that isn't complete garbage? On shipment i can literally stand in one spot and have 4-5 guys respawn in front of me before i'm found out.

Also, why was rainbow 6 vegas, which came out in 2006, the only shooter to get player customization right? Seeing 6 kruegers running around is very lame.

The default chap on both sides look the best imo, because they're look like the most well equipped for a gunfight. I agree though, it'd be better if we could just customise them ourselves. I'm not even sure why we even have operators when they don't have special abilities, probably just to sell more skins. They'll never change that stuff now though, and it doesn't really matter, some of the operators look cool at least.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC

Gun Runner and Hackney Yard are great. Stay away from 10v10 maps.