• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bet next weekend will be double XP (after Christmas for all the new folks)

Guess I'm gonna max out the anime girl gun this weekend.

Funny thing is Vacant was originally a visually "bland" map as it was set right outside Chernobyl.
It was atmosphere, now its just generic.

Now with buildings outside for whatever reason.

Seeing it side by side just hammers home how boring the remake is

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Not sure if anyone has posted this or not but now with SBMM we all have to take "Christmas Noobs" out of our vocabulary.

RIP Xmas Noobs "pour out a lil liquor " Tupac 1996

Phylyps

Oct 29, 2017
Amsterdam
Annoying bug in Infected mode since the update - when you respawn from a tac-insertion you don't get a throwing knife. Makes playing Infected pretty tedious.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if anyone has posted this or not but now with SBMM we all have to take "Christmas Noobs" out of our vocabulary.

RIP Xmas Noobs "pour out a lil liquor " Tupac 1996
I don't think the SBMM has really affected my experience all that much. I have rough games like I do in any CoD, and I have games where my team stomps without issue. I've got a healthy SPM and KDR from playing normally, scouting the map and checking corners, flushing out campers, and controlling lanes from various angles.

I get it, the game is severely flawed in terms of pace and map design, as well as mechanical flaws that encourage camping and such. In spite of that, I'm not really feeling matchmaking is any more or less aggressive than in the past.

I lament the absence of Control, however. I hope that mode makes a return. It and Headquarters are my favorite objective-based modes.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Imagine knowing exactly what players want and refusing to give it to them

Holograms

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've been getting insane lag spikes since the second last update. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar? I'm going crazy here and it's making the game nigh unplayable.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
I've been getting insane lag spikes since the second last update. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar? I'm going crazy here and it's making the game nigh unplayable.

Yeah, I'm having a huge stutter after the latest patch some games almost unplayable.

Is "just for you" section in the store really personalized (rng) or is it the same stuff for everyone. It gave me a nice MP5 blueprint the Flood some people say they got different bundles.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Eh I just want to say I keep playing a match and then quitting. Think I'm done. Really enjoyed it at first but again it's run it's course.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone else find themselves matching onto the losing team more often than not?
I'm not talking joining midway through a game, though that happens way too much (especially in Ground War).

But I'm an average player (not amazing, not terrible) and I'm consistently put on teams that just get absolutely trounced by the enemy team. And it's no single person on my team that's letting the side down - it's just that the enemy team is on a completely different level to us.

Is this the worst luck in the world, or SBMM?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else find themselves matching onto the losing team more often than not?
I'm not talking joining midway through a game, though that happens way too much (especially in Ground War).

But I'm an average player (not amazing, not terrible) and I'm consistently put on teams that just get absolutely trounced by the enemy team. And it's no single person on my team that's letting the side down - it's just that the enemy team is on a completely different level to us.

Is this the worst luck in the world, or SBMM?

Ahh, the good old Call of Duty lobby balancing.

I hate it, I'm like you, not bad, but not great and I always get out with the worst team mates whilst the other team is full of CWL players. I can be doing pretty well thinking oh cool we're doing well, look at the scoreboard in ground war and it's 22-194 or something like that and I'm like, well that's another loss then.

Deleted member 10314

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you just want the challenge done and don't care about doing it "legitimately," you can farm high killstreaks by sticking by your ammo box on Ground War and shooting down aerial killstreaks with Pointman. Getting enough points for a Juggernaut is not possible in every match but eventually if you hit a crazy enough one on the right map, you will get it.

managed to get this doing this method. Took a few attempts on the farm and I found it was easiest staying at the ammo box at the home area near A. You're kind of hidden behind a fence and no one else was attempting to take down UAV's when I got it.
Thanks for the tip!
Just got to get one more long shot while injured and I'm done for this season.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Has anyone else noticed a potential SBMM manipulation in regards to changing up your opponents as you play? I have noticed for about 3 weeks or so the first 3 games or so I get placed in rooms with scrubs, then I get put into the rooms I am supposed to be in.

Im wondering if this intentional as to encourage longer play sessions? If you are dropping 35-40 kills out the gate it def makes me want to play more.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else noticed a potential SBMM manipulation in regards to changing up your opponents as you play? I have noticed for about 3 weeks or so the first 3 games or so I get placed in rooms with scrubs, then I get put into the rooms I am supposed to be in.

Im wondering if this intentional as to encourage longer play sessions? If you are dropping 35-40 kills out the gate it def makes me want to play more.

Probably just your placement games then it says oh right, you should be in this group.

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh, the good old Call of Duty lobby balancing.

I hate it, I'm like you, not bad, but not great and I always get out with the worst team mates whilst the other team is full of CWL players. I can be doing pretty well thinking oh cool we're doing well, look at the scoreboard in ground war and it's 22-194 or something like that and I'm like, well that's another loss then.
This is a problem with practically every mp game, one team is always way better even though there's sbmm in the games. It makes no damn sense to me.

They gotta take mounting out the game for real, too many damn people mounting on shipment. It's disgusting.

Zasa

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking forward to coming back to this game this week because they finally added some of the old maps to 6v6 (only new map I enjoyed was Hackney), but now I'm learning that IW decided to shove even more chaos, headglitches, jumpspots, & lines of sight to all of them? Not to mention horrible spawns in Shipment. At least Vacant seems mainly untouched.

Looks like it's still a waiting game until they add BR then.

Last edited:

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Was looking forward to coming back to this game this week because they finally added some of the old maps to 6v6 (only new map I enjoyed was Hackney), but now I'm learning that IW decided to shove even more chaos, headglitches, jumpspots, & lines of sight to all of them? Not to mention horrible spawns in Shipment. At least Vacant seems mainly untouched.

Looks like it's still a waiting game until they add BR then.

OK, I'm glad I wasn't the only one feeling this way. I haven't gotten to play much Shipment because it's nearly impossible to find a lobby, but it definitely felt way more chaotic. WW2 Shipment was fantastic--after they fixed the wallbanging, I never got spawnkilled and it was actually pretty easy to put together a streak. MW Shipment feels like a complete clusterfuck and somehow people are still finding a way to go prone and camp.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw a video of the evolution of Shipment. Needed a reminder, lol.

IMO, Showdown from Ghosts seems like the best version of it. Big reason is them extending the map. You still get the chaos but you feel like you can breathe.

This new 2019 Shipment? Terrible. I'm not an expert in spawns but if you look at an overhead view of the map and compare it to the old versions, there were 2 crates on opposite sides that were at a diagonal. Between the crates was a spawn point. By adjusting the crates and closing this gap, this pretty much deleted a spawn point.

This new version of Shipment is the only version where they made this crate adjustment. I personally feel this "small" change is one of the big reasons it plays so horribly now.

I've enjoyed Shipment in the past. Great way to complete challenges but this new one doesn't give me that same feeling. I'll gladly take Shoot House over Shipment.

Oct 25, 2017
Vacant looks pretty cool. I have not played it yet since I uninstalled again (due to size issues, I really need a third storage drive these days). I am definitely planning on hopping back in yet again, but will wait for even more maps... plus just got a ton of other games to play as well.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw a video of the evolution of Shipment. Needed a reminder, lol.

IMO, Showdown from Ghosts seems like the best version of it. Big reason is them extending the map. You still get the chaos but you feel like you can breathe.
Eh... Showtime was cool, but once the Field Orders start dropping it's even more chaotic. I prefer Shipment 1944, which was a decent bit larger than the original map but still kept a good pace for combat, while making map control and holding sightlines still a critical part of gameplay.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's weird, I got two free gift packs today (one each time I loaded the game). One had a legendary MP5 blueprint

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Vacant is a good addition, but this is easily the worst version of Shipment in any CoD.

Cranked is glorious

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
How did any dev play Shipment and think it was good? Did no one playtest this at all?

I'm baffled how a professional game development company can release a map THIS bad.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
This game makes me rage more than any game in the last 10 years.

I started the 1st month and a half at about a 2.3 KD with a good winning percent. According to the cod app my past week my KD is 1.5. Somethings changed for me, I'm dying instantly every game. The kill cams always show them shooting me plenty of times (3-5 bullets) but it's never like that on my screen. As soon as I see someone I'm just instantly deleted. I just don't get it and it's really frustrating me.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
lol I think i just got sick from playing shipment.
I feel like i just got off a boat.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any of the COD devs even retain spawn programers anymore.
Its a significant issue with every game after MW2-BO that never gets fixed then the next game releases with even worse spawns.

Why bother paying those guys, fans will complain all year and then just buy the next one.
Why is it my entire freaking team can be in 1 building together and the game then spawns me alone across the damn map from everyone.

The revenge spawn BS that has been a secret mechanic since like WaW and MW2 needs to be written the hell out of the code already.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
How did any dev play Shipment and think it was good? Did no one playtest this at all?

I'm baffled how a professional game development company can release a map THIS bad.
Piccadilly exists, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume "enough playtesting went in to determine the map was functional and that player retention wouldn't be affected by it being introduced, not that it was actually good."

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Piccadilly exists, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume "enough playtesting went in to determine the map was functional and that player retention wouldn't be affected by it being introduced, not that it was actually good."
But at least in Piccadilly you can somewhat walk around.

You can't even spawn in Shipment. You spawn right in the enemy's line of sight. Right behind enemies. You spawn on grenades and Molotov's. Spawn in front of bullets. There's actually no way that no one noticed this.

I've always hated Shipment but it's never been this bad.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vacant is pretty good. I don't hate it and a lot of loadouts seem to work well there. I do think it might be wise to remove the mount feature altogether though.

Shipment is trash, and the spawns are terrible lol. But its good for kill streak and multikills assignments.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Gotta love people and teams who don't know the game mode and don't go for the objective
oVMN5xH.jpg

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Or the game could do a better job at rewarding objective play style
This is generally true but the amount of points is insane you get for going for the objective. And I thought that's what the average guy want, lots of scores -> lots of XP -> level up and unlockables. After all it's theses tropes that made it so popular the last decade. And of course to win the game is another reward. But there were two occasions where I was sitting at the objective and not even one enemy even TRIED to get into it.

There's a lot to hate about this game, but some people are just dumb and there's no nice and cosy way to say it and you can't just blame EVERYTHING on the game and take off any responsibility and common sense from the player.

On the other hand I play 90% S&D only and it works quite well with random teams in contrast to so many conquest and HQ games (and I only did them for a daily challenge and was proven right instantly).

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Man the hit detection in this game for the past few days is bad. Even in hardcore TDM I'm getting hit markers left and right. And for the love of God IW please add a "clear all new item" option. People have been asking for this since the beta. To me it feels like IW no longer cares.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
This is generally true but the amount of points is insane you get for going for the objective. And I thought that's what the average guy want, lots of scores -> lots of XP -> level up and unlockables. After all it's theses tropes that made it so popular the last decade. And of course to win the game is another reward. But there were two occasions where I was sitting at the objective and not even one enemy even TRIED to get into it.

There's a lot to hate about this game, but some people are just dumb and there's no nice and cosy way to say it and you can't just blame EVERYTHING on the game and take off any responsibility and common sense from the player.

On the other hand I play 90% S&D only and it works quite well with random teams in contrast to so many conquest and HQ games (and I only did them for a daily challenge and was proven right instantly).
Scorestreak CODs had people racing to cap flags and shoot down UAVs. This is the first COD game in a long time that I've bothered to not use a launcher secondary. No one bothers in this game because it doesn't help you. XP-wise I get way more from fragging than sitting on a flag anyway.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Scorestreaks were perfect for getting people to play the objective, going back to killstreaks ruined that. I also think some of the objective zones are questionable, like how the domination B flag on most maps is usually a cover-less deathtrap. There are plenty of times where I'll just get sick of going after B, unless my team decides to move on it

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm enjoying this after a break and I want to buy the battle pass but I just feel like it's wasted money as no way will I be able to finish it. The grind fucking sucks!

Oct 25, 2017
Scorestreaks were perfect for getting people to play the objective, going back to killstreaks ruined that. I also think some of the objective zones are questionable, like how the domination B flag on most maps is usually a cover-less deathtrap. There are plenty of times where I'll just get sick of going after B, unless my team decides to move on it

Weird how most games do not reward you the way scorestreaks do and yet people still play the objective. But I think people also have a misconception about playing the objective, being that you do not have to literally be on the objective to contribute to a win. Using the end score to signify if someone was playing the map right is just too open to error. Someone could never touch the objectives and yet contribute heavily towards a win. The person who just sat on the objective and reaped the benefit of others hard work can complain that they did all the work but in actuality the score did not reflect who contributed the most.

I do not think most of the maps in this game, with the spawn system and in totality, support objective modes very well though. At least with random teams it is not like you are employing a coherent strategy. So I have seen plenty of people screw up a winning position, because they would push a third point when it was a bad time to or leave a flank exposed, etc..

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Man I'm enjoying this after a break and I want to buy the battle pass but I just feel like it's wasted money as no way will I be able to finish it. The grind fucking sucks!

lol, same. Just installed it today and I'm enjoying it more than I remember. I also want to buy the battle pass, but I give myself 3 days at max until I want to smash my monitor with my gamepad.