• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Tolerated maybe a minute of Vacant and five minutes of Shipment and that's enough of CoD: MW for me lol. If they come up with a new hectic but not ridiculous map like Shoot House I might come back for that, but Shipment is way too much.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Playing hardpoint on shipment is probably the stupidest and best thing in this game. Shoot an RPG in any direction and you'll most likely get a double kill.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Playing hardpoint on shipment is probably the stupidest and best thing in this game. Shoot an RPG in any direction and you'll most likely get a double kill.
I got Headquarters on shipment last night and audibly gasped in my discord call when I saw it loading lol. It was as ridiculous as it sounds too. I think I got like 130 kills and we just had to play out the timer because no teams could win

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Can you pass on a request to add a deadzone slider for the sticks?

giphy.gif

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah shipment is the worst thing ever, but I've been regularly playing WW2 for the past month and have to use 24/7 shipment to complete contracts sometimes so I'm used to it

Oct 27, 2017
Again, Shipment spawns have barely changed. What did people think Shipment played like back in 2007 and then two years ago in CoD WWII?

There is somethings to be frustrated about but somethings really are just bizarre.
Shipment spawns were never this bad. Then they add two separate sight line into two spawns making it worse.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Shipment spawns were never this bad. Then they add two separate sight line into two spawns making it worse.

You mean the top of the crates? Cause there isn't any additional sight lines on the ground. And people who go above typically die instantly.

And yeah, they were this bad before. I think people have nostalgia goggles or something. I can't count how many times I died instantly in Shipment back in MW/MWR and WWII.

Oct 29, 2017
So what does the $10 bundle get you? I think I got it at the beginning 9f the season. Just the operators and calling cards?

Weapons should have been included. I dont want to grind for 20 hours to get the ram7

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda thinking about buying the Battle Pass. But I'll be out of town next month and I'll probably max out around level 40-50 by the time it closes.

I wish if you buy a Battle Pass you'd be able to keep going through it even once the season for it "ends". Take out CoD points once the season ends if you have to.

Oct 25, 2017
You mean the top of the crates? Cause there isn't any additional sight lines on the ground. And people who go above typically die instantly.

And yeah, they were this bad before. I think people have nostalgia goggles or something. I can't count how many times I died instantly in Shipment back in MW/MWR and WWII.

They were never near this bad before.
I had never spawn "out" or in the middle before.
Enemies can spawn in the damn containers with you,

Twice I spawn up against the middle containers looking at the ground.
its atrocious

They also really fucked Vacant up, far more than Crash.

Oct 25, 2017
Conspiracy theory - they make it 15x more likely to match into vacant instead of shipment to burn double xp tokens because they count down in lobby for some idiotic reason

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
They were never near this bad before.
I had never spawn "out" or in the middle before.
Enemies can spawn in the damn containers with you,

Twice I spawn up against the middle containers looking at the ground.
its atrocious

They also really fucked Vacant up, far more than Crash.

Vacant seems the same. I didn't notice any additional sight lines or paths.

Oct 25, 2017
Vacant seems the same. I didn't notice any additional sight lines or paths.
They made the computer room way bigger,
The computer room is more open now, someone sat in the hall on the gated doorway and just mowed everyone down spawning in there in the open
Doors everywhere
They added buildings outside by the shipping containers
The fuel truck was replaced with a box truck that you can get into the rear of.
Has no atmosphere or theme anymore

TKRunningRiot

Oct 26, 2017
uggh, separate vacant out of the HC season mosh pit, everyone quits if its not shipment and it takes forever to get into a match.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
They made the computer room way bigger,
The computer room is more open now, someone sat in the hall on the gated doorway and just mowed everyone down spawning in there in the open
Doors everywhere
They added buildings outside by the shipping containers
The fuel truck was replaced with a box truck that you can get into the rear of.
Has no atmosphere or theme anymore
You could say its atmosphere and theme has vacated the premises.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
To be honest I feel like the atmosphere across the board is just lacking. Almost every map looks extremely similar, all with the same sandy yellow/washed out colour palette and always with the sunny/dry wearher.

Oct 29, 2017
To be honest I feel like the atmosphere across the board is just lacking. Almost every map looks extremely similar, all with the same sandy yellow/washed out colour palette and always with the sunny/dry wearher.

Yea, despite the new engine, this game has the most generic visuals I've seen in a while. I wouldnt even say it has an art style. Theres no consistency or theme across any of the maps/character designs/calling cards etc

Anyone been playing shipment? Are yall spawning multiple times in a row smack dab in the middle of the map?

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I'm starting to like shipment. You can't take the map serious. Have to turn your brains off when you play it. With good team mates, you basically just hold trigger all day. And it's the best way to level up.

Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing is Vacant was originally a visually "bland" map as it was set right outside Chernobyl.
It was atmosphere, now its just generic.
EMNTMzmX0AAXYPl

maxresdefault.jpg

EMNTMP-UcAAsJlo

latest

Now with buildings outside for whatever reason.
EMNTKtgUcAElY8s

Last edited:

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
How do I switch between which killstreak perk i want to use in a match? It loads up my missile strike before my uav. I would like to use my uav before my missile strike, but don't know how to select it. (on xbone)

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
How do I switch between which killstreak perk i want to use in a match? It loads up my missile strike before my uav. I would like to use my uav before my missile strike, but don't know how to select it. (on xbone)
If you hold right on the d-pad instead of clicking it, a menu should come up that lets you choose which one you want to use first.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Funny thing is Vacant was originally a visually "bland" map as it was set right outside Chernobyl.
latest

Good post.

I pretty much agree also. I mean when you compare the corridor shot from 'classic' Vacant, you can see how generic it looks. It's not instantly recognisable as the same place.

I'm a big fan of reskinned maps from previous COD but this one does fall a bit short to be fair.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Could anyone please tell me if there is usually a confirmation prompt when spending coins?

I added 2400 coins to buy the battlepass and save the rest for when I saw something I wanted, before I went through with the battlepass purchase, I backed out to see what else I could buy. I clicked on the battlepass bundle to get more information (I think you're supposed to mouse-over it because it was designed for consoles or something) and it just purchased it straight away! I was already half-way through the unlocks and just wasted 700 coins.

Soon as I clicked it, it went through.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First time logged on for a few days and I see they've added two more old maps. People are just going to play the old ones instead of the new shitty ones, aren't they?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could anyone please tell me if there is usually a confirmation prompt when spending coins?

I added 2400 coins to buy the battlepass and save the rest for when I saw something I wanted, before I went through with the battlepass purchase, I backed out to see what else I could buy. I clicked on the battlepass bundle to get more information (I think you're supposed to mouse-over it because it was designed for consoles or something) and it just purchased it straight away! I was already half-way through the unlocks and just wasted 700 coins.

Soon as I clicked it, it went through.

Sounds like you pressed the quick buy button

Deleted member 10314

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got to rank 155 with two officer challenges left. Get 7 long shot kills while having low health, ive got 5 up to now, and call in a juggernaut. Really think I won't be able to do that one. Highest kill streak I have is 13 because I'm very much a run and gun type of player. I struggle with camping.
Rank 91 on battlepass with just over 5 days of play time.

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
Just got to rank 155 with two officer challenges left. Get 7 long shot kills while having low health, ive got 5 up to now, and call in a juggernaut. Really think I won't be able to do that one. Highest kill streak I have is 13 because I'm very much a run and gun type of player. I struggle with camping.
Man thats some grind for sure. Im only at 123 only at BP 54. Feels like forever to get the pass up. I had a feeling one of the challenges was for a juggernaut and im sure i wont make that one either.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
If you just want the challenge done and don't care about doing it "legitimately," you can farm high killstreaks by sticking by your ammo box on Ground War and shooting down aerial killstreaks with Pointman. Getting enough points for a Juggernaut is not possible in every match but eventually if you hit a crazy enough one on the right map, you will get it.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on the Sniper mission, at the stage where I can use any Sniper Scope to get 75 kills so I decided to level the Kar-98 to complete it. Still don't have a sniper scope for the K98 yet but it's been fun playing maps like Shoothouse and absolutely clowning on people, dropping 20 bombs with it. Sure, I get wrecked at close range but if I see anyone first at mid- to long-range they're dead.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
EMNTMzmX0AAXYPl

maxresdefault.jpg

EMNTMP-UcAAsJlo

latest

Now with buildings outside for whatever reason.
EMNTKtgUcAElY8s

Totally agree. I was actually going around the map, taking screenshots but nothing was impressive. Much prefer the older version in terms of visuals.

That warehouse in the back is too empty and lifeless with everything taken out.

Deleted member 10314

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man thats some grind for sure. Im only at 123 only at BP 54. Feels like forever to get the pass up. I had a feeling one of the challenges was for a juggernaut and im sure i wont make that one either.

it was, but I didn't mind at all. I'm recovering from surgery so I've plenty of time to do them. Each time I levelled up, I had a look at what was needed and just focused on that. Only really had to grind things outside of my normal play style, like using a sniper.

If you just want the challenge done and don't care about doing it "legitimately," you can farm high killstreaks by sticking by your ammo box on Ground War and shooting down aerial killstreaks with Pointman. Getting enough points for a Juggernaut is not possible in every match but eventually if you hit a crazy enough one on the right map, you will get it.

I'll give it a go, not really bothered about legitimate when it's an absolute drag for me to get to that kill streak. Thanks for that.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
In Black Ops it used to really annoy me when my friends only wanted to play Nuketown but with this game I finally understand it. Without Shoothouse 24/7 I just do not have any fun in multiplayer at all