• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I do like this Operator outfit but feels like it would make you too easy to spot in most of the maps

Winter-Warrior-300x300.jpg
I pick operator skins based on visibility. In other words, "which skin makes me the most tan?"

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
I do like this Operator outfit but feels like it would make you too easy to spot in most of the maps

Winter-Warrior-300x300.jpg

Thanks for the codmwstore.com website. It's good to browse as I ain't got enough time to sit around looking around at everything on the store. Not like I'll buy anything until there's a sale or something anyways.

I guess as we get our next 'new' map next week.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not keen on buying anything from the shop, given I know this CoD will rotate out with next year's game, and so on. It makes no sense to spend money on a lot of games out there, even less so to spend the same kind of money Fortnite asks of folks, but in a game that has a yearlong lifespan at best. It's asinine, really, and I say that as someone who was asinine enough to buy loot boxes and such in the past.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not keen on buying anything from the shop, given I know this CoD will rotate out with next year's game, and so on. It makes no sense to spend money on a lot of games out there, even less so to spend the same kind of money Fortnite asks of folks, but in a game that has a yearlong lifespan at best. It's asinine, really, and I say that as someone who was asinine enough to buy loot boxes and such in the past.

I'll probably play this for a couple of years like I did WW2 (depends how BO5 turns out but I skipped BO4) or at least until I pick up the Series X at least, so I don't mind putting some money down. What I wont do though is pay full price, I'll wait for an inevitable promotion down the road and pick something up that I really want. I ain't got money to burn and I don't want them that bad.

Deleted member 10314

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does the items in the store usually go on sale at some point? I don't fancy dropping £16 on a small amount of cosmetic items to be honest.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I love the RAM-7, it is a really good weapon. Packs quite a punch but it's also really fast. I'd put it up there with the MP5 + 10mm rounds which I think is the most lethal gun in the game atm. I don't really feel the M4 is as much a clear winner anymore which is nice. The G36 could use some power though. It's definitely middle of the road in all configurations (AR, SMG, LMG).

I'm enjoying this game a lot more than when I started. I think it just took time to learn the maps and general flow. Also I just left Dom, HQ, and Hardpoint in my matchmaking which helps with the campers. There's nothing in TDM that drives people from their hidey-holes and I've found objective modes improve the experience by a huge margin.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Something about playing Domination and Hardpoint in Piccadilly just tanks my K/D ratio. I die so damn much on that map

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As someone who never played the Crash original, I think it's a shit map. Tons of random buildings and vantage points.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
snipers need to be nerfed into oblivion. the kids running around and instantly scoping and 1 shoting people its so fucking idiotic.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
snipers need to be nerfed into oblivion. the kids running around and instantly scoping and 1 shoting people its so fucking idiotic.
I'm pretty sure it takes longer to scope in and fire with a sniper than it takes to actually kill someone with a SMG if you hit all your shots. Not to mention the flinch on snipers is absolutely insane so even if you hit them once they'll probably miss their shot.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I just finished the last step of the Run N Gun mission to kill 30 enemies with an SMG near smoke and holy shit I never want to use a smoke grenade in this game ever again.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished the last step of the Run N Gun mission to kill 30 enemies with an SMG near smoke and holy shit I never want to use a smoke grenade in this game ever again.
Funny, I just completed that exact same mission, and while the tracking on the mission was horrendous (I easily killed 60+ players while I stood in smoke), I came away loving the potential of a class that pops smoke and hoses people in it.

I had a match where I got two VTOLs without even trying. People just freeze up in smoke when it pops on an OBJ, and don't know what to do. I found the NVG sight is far superior to the thermal, since the NVG is yellow-hot with a green background, while the thermal is white hot, and pains everything as being hot.

If we had more than five class slots, I'd probably use it as a gimmick class!

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
So I recently reinstalled the game after getting an RTX 2070 Super, and wanted to test it out. I had a GTX 1070 before which performed pretty well, but wanted to see the performance increase in a demanding game. However first match I get into on Piccadilly Circus and I only hit 30, the game defaulted everything to high, including ray tracing, so I turned some stuff down/off, only to be met with minimal performance increase. Now I know Piccadilly is one of the more demanding looking maps thanks to a variety of reflection and lighting effects, but it was never 30fps bad. I quit, got into a different match, better performance but still not great, fluctuating wildly from 60 fps to 120 with lots of stuttering. It was much more consistent before.

So I'm wondering, did a recent patch screw with performance? I've seen large improvement with my new GPU in other games, but MW seems to be all over the map. If it helps, on top of the 2070 Super I have an i7 6700k, 16gb of RAM, and the game is installed on an SSD.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Anyone have tips for Quad Feed?
I just played a few games where I got Chopper Gunner + VTOL and I STILL couldn't get the quad feed.

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
Anyone have tips for Quad Feed?
I just played a few games where I got Chopper Gunner + VTOL and I STILL couldn't get the quad feed.

Cheese it on Hardcore Shoot House. Equip some magnifying optic on an automatic weapon. There is an elevated jump spot on the very southeast corner of the map that gives you line of sight down the entire east lane. Vault from the crate to the spot, prone, and camp that lane. Good way to rack up long shots for camo challenges as well.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
This game man I swear, I've hit rank 155 but it won't let me level up to 156 and complete the final officer challenge. It's locked lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Port Map Ground War; just saw a dude in my killcam able to see into buildings as he is under the building or map. This is near B. At first I thought it was a glitch on my kill camera, so I went back a few times... yup, player is glitched under the building and mowing everyone down. Can't find him/her, see him/her, or shot back.

That is some serious bullshit.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Port Map Ground War; just saw a dude in my killcam able to see into buildings as he is under the building or map. This is near B. At first I thought it was a glitch on my kill camera, so I went back a few times... yup, player is glitched under the building and mowing everyone down. Can't find him/her, see him/her, or shot back.

That is some serious bullshit.

I've had this happen to me a couple of times. Also people seemingly sniping with ARs from other side of the map.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm continually amazed at how they got the maps so wrong. Was playing team deathmatch today and come across two people camping at the back of the room in a building. I think they have might have had claymores as well. You did get some campers in Blops 4 who used Torque, but nothing like this shit.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
I'm pretty sure it takes longer to scope in and fire with a sniper than it takes to actually kill someone with a SMG if you hit all your shots. Not to mention the flinch on snipers is absolutely insane so even if you hit them once they'll probably miss their shot.
sniper, marksmen rifle same thing. the amount of times i'm hip fired one shot killed literally gives me a stomach ache thinking about it. playing picadillo against a team of sniper/marksmen rifle users was probably the least fun experience i can imagine. one shot sniped, one shot hip fired, C4 over buses, cars exploding for no reason next to me, but you know maybe i should just use an smg run around and not miss my shots, that'll do it!

Oct 25, 2017
Man it was hilarious with EOD and Spotter on Shoothouse yesterday, dude sat in the back of the map throwing mines out and I kept going to the boarded up office windows and shooting the mines through the wood.
It even killed him multiple times and he just kept going.

I'd almost guarantee I got reported for that lol.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Thanks for the Quad Feed advice y'all. I tried everything but still no dice. Got mad and decided to cool off in a Shoothouse and fuck around with Throwing Knives and got it accidentally on a Throwing Knife double + Cluster Strike double. 🤷🤷🤷

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the Quad Feed advice y'all. I tried everything but still no dice. Got mad and decided to cool off in a Shoothouse and fuck around with Throwing Knives and got it accidentally on a Throwing Knife double + Cluster Strike double. 🤷🤷🤷
I've had quite a few quads on Shoothouse Hardpoint with precision Airstrikes and Wheelsons. Hope you get it done, best of luck.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Anyone playing the PC version on an 34" Ultra Wide with max. 3440x1440 and any idea how to play in 2560x1440 with black bars on each side for higher fps? If even possible?

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone with an Xbox One X say if the performance/framerate has gotten better via patches since launch?

thanks

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
One X here.. feels like the framerate and netcode has become worse with the previous 2 patches. Also the FAL is a monster with the 30 rnd mag.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally just started the campaign, and I'd actually gone through Infinite Warfare again last week -- the graphics (PC max without raytracing) are a ridiculous leap forward from that game. It feels like they've caught up with the recent BF games finally.

But then again I haven't looked at COD WWII in a while. I'd forgotten that was the last COD campaign and I remember its graphics looking somewhat similar on base PS4. Has anyone done a PC comparison between the games?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
But then again I haven't looked at COD WWII in a while. I'd forgotten that was the last COD campaign and I remember its graphics looking somewhat similar on base PS4. Has anyone done a PC comparison between the games?
Modern Warfare is an enormous leap forward for the series in terms of animations, but the leap in visual fidelity is more in regards to complex facial capture and the sheer amount of dynamic objects and actors in each scene. Environments in WWII still look stellar.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Infinity Ward CoD games always look great. Infinite Warfare still looks incredible, backed by almost flawless art direction and even Advanced Warfare probably still holds up.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Infinity Ward CoD games always look great. Infinite Warfare still looks incredible, backed by almost flawless art direction and even Advanced Warfare probably still holds up.
Advanced Warfare is a little rough in some places, but I attribute that to it being a cross-gen game more than anything. It's got a strong visual identity, though not quite on IW's level.