• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'm usually the first to jump in and quell conspiracy talk but I'm convinced that IW made the RAM-7 overpowered to increase Battle Pass conversion.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Game is again -33% off on Battle.net... I might get it this time. The game still has no skill based matchmaking though, right?

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
Huh, interesting. And everyone is ok with that? I am but people always brought the pitchforks out as soon as someone mentioned SBMM.

Yes, the pitchforks are out. Especially on Reddit. Complaints are about the "sweatfest," ie: having to play against equally skilled individuals rather than pub-stomping noobs.

But most people are probably fine with it and just playing the game.

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
I'm usually the first to jump in and quell conspiracy talk but I'm convinced that IW made the RAM-7 overpowered to increase Battle Pass conversion.

Not overpowered, but rather competitive in the current M4/MP5 meta. As to your conspiracy theory, just seems like good business to offer such a tantalizing carrot in a stale meta.

Players will get a taste of the battle pass grind and end up committing to the bundle. This gets them a twenty tier skip, which includes one of the "free" guns. That puts the TAR just a weekend of grind away.

It's a great gun, and probably won't get nerfed until the season concludes. Tier 99 is a pretty sweet skin for her as well.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I can't play anymore, the stuttering rendered the game unplayable thank you activision for season one update and its problems

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
My only real complaint other than the lack of loadouts is the way the objectives unlock.

It's literally all a massive fucking grind. Only one objective active at a time resulting in an extremely repetitive playstyle constantly with actual memorisation of the objectives and constant checking after each match, what a fucking drag. If it all unlocked as you played I could just enjoy the game, instead of walking around throwing double molotovs or semtex instead of holding the gun.

Like when do I get to just play for the fun of it. When the next game is out?

And then if you want to get all the skins for your weapon of choice, you have to use every other weapon to completition :/

Crash was brilliant and now it's gone. I really wish it was more like Overwatch in how it cycles through the maps, I get repeats way too much in Quick Play.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Is it just me or have all the announcers on the coalition side been replaced by the british one

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
The Ram is awesome. Easily my new favorite gun. Now once we get Nikto in I'll be in business.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
So I played a few rounds today, and I'm quite enjoying the MP. The series has never look or sounded better, and the gunplay makes it easy to forgive issues I run into with spawns not being all that great

Did anyone else have free CoD points upon loading this one up? I was curious to know how much the Battle Pass was, but when I selected the option, it was automatically purchased, which is when I discovered I had 3000 or so CoD Points on my account. I for sure didn't buy them...

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
Shoot house is great for a number of reasons:

- high kill count
- lack of significant opportunities to camp
- ability to really learn the map - sight-lines, angles etc
- low time from death to getting back into the fight
- supports every different weapon class, from knife-melee masters to LMGs
- relatively high XP is generally possible given the amount of conflicts
- ability to hard counter anything due to size and 3-lane set up

It essentially cures the crap that still needs fixing by virtue of being small.
ShootHouse has been great to me honestly. I've been using it to level up my guns, the BP tiers and the Officer challenges quicker than the standard playlists.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
How are you guys getting these free cod points or just accidentally purchasing the battle pass..

I've seen this quite a few places with people adamant they didn't have any cod points but were able to get the pass.

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
Been real interested in playing this for a while especially with the new battlepass out. Think I'll start out with the standard edition. It looks like it's on sale for 39.99. Is that a good deal?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Been real interested in playing this for a while especially with the new battlepass out. Think I'll start out with the standard edition. It looks like it's on sale for 39.99. Is that a good deal?
I'd say yes. The singleplayer is easily the best CoD campaign this generation, and the multiplayer has tons of content.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Those stats are in there, if you go to recent matches, then select the arrow on the right hand side, it will bring up the stats for that match. Unless that match was 20 matches ago or something. Not sure you can find who you played with though to be fair, unless it's on the social part of the activision account management in game.

Thanks, I see that, but I'm looking for the full scoreboard (like when you hit TAB in-game). I remember BF allowed you to see every scoreboard from your previous matches, so I was looking for the same for a couple of recent matches.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
So I played a few rounds today, and I'm quite enjoying the MP. The series has never look or sounded better, and the gunplay makes it easy to forgive issues I run into with spawns not being all that great

Did anyone else have free CoD points upon loading this one up? I was curious to know how much the Battle Pass was, but when I selected the option, it was automatically purchased, which is when I discovered I had 3000 or so CoD Points on my account. I for sure didn't buy them...
Which edition did you buy? It seems like you bought the Enhanced Operator Edition, normally $100, which comes with 3000 COD points.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Which edition did you buy? It seems like you bought the Enhanced Operator Edition, normally $100, which comes with 3000 COD points.
Nahh, I got it physically from GS pre-owned

maybe it was leftover from the discounted Black Ops 4 premium version I got a while back. I don't think I ever spent those points, come to think of it

Oct 29, 2017
My only real complaint other than the lack of loadouts is the way the objectives unlock.

It's literally all a massive fucking grind. Only one objective active at a time resulting in an extremely repetitive playstyle constantly with actual memorisation of the objectives and constant checking after each match, what a fucking drag. If it all unlocked as you played I could just enjoy the game, instead of walking around throwing double molotovs or semtex instead of holding the gun.

Like when do I get to just play for the fun of it. When the next game is out?

And then if you want to get all the skins for your weapon of choice, you have to use every other weapon to completition :/

Crash was brilliant and now it's gone. I really wish it was more like Overwatch in how it cycles through the maps, I get repeats way too much in Quick Play.

.....just ignore it? Jesus.

I have never cared about unlocking skins in games like these. I play for fun. SO many times I see people saying, "Jesus grinding that skin was a fucking nightmare, on to the next!" like it's their job or something

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ignoring when games backtrack on features standard in their predecessors is how you end up getting less and less for the same price (or more) every year.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
How does the battle pass work? Can you unlock any of this stuff for free? I thought you could but it doesn't seem to be working that way.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
How does the battle pass work? Can you unlock any of this stuff for free? I thought you could but it doesn't seem to be working that way.
I think every five tier levels or something around that you unlock something. At 15 you get the G36 and at 31 the TAR. The rest is cosmetic stuff like watches, blueprints, operator skins, calling cards and emblems or x2 tokens

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

I have never cared about unlocking skins in games like these. I play for fun. SO many times I see people saying, "Jesus grinding that skin was a fucking nightmare, on to the next!" like it's their job or something
Please. Unlocking a skin should unlock the skin, not put players on another round of objectives to actually get the fucking skin. Don't be obtuse.

StickeeFingaz

Oct 25, 2017
Playing on PC, game has run perfectly since launch but I go to launch the game today and within ~2 mins of the game launching, I constantly receive "Dev Error 6328" message and the game crashes. I then launch the game is safe mode and within ~2 mins, the game just freezes and locks up my machine.

Any suggestions?

Oct 25, 2017
Playing on PC, game has run perfectly since launch but I go to launch the game today and within ~2 mins of the game launching, I constantly receive "Dev Error 6328" message and the game crashes. I then launch the game is safe mode and within ~2 mins, the game just freezes and locks up my machine.

Any suggestions?

Try running scan and repair from the launcher

edit:
I mean, that is just a safe place to start, I would try googling the dev error number if that does not help.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm done for awhile. I'm just tired of the gun balance, camping, and horrible spawns on the maps. I get excited to play and after a few matches I'm just beaten down by getting killed by the same thing over and over again. It's not any fun when everyone is using all the same stuff.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer is a mess of ideas that don't really coalesce. If you can put up with a whole bunch of bad decisions thrown together to sell MTX, $40 isn't a bad price. I'd keep waiting, though. The game's not in a state that's likely to keep you playing if you can't stand questionable map design, broken spawns, poor weapon balance, and so on.

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm done for awhile. I'm just tired of the gun balance, camping, and horrible spawns on the maps. I get excited to play and after a few matches I'm just beaten down by getting killed by the same thing over and over again. It's not any fun when everyone is using all the same stuff.
Therein lies one problem with sbmm. You get stuck in a meta. It truly sucks having to use certain guns to stay competitive.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019

Then I'll be missing out on cool keychains and sprays, the default ones are so trash.

There is a good way to do objectives but this one active at a time is the absolute worst and least fun way.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I think every five tier levels or something around that you unlock something. At 15 you get the G36 and at 31 the TAR. The rest is cosmetic stuff like watches, blueprints, operator skins, calling cards and emblems or x2 tokens
Thanks. I really just want the RAM gun. Looks like it's going to take a lot of time.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
One thing I've surprised more people haven't talked about how terrible hit indicators are. Can never tell where someone is shooting me from.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So here's a thing which might need some further investigating: buying MTX might get you into easier lobbies

Should be noted that all the way back in 2015 Activision patented a matchmaking system in which players who have bought or acquired certain MTX get matched against people who don't in the hope the player who doesn't have it goes out and buys MTX https://kotaku.com/activision-patents-matchmaking-that-encourages-players-1819630937

Directly from the patent: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&RefSrch=yes&Query=PN/9789406
A system and method is provided that drives microtransactions in multiplayer video games. The system may include a microtransaction arrange matches to influence game-related purchases. For instance, the system may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player. A junior player may wish to emulate the marquee player by obtaining weapons or other items used by the marquee player.

If this is actually implemented that's easily one of the scummiest thing any developer and publisher have pulled.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
So here's a thing which might need some further investigating: buying MTX might get you into easier lobbies

Should be noted that all the way back in 2015 Activision patented a matchmaking system in which players who have bought or acquired certain MTX get matched against people who don't in the hope the player who doesn't have it goes out and buys MTX https://kotaku.com/activision-patents-matchmaking-that-encourages-players-1819630937

Directly from the patent: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&RefSrch=yes&Query=PN/9789406

If this is actually implemented that's easily one of the scummiest thing any developer and publisher have pulled.

Yeah I'm calling BS on this one. Putting a good player with noobs just because he bought MTX would hurt noob retention.

EDIT:

There's also this highly-upvoted and gilded thread on Reddit. The OP is an effin' idiot and completely misinterpreted the patents and the Reddit community lapped it up.

Last edited:

madspooky

Oct 28, 2017
Fort Kent, ME
Anyone else have issues with setting clan tag? It doesn't seem to want to accept anything I put in there, considering everything as "profane". Profanity filter is off, never been banned or anything in previous games. Other people I know don't seem to have the issue but it appears to be random based on browsing the official forums.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Anyone else have issues with setting clan tag? It doesn't seem to want to accept anything I put in there, considering everything as "profane". Profanity filter is off, never been banned or anything in previous games. Other people I know don't seem to have the issue but it appears to be random based on browsing the official forums.
At least you can still use MAGA, TRUMP, INCEL, and my personal favorite, HardR.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Put shitty players, sub .50 k/d, under 100 points per match, with others with the same stats. The boomerang SBMM fucks everything up. Keep the sweaty fucks with the other sweaty fucks.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Gunfight maps are of higher quality (when talking about graphics) compared to regular MP maps, yes?

I was in a private match, using a free camera to take some shots and I'm impressed with how some of them look. Mind you, this is on the X1 and these are 1440p:

iu6R7Q.png

iukGxz.png

iu6OA2.png

I think the remake of Crash looks pretty good as well. Better than the regular maps:

iukx2v.png

iukoCc.png

iukXB9.png

Going to check out some more MP maps and take a few shots of those, too.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
So I tried realism for the first time. I think it's more my pace because S&D is my favorite mode, but I was confused: it was the cave map at night for domination and the game mode enabled laser on every weapon, even if laser is not an attachment. I don't understand why it was forcing every gun to use the laser. It just made it too obvious when someone is around the corner, etc. Am I missing something? I normally use iron sights.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
User warned: ableist slur
Now that I got used to the game I have to deal with something else, stupid people who think that killing will net them games, focus on the goddamn objective.

Last edited:

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So I tried realism for the first time. I think it's more my pace because S&D is my favorite mode, but I was confused: it was the cave map at night for domination and the game mode enabled laser on every weapon, even if laser is not an attachment. I don't understand why it was forcing every gun to use the laser. It just made it too obvious when someone is around the corner, etc. Am I missing something? I normally use iron sights.
I believe turning off your NVG disables the laser but it's obviously harder to see and I'm not sure if it's intentional or not but if you put a hybrid scope on a weapon you can ADS perfectly fine even with the goggles on.