• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
On our individual stats page, how is the killstreak count measured? Do killstreak kills not count to your overall best killstreak record?

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The whole point of monetization crap is to prey on "fomo".

For a lot of people they catch them with cosmetics but for everyone else they always throw something gameplay in like new weapons to cover all of their bases.

It's a manipulative garbage system through and through.
Truthfully looking at the video game release schedule for the next few months, there is nothing I'm ever remotely interested in until March at the earliest. And event that's a maybe.

I've already put 150+ hours into this game and it's the only game I will be playing for the forseeable future. I enjoy playing it. I enjoy talking about it. I enjoy most aspects of the experience. It's a hobby for me, not just recreation. So I don't mind putting money into it that I would normally be spending on other games. I'm sure Activision is happy with the payday they receive from someone like me but I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm a grown ass person and I can spend my budgeted money the way I want and recognize the upsides and downsides without feeling taken advantage of or preyed upon.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
By far my biggest frustration with this game at the moment is nobody playing objective. Losing a game of hardpoint Narrowly when I've got 2 minutes in the area and everyone else combined is on thirty seconds is so annoying. It has always been an issue in cod but is super frustrating.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Will buying a bunch of Mountain Dew help me get through this Battle Pass or what? Or is it more tied to time played?

Oct 27, 2017
So, it pains me to say this, not least of all as I purchased the battle pass a few days ago, but I'm done with the game.

The battle pass is actually pretty good, no issue with content or value. But I think I was hoping it would give me something to keep playing for, and the poor gameplay is just too much for me to get passed I think.

FWIW, I got to 155 in season 0, currently level 71 and pass level.. 11 I think.

The game is so inconsistent it''s borderline boring to play. Too many places to watch out for, for danger. Too many poor trade-offs in battle owing to such a small TTK that any form of server tic issues (and from memory, the polling rate on servers is pretty rubbish) means you lose gunfights you had no right to. Visibility is dreadful - BEYOND dreadful in fact. And the camping? I kind of dont blame them - I don't camp, but if the alternative is lose gunfights you shouldn't or get shot in the back constantly, it's the smart-man's play. Not for me though.

I think I'd have given up and moved on a few weeks ago had shoot house not come along. But I'm kidding myself to waste the time playing this. It's a very poor COD game, and seeing as I've literally played every major one from PC through to the COD4-onwards mega hits, it really bothers me to say it. Its beyond poor in fact.

It could be tweaked so easily to bring it back - visibility, better maps, tweak the TTK slightly, reduce equipment damage. But they won't do it, I'm certain.

I think I'm in the same boat. I keep coming back to give this game another chance since I always give these games time to find its footing. But I loaded it up again for the first time in a week and its just the same boring shit every match. All of the maps, except shoothouse and gunrunner are pure shit, entire teams camping in corner rooms with claymores, shitty visibility, challenges are shitty and are badly setup, etc. And spec ops is a fucking joke on top of it. I only keep it installed just in case my friend wants to play a little 2v2 or they announce the battle royale mode so its nice and updated and ready. Dont want to reinstall one day and wait 500 hours for a patch to copy. :P

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
By far my biggest frustration with this game at the moment is nobody playing objective. Losing a game of hardpoint Narrowly when I've got 2 minutes in the area and everyone else combined is on thirty seconds is so annoying. It has always been an issue in cod but is super frustrating.
Yeah I know. It's the main reason I stepped away and decided to wait for them to fix alot of the game. The main thing they need to do is make kill streaks into scorestreaks across the board.

Because as long as the only way to get high end Killstreaks is to camp and play safe then objective game modes will be completely unplayable for solo players. Because it will just be abunch of kids running around going for kills while ignoring the actual point of the game which is to win.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah I know. It's the main reason I stepped away and decided to wait for them to fix alot of the game. The main thing they need to do is make kill streaks into scorestreaks across the board.

Because as long as the only way to get high end Killstreaks is to camp and play safe then objective game modes will be completely unplayable for solo players. Because it will just be abunch of kids running around going for kills while ignoring the actual point of the game which is to win.
I agree entirely on score streaks. It was a positive change when it was made back in the day for this very reason, and the perks alone aren't a good swap. Given the functionality is in the game it isn't even like it would be a hard change to implement.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
oh heeeelllll yes shoothouse

I never get sick of gunfight but this is straight up the only other part of this game I enjoy

Oct 27, 2017
There's no reason to play objectively, they need to move to scorestreaks instead. It's already in the game so it shouldn't be that difficult.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I will never understand why people like clusterfuck maps like Shoot House. I can't stand them. I leave every single lobby match that puts me in Shoot House.

No thank you.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Picking up somebodies Ram-7 honestly makes me want to pay to win considering how slow the battle pass levels up and you can't cheese it unless you're playing on PS4. The gun is better than the M4 in every way and feels like it's almost uncontestable. It does the same damage as the M4 with a higher firerate so I'm sure around the time that most people start getting it they're going to nerf it into the ground.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
If you want to play some Domination with me, I'll cap and die on the objectives with you. PSN: Hoodbury. Activision ID: Hoodbury29

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
They would not be so bad if they were not 6v6, but I agree. Then they complain about spawns being bad, on a map that small.
The shit tastic spawning on that map isn't even the worst part of the map for me. It's that 2nd story building in the middle. It turns into a idiotic king of the hill battle between the two teams every freaking time with scrubs camping the doors and windows waiting for people to walk in or come by.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
The shit tastic spawning on that map isn't even the worst part of the map for me. It's that 2nd story building in the middle. It turns into a idiotic king of the hill battle between the two teams every freaking time with scrubs camping the doors and windows waiting for people to walk in or come by.

Yeah, office is shit in shoot house.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
They would not be so bad if they were not 6v6, but I agree. Then they complain about spawns being bad, on a map that small.
Interesting. I used to play the Wii and Wii-U CoDs and one of the constraints was it was only 5v5. I actually think that played better. You weren't always getting shot from 3 different angles. You had more time to breath, play strategically, or run and gun without getting sniped non stop. Capping flags in Domination was still hard but doable if you cleared the area a bit.

Then when I switched to PS4 and got 6v6 things are just way more unpredictable. I die so much trying to cap the B flag. Flow seems off, etc. I actually preferred 5v5.

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
Shoot house is great for a number of reasons:

- high kill count
- lack of significant opportunities to camp
- ability to really learn the map - sight-lines, angles etc
- low time from death to getting back into the fight
- supports every different weapon class, from knife-melee masters to LMGs
- relatively high XP is generally possible given the amount of conflicts
- ability to hard counter anything due to size and 3-lane set up

It essentially cures the crap that still needs fixing by virtue of being small.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017

- high kill count

I don't even really consider it a genuinely good map, it's just better than every other non-Gunfight map in the game IMO. It'd be like a C at best in any other FPS.

It's been said a million times in this thread but I still can't get over the launch maps in this game. It's like Halo 4 levels. I still have nightmares of Complex.

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
I don't even really consider it a genuinely good map, it's just better than every other non-Gunfight map in the game IMO. It'd be like a C at best in any other FPS.

It's been said a million times in this thread but I still can't get over the launch maps in this game. It's like Halo 4 levels. I still have nightmares of Complex.
Oh agreed, it's like a bell curve though - because the majority of the normal maps are D- tier (couple of exceptions maybe) shoothouse gets elevated to S-Tier.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
When is Gunfight OSP coming? I like that mode more than normal Gunfight. A pistols only Gunfight would be awesome. Anything other than ARs or SMGs.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan

That's an insult to Complex, at least Complelx had a flow to it. Not to mention even the worst vanilla Halo 4 and Reach maps are still way above most of the maps in this game

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I want 24/7 Crash. After playing it for a few rounds the map design of standard maps comes out even more atrocious. I'd pay full price if they'd just release all CoD 4 maps. Even Shipment.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Are they ever gonna make the Vtol noise be at a bearable level? Every time one gets called in i Can't hear anything else. Like i'm in a party chat with the audio focused on the party and when the vtol shows up i Can't even hear my friends.

It's ridiculous.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Why the hell is Crash gone and shoothouse back =__=
The speed at which they replaced Crash with Shoothouse means they probably saw a massive decrease in engagement and wanted to make sure they maintained numbers throughout the weekend. This should hopefully be a wakeup call for them.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Are they ever gonna make the Vtol noise be at a bearable level? Every time one gets called in i Can't hear anything else. Like i'm in a party chat with the audio focused on the party and when the vtol shows up i Can't even hear my friends.

It's ridiculous.

Killstreak audio levels are being tweaked, will be in a future patch.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Man I don't know if I can finish the Longshot and Mounted challenges for the M13... it's just atrocious beyond anything past medium range no matter what attachments you throw on.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got the game this week. When did IW decide to add the minimap back by default? Was there any reason for the change?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

- high kill count

This. This right here.

Shoot House is only good because the basic map design allows you to counter all the fucking glaring problems with the games core design.

Very rarely does the game turn into a boring camp fest like every other map in the game usually does.

Even when I lose I still rack up thousands of score.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So do you just get literally zero battle pass experience if you join a match that's already in session? I didn't even notice it until now because I joined a ground war match that was around 20 - 20, played the whole thing and when I checked after the match my BP bar didn't even move at all.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017

- high kill count

It has a few questionable sightlines (ex. mid Alpha Gate does not need to have a headglitch overlooking the entire lane), but otherwise yes, I agree. I think the smaller size of Shoot House (and its higher quality than many other 6v6 maps) allows us to better understand IW's major problems when it comes to map design (and where their style can succeed):
  • Pro: Narrow, but exposed flank routes that reward taking risks by putting you behind enemies
  • Con: There's narrow but exposed flank routes that intersect straight down the middle of the map, there only really needs to be one
  • Pro: Power positions worth holding that give visibility to the aforementioned sightlines, as well as a high traffic area
  • Con: Both spawns have those power positions, but there only needs to be one, and it should be near the center of the map (a la Crash's original one power position on the dumpster)
  • Pro: A vertical area of the map with an asymmetrical entrance to offset how one side has considerably less cover available on their half of the map, and breaks up the monotony of lateral gunfights (good asymmetrical cover balance)
  • Con: No cons, that's just a good call

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Killstreak audio levels are being tweaked, will be in a future patch.

That's a relief. I hope it's not just a minor audio tweak either. Like it's not just a bit too loud but wayyyyyy too loud. Same goes for helicopters by the way.

For some reason it feels like they wanted to have realistic sounding audio but forgot to ask themselves if that would even be a smart idea from a game standpoint and stuff like comfort/qol.

I guess it's immersive as i can totally imagine a jet being this loud as fuck (probably much much worse) and it drowning out everything else but besides immersion it just doesn't work on so many levels.

Comfort? Gone. Communication with friends? Gone. Enjoyment? Gone. Got headphones on? You'll probably have to check your hearing afterwards.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I just played over an hour of a Spec Ops survival match only for it to not count because a guy decided to leave and it failed to change hosts. FML.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the wonders of listen servers in 2019! How refreshing.

I just don't get why people leave. I'm pretty sure that if you leave during a survival, it doesn't count. So why leave? It was made worse since it was just 3 of us and two of them were a duo.

Edit: It seemed to have counted a bit of actually? I restarted my game and I'm now nearly lv 10 on my BP.

It still says 4/5 Survival matches played but at least it wasn't a complete loss.