• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't you been done like 10 times already?

Anyway in terms of the BP the blog on Activision site says it's a combination of Time Played, exp gained, and completing challenges. That why there is such disparity between how people are progressing. People who are constantly completing challenges are leveling up fairly fast while others who are just playing matches and not going for challenges are going much slower.
Kind of hard to do challenges when every lobby is sweaty as hell

I've been needing killstreak kills for days now. I can't even get a damn UAV nevermind airstrikes and predator missiles.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Man I breezed through RDR2's Outlaw Pass. (Honestly I think they made it too easy), but this one is super grindy as hell. I ain't paying though.

I refuse to support these shenanigans.
Yeah, RDO's Outlaw pass (at least this first one) is easily the best in the industry so far. Took only a few days of casual play to max it out.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plus the way challenges work sucks ass compared to the old way. Can only track one at a time and it's not general challenges but super specific crap.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
So yesterday I was upset with everyone trashing Crash. Today, I think I agree. Its just too hard to spot people. This map was amazing for me in COD4, but its just not built for this game.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got the calling card where you have to get 10 kills without dying 5 times. I somehow pulled off a 20+ kill streak on crash 24/7, which got me the last two streaks I needed. I by no means found this easy, as it is so easy to die in this game, but camping paid off each time.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I finally got the calling card where you have to get 10 kills without dying 5 times. I somehow pulled off a 20+ kill streak on crash 24/7, which got me the last two streaks I needed. I by no means found this easy, as it is so easy to die in this game, but camping paid off each time.
Lol, incidentally I just got this one done too on Crash. Never left spawn in a Dom game and just peeked down a corridor. A friend played aggro and called in supply drops for me. What a bro.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, incidentally I just got this one done too on Crash. Never left spawn in a Dom game and just peeked down a corridor. A friend played aggro and called in supply drops for me. What a bro.

Nice, I used to do that with friends back in MW2, it felt so good when it all paid off helping each other get something we really wanted.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

-Holger-26 is a solid LMG but not as good as the PKM.
-RAM-7 might potentially be the best AR in the game but more testing is needed.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Cecot said on Reddit that Shoothouse 24/7 is coming back in a future update. Hopefully that is sooner rather than later. Even though I will admit I'm liking Crash more than I initially did but still some stuff I don't like.

Hoping to finally get SCAR gold soon.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Cecot said on Reddit that Shoothouse 24/7 is coming back in a future update. Hopefully that is sooner rather than later. Even though I will admit I'm liking Crash more than I initially did but still some stuff I don't like.

Get ready for a 15gb update just for that map.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC

Probably saw their engagement numbers go down.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll come back when Shoot House 24/7 does, or if they add more maps with a similar flow and propensity for a wider range of weapons being used.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. People loved Nuketown 24/7 in Blops 3 and Shipment 24/7 in WWII.

At this point every CoD should have a clusterfuck 24/7 playlist.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
So do daily challenges the ribbon challenges not count towards the battlepass if the battlepass is based on time not XP?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Man I want the RAM-7 but not enough to grind the battle pass. I prefer Battlefield where I can just buy the guns with in-game currency if I miss them.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
lol can't even use my field upgrades in 10v10, great work.
Sometimes when I stay in the same lobby for too many matches in a row my field upgrades bug out and I can't use them. I don't play 10v10. So maybe you have the same bug or is it every 10v10 match you can't use them?

I get other strange bugs when I stay in the lobby too long as well. Like that is the only time when I'll get PC players with a mouse icon by there name to show up. So I try to keep a mental note while playing to leave after every third match or so and refresh the lobby.

x.f

Nov 1, 2017
I'm still trying to figure out what my go-to primary is. I've been having really good luck with the P90, although oddly enough I feel like almost no one seems to use it. I see a bunch of people with the MP5/Bizon/MP7, but I don't think I have enough attachments yet to make them viable. I'm also trying really hard not to use the M4, but every other AR I've tried to commit to just falls short one way or another. M13 doesn't have the dmg, Kilo doesn't have the fire rate, Both the SCAR and Oden's fire rate is too slow for close combat, AK has absurd recoil, and the FAL got crazy nerfed.

Other than that, what have people been optimizing for with their builds? I saw a streamer say that ADS speed is really king in this game, so I've been trying to outfit attachments specifically for that. For the P90 and AR's that seems to work out okay, but for LMGs I think it takes off too much damage and range.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes when I stay in the same lobby for too many matches in a row my field upgrades bug out and I can't use them. I don't play 10v10. So maybe you have the same bug or is it every 10v10 match you can't use them?

I get other strange bugs when I stay in the lobby too long as well. Like that is the only time when I'll get PC players with a mouse icon by there name to show up. So I try to keep a mental note while playing to leave after every third match or so and refresh the lobby.

Dunno, first time I went into a 10v10 in like three weeks. Had it in 3 different lobbies lol

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys (especially the ones on consoles) turn off cross play? I don't usually have an issue playing with PC/mouse and keyboard players aside from yesterday when I came across this player who was simply untouchable. He ended up destroying my entire team and left us a not-so-nice message after the fact to top it off. Ended up disabling cross-play after that but now I'm wondering if I effectively halved the player pool available to play with.

Honestly I've never come across something like that in all of my years playing COD and it's not like I'm a potato playing the game either, I've always supported pretty high KD/score per minute/win-loss ratio stats.
I took it off because I was starting to get matched up with m&kb players, and there's been no change in my match making time. The matches are no less sweaty (holy hell are these matches getting insane), but I don't see people dropping the n-word in the text chat anymore

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
The RAM-7 (TAR) Is good fun to use and will likely be competitive in the meta (quicker ttk than the m4 and quick ads). Worth the grind, but I only had to do eleven tiers since I bought the bundle.

As to the Holger (g36), I believe it needs some tuning so it handles more like an AR when you switch to the 30 round mag. Boost movement speed and ads time, as befits such a substantial change in ammunition.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Took the advice of some of you in here and started playing HQ, Hardpoint, and Domination, and was actually able to enjoy the game far more. It's still taking a lot to adjust to the new mechanics of the game and the more "realism," but hopefully I can get there. Just SO frustrating being bad at a Call of Duty when I've never had this problem in 10+ years of playing the series haha.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Remember how in CoD: WWII, you couldn't call in killstreaks in War because it'd spit in the face of the focused objective-based gameplay?

Ground War without killstreaks might actually be genuinely enjoyable. With them, it's a complete clusterfuck of sound from all directions (which is impossible for someone like me with sensory issues to process). Add in some genuinely terrible map layouts that let snipers peek from every angle with minimal bullet drop or travel time, and you have a real mess of a mode.

I can't believe it got past testing, honestly. It's like all the worst parts of Battlefield, with none of the good. And considering Battlefield V is actually quite fantastic, all playing Ground War does is make me want to turn off MW and go play it instead. You know, the better-considered game, in spite of all its faults.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Remember how in CoD: WWII, you couldn't call in killstreaks in War because it'd spit in the face of the focused objective-based gameplay?

Ground War without killstreaks might actually be genuinely enjoyable. With them, it's a complete clusterfuck of sound from all directions (which is impossible for someone like me with sensory issues to process). Add in some genuinely terrible map layouts that let snipers peek from every angle with minimal bullet drop or travel time, and you have a real mess of a mode.

I can't believe it got past testing, honestly. It's like all the worst parts of Battlefield, with none of the good. And considering Battlefield V is actually quite fantastic, all playing Ground War does is make me want to turn off MW and go play it instead. You know, the better-considered game, in spite of all its faults.
War was so great, no Streaks to cement and already winning team even further into the winning position or giving a player the opportunity to clear the objective simply by calling in a streak, K/D not counting giving people less incentive to killwhore & putting more focus on objective play and every map being unique due to having its own unique set of objectives.
If it ever returns I'll be thrilled. I understand why it probably might not though, it simply doesn't make a lot of sense from a business perspective to invest a lot of time in a big map which is only playable in 1 specific mode when you can just use that time and money to make 2 or 3 regular 6v6 maps.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
War was so great, no Streaks to cement and already winning team even further into the winning position or giving a player the opportunity to clear the objective simply by calling in a streak, K/D not counting giving people less incentive to killwhore & putting more focus on objective play and every map being unique due to having its own unique set of objectives.
If it ever returns I'll be thrilled. I understand why it probably might not though, it simply doesn't make a lot of sense from a business perspective to invest a lot of time in a big map which is only playable in 1 specific mode when you can just use that time and money to make 2 or 3 regular 6v6 maps.
War was simply phenomenal, and where the bulk of my time in WWII went. Ground War needs to take cues from that, because it's absolute dogshit as a Battlefield wannabe.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Took the advice of some of you in here and started playing HQ, Hardpoint, and Domination, and was actually able to enjoy the game far more. It's still taking a lot to adjust to the new mechanics of the game and the more "realism," but hopefully I can get there. Just SO frustrating being bad at a Call of Duty when I've never had this problem in 10+ years of playing the series haha.

A lot of HQ games are really bad though because people know they can get away with not playing the objective; it's actually worse than people who won't cap in dom or take hard points.

So you just end up seeing people that are trying to get 50+ kills a game, it's shitty.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting a battle pass tier an hour. 100 hours to finish this thing does seem like a long time...

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
so the operation paladin co op mission doesn't seem possible. the second phase of the mission was so hard and took me so long to beat that when i beat it i literally thought it was the end... but then there is a 3rd phase that's even fucking worse. i feel like the COD MW team never played a video game in their life...

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Can you do that without people being on them?
Yes you can bro!
I literally did that. Just blowing up stationary Quads in Aniyah Palace and boom it popped up in screen. Doesn't matter if friend nor foe was riding on it. 🙏🏽

Edit: Quads aka ATV's.
Ps: ATV's have their own icon on the mini map. Sooo good. Too bad though that only Aniyah palace has these ATV's. And 20dom never gave me Aniyah palace. Had to manually try to get TDM Aniyah. What a hassle.

Last edited:

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017

Cause they have no damn idea what they want the game to be. It's CoD, it's Battlefield, it's Rainbow Six. Suffering a major identity crisis.